Community Forum

Xfinity TV on Chrome does not work.

New Poster

Xfinity TV on Chrome does not work.

I'm trying to watch my recorded shows on my laptop. When I play one, it will take a long time to load, then play for about 10 seconds, and then freeze. I have cleaned out my browsing history, cookies, etc. Run my cleaner program to clean junk files out of my computer, checked and restarted my modem, tried watching on my phone app instead. All to no avail. This has been going on for several hours. Now when I open the webpage, none of the show artwork is even loading. What is happening and how can I fix this?

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV on Chrome does not work.

Same here. I had to switch to the MS Edge.

New Poster

It is now 2017 when is Comcast going to support Chromium OS.

Device Shipments, 2015

Android
  
54.16%
iOS/macOS
  
12.37%
Windows
  
11.79%
Other
  
21.66%

When Other is almost equal to combined Mac and Windos plaforms and the chrome browser has over 45 % browser share, Comcast is going to loose this streaming customer.  We are down to our last windows pc and it is not planed on being replaced. Bye Bye comcast. 

Expert

ChromeOS wrote:

It is now 2017 when is Comcast going to support Chromium OS.

Device Shipments, 2015           Android
  
54.16% iOS/macOS
  
12.37% Windows
  
11.79% Other
  
21.66%

When Other is almost equal to combined Mac and Windos plaforms and the chrome browser has over 45 % browser share, Comcast is going to loose this streaming customer.  We are down to our last windows pc and it is not planed on being replaced. Bye Bye comcast. 

is that what is running on a new chrome book laptop? My wife's chromebook runs the https://tv.xfinity.com/ web portal just fine. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Wow, @Rustyben! A "service expert" who doesn't know what an OS is! It figures why Comcast can't get it right.

I am running the latest Chromium (dated March 1, 2017), and still can't stream XFinity movies (from tv.xfinity.com). It's not a Chrome OS/Chromium issue though, as Netflix streams just fine.

Comcast complains about the FlashPlayer version. From what I read, Chrome OS has its own Flash Player, "Pepper Flash Player", which Comcast refuses to support. 

Official Employee

pulcino wrote:

Wow, @Rustyben! A "service expert" who doesn't know what an OS is! It figures why Comcast can't get it right.

I am running the latest Chromium (dated March 1, 2017), and still can't stream XFinity movies (from tv.xfinity.com). It's not a Chrome OS/Chromium issue though, as Netflix streams just fine.

Comcast complains about the FlashPlayer version. From what I read, Chrome OS has its own Flash Player, "Pepper Flash Player", which Comcast refuses to support. 

Supported operating systems and browsers are listed here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/xfinity-tv-website-requirements/

New Poster

l am also unable to stream live tv on my chromebook.  It plays,  but a few minutes in the audio and video become separated;  audio repeats itself or is a second or two ahead of the video.  Then everything glitches like it's trying to get itself together.

TVGo for on demand programs works ok,  but not great.  milliseconds of lag make it unpleasant on the eyes.  Help me.  I already have Comcast working on this but no improvement.  

New Poster

On June 10, 2017, video still does not stream on Chrome.  One tech said they had made som adjustments a couple of months ago, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.  

Silver Problem Solver

Oinophilos wrote:

On June 10, 2017, video still does not stream on Chrome.  One tech said they had made som adjustments a couple of months ago, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.  

When I use the URL https://tv.xfinity.com/ it is a secure (https) connection with my Chrome browser.  Can you get a secure connection with your Chrome browser?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

I have Windows 10 Pro with Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit) and besides making an entry for https://tv.xfinity.com - Allow in the Settings -> Show advanced settings... -> Privacy -> Content settings... -> Flash -> Manage exceptions... button, I still needed to turn off the Flashcontrol plugin (aka Extension) that I installed long before Chrome started disabling Flash by default. Actually, I selected Allow this site in Flashcontrol's left-click drop-down menu (as opposed to its right-click Context menu, which does not offer that option).

So, possibly you still have something else blocking Flash, 'cause pepper seems to work fine.

Regular Contributor

Regular email doesn't work in chrome anymore either
Expert

applehazar wrote:
Regular email doesn't work in chrome anymore either

win 10 64bit here and chrome works fine with TV stream web site as well as webmail.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Contributor

Sorry morespecific windows 7 professional chrome will not load Comcast emails anymore for me. Works with Firefox
New Poster

I just recently could not access xfinitystream (accepted password, but loaded blank page) with either of my 2 Windows laptops using the Chrome Browswer.  Also my Chromebook encountered the same problem.  Full access was previously enabled, but no explanation from Comcast as to what changed.  The Chat room was no help indicating the need to upgrade to the Triple Play package ):

Problem solved as follows:

- Noticed a small icon in the URL window indicating "3rd party cookies being blocked"

- Click on Chrome Brower Settings and go to "Settings/Advanced Settings/Content Settings/Cookies" and turn off "block 3rd party cookies".

Hope this helps some of the other frustrated xfinity customers.

Regular Visitor

This is the message I get when trying xfinity stream:

Flash compatibility issue

XFINITY Stream requires a more recent version of Flash.

Please update to the latest version of Flash and ensure your browser has Flash enabled.

It was working fine until a few days ago and works fine on Edge browser. I reinstalled the latest version of Flash (26PPAPI) then I uninstalled & reinstalled Chrome. Flash is enabled in the settings. Still no luck!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks........  

New Poster

I am experiencing this same issue starting today. I can watch Flash videos in Chrome on other websites but now Xfinity no longer works. Was there a change to either Flash or Xfinity that is causing this? I have tried deleting browser data, uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome, restarting my computer, restarting my router, and nothing is working. I can access Xfinity stream with Microsoft Edge and it works fine. Why won't Xfinity recognize Flash in Chrome anymore? 

Frequent Visitor

Same with me happened a few days ago. I believe Chrome made some changes.

Bronze Problem Solver

Flash problems are being reported for chrome version 60 on the google chrome forum for other sites, also report that the canary (unstable) version works. Google doesn't offer older  versions of chrome, but there are 3rd party sites that have offline installers of old versions. You will need to uninstall chrome before trying to install an older version, the installer fails if later Chrome already installed. Here is where I got version 59 (and older) of chrome - https://www.chrome-portable.com/index.php/google-chrome-offline-installer

Expert

mvenanzi wrote:

Flash problems are being reported for chrome version 60 on the google chrome forum for other sites, also report that the canary (unstable) version works. Google doesn't offer older  versions of chrome, but there are 3rd party sites that have offline installers of old versions. You will need to uninstall chrome before trying to install an older version, the installer fails if later Chrome already installed. Here is where I got version 59 (and older) of chrome - https://www.chrome-portable.com/index.php/google-chrome-offline-installer

chrome about1.jpgthis is my version of chrome and flash is part of chrome. I would go into uninstaller and fine any 'other' version so fchrome and remove then reboot. then reinstall chrome on top of itself.

Bronze Problem Solver

In another thread on these forums, it is being reported that changing a chrome flag fixes problem. Someone with ver. 60 test and report.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Xfinity-Stream-Live-TV-On-Demand-no-longer-works...

Regular Visitor

Flag setting did the job.

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

That did the job.Thanks