Community Forum

Xfinity Wifi Android App - repeated auth failures and sign in again

Contributor

Xfinity Wifi Android App - repeated auth failures and sign in again

I have the Xfinity Wifi app on a Sony ZL, with the aim to connecting (only) to the encrypted Xfinity SSID's, not the clear xfinity ones that do not require it.

I rarely am in range, as there are no such near my house, but most of the times when I am near businesses which have it, it fails.  It says "Authentication failure" and then requires that I log in again.  I do -- always the same user/password, and it is always accepted.  Afterwards, it never seems to connect, as though there are none in range (even though it shows several on the maps).

Then a day or few days later it does the same thing again, and it all happens again.

It never refuses to log me in when I enter my user/password, it accepts them.  It is after sitting a few days it complains.  The complaint invariably comes when I get near a hotspot and appears as an alert on the lock screen; it does not require me to go into the app.  In fact I have yet to see anything I can actually DO from within the app other than browse the maps; I assume it's supposed to interact with the wifi manager and automatically connect. 

Does this work reliably for anyone (on Android)?  

Is there a trick or setting to make it remember the credentials? 

I have internet only from Comcast by the way.  And again -- I'm using the same credentials each time they are accepted -- this is not a case of them changing out from under the app. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Wifi Android App - repeated auth failures and sign in again

Go to https://customer.xfinity.com/Secure/WiFiDevices and review your device list of remembered devices that have connected to xfinitywifi.  Remove old devices, or all of then and start fresh.