Community Forum

Xfinity on Roku

New Poster

Xfinity on Roku

I installed Roku devices on multiple TVs. I’m using 3 different Roku products to match my TVs capabilities. I am using the streaming stick+, express, and ultra devices. I’m not sure if this is an xfinity issue or Roku but When watching live TV or when watching something from any other app, about every 5-10 minutes the picture goes out for about 10 seconds then comes back on. The audio is not interrupted. The TV I use the Roku Express on has the least interruptions. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if there is a solution.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity on Roku

Hello, Bonsi. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the issues you're running into with the Roku. Now you had mentioned you seem to have the issue with multiple apps and not just the Xfinity Steam app. This is leading me to believe it could be the Roku devices or the internet. Before we jump to conclusions, do you know if all the devices have updated firmware? You can get the steps on how to do this from the following link: https://support.roku.com/article/208755668-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-roku-streaming-device

Once you have confirmed the devices have the latest firmware and still have the issue, I would like to look further into the signal. Please send me a PM with your first and last name so I can check into this for you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity on Roku

Hello, Bonsi. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!