Community Forum

Xfinity app on Roku won’t start

Regular Visitor

Xfinity app on Roku won’t start

It says I’m not on my home WiFi (which I am). Tried everything. Reset Roku, deleted the app and reinstalled, checked to make sure I am connected to home WiFi, (every other app on the roku works fine). I am using my own modem and not a Comcast one. Serial number matches the Mac Address. The model number is off one letter (Model number is supposed to be SBG6782ACH but is shows SBG6782AC).
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity app on Roku won’t start

Hi, Maddog3rdCav! Thank you for posting in our community. I can check your account and see if there are any discrepancies on our end. I got your message and will reply back in a second. In the meantime, if you have an X1 box, have you tried the system refresh? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have tried the system refresh. I was on the phone with Comcast for over an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. The person who was helping me couldn’t figure it out.
New Poster

I am having the same issue with the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku and Iphone. It wont recognize my home wifi network as my home network. we have done the whole restart/reboot/uninstall/reinstall thing several times. We also confirmed that the router/modem numbers match up with comcast, but no one has been able to fix the issue. I hope @ComcastElla can help!

Official Employee

Greetings, andrewholgate92! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are having the same issue with the Roku not registering you're on your in-home network. Certainly frustrating not to be able to use a 3rd party device. I would certainly like to see what's going on with this. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, andrewholgate92. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

Official Employee

Hello, Maddog3rdCav. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.