Community Forum

Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes

New Poster

Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes

My app will play live tv and shows I’ve recorded just fine on my iPad. But when I choose an episode from On Demand, it just spins (3 dots under the channel logo) over and over, and the episode won’t play. 

Has as anyone else experienced this? What’s going on??

Expert

Re: Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes

@cahart01 wrote:

My app will play live tv and shows I’ve recorded just fine on my iPad. But when I choose an episode from On Demand, it just spins (3 dots under the channel logo) over and over, and the episode won’t play. 

Has as anyone else experienced this? What’s going on??

standard fix (#1) to try is to run the app, log out of the app, log back in to the app. did that fix it?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I’m having the same issue. Logging out and back in didn’t resolve it, neither did deleting and redownloading the app. For me, the issue seems to happen after I’m able to successfully watch one episode from a series, then playing another one won’t work, but I am able to watch the first episode from a new series without any issues. The episodes that are an issue on my iPad work on the tv just fine.

Expert

@Kristen05 wrote:

I’m having the same issue. Logging out and back in didn’t resolve it, neither did deleting and redownloading the app. For me, the issue seems to happen after I’m able to successfully watch one episode from a series, then playing another one won’t work, but I am able to watch the first episode from a new series without any issues. The episodes that are an issue on my iPad work on the tv just fine.

is this an apple or android device? do you get an error message and error number? 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

It’s happening on 2 different iPads and an iPhone. I also tried restarting my modem and router based on a suggestion in a different forum, that didn’t work either. No error messages or numbers, just clocks.

Highlighted
Expert

@Kristen05 wrote:

It’s happening on 2 different iPads and an iPhone. I also tried restarting my modem and router based on a suggestion in a different forum, that didn’t work either. No error messages or numbers, just clocks.

try two separate things please. one try to watch on cell data (a minute or so). works? try logging off the app (gear menu) and then log back in. either fixed issue?

New Poster

It works when I disable WiFi and use cellular on my phone!! But I don’t have cellular on the iPads...thoughts?

Expert

@Kristen05 wrote:

It works when I disable WiFi and use cellular on my phone!! But I don’t have cellular on the iPads...thoughts?

do you have your own gateway/router? or use a rental?

New Poster

We own the router and modem.

Expert

@Kristen05 wrote:

We own the router and modem.

go to this link https://secure.xfinity.com/profile/#devices and compare the serial number shown for your modem to the one on your actual modem. same? if not, call 800-xfinity and select billing and ask teh agent to change the modem information. 

New Poster

I’ve tried all of the above suggestions and I still can’t get episodes to play from on demand on my iPad. I’ve tried calling Comcast also and they just keep trying to re send a signal. Anyone found an answer to this?

Expert

@Roycd wrote:

I’ve tried all of the above suggestions and I still can’t get episodes to play from on demand on my iPad. I’ve tried calling Comcast also and they just keep trying to re send a signal. Anyone found an answer to this?

go to this link https://secure.xfinity.com/profile/#devices and compare the serial number shown for your modem to the one on your actual modem. same? if not, call 800-xfinity and select billing and ask teh agent to change the modem information.  what were the results on comparing the numbers?