Community Forum

Xfinity TV app not showing DVR recording

New Poster

Xfinity TV app not showing DVR recording

The X1 Dvr recordings are not showing on the xfinity tv app. Anything I can do to fix that?
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV app not showing DVR recording

Gisli wrote:
The X1 Dvr recordings are not showing on the xfinity tv app. Anything I can do to fix that?

Do you have cloud storage enabled on you account?

Valued Contributor

Have you ever been able to see the recordings before using the application? Sometimes the the cloud functionality needs to be enabled on Comcast end. You would want to make sure your account says X1 Cloud DVR instead of X1 Anyroom DVR. This would make a difference if you would see the recordings available online. You could also try seeeing if the recordings can be seen online using the http://tv.xfinity.com website.

Just make sure you are using the Comcast username and password that is on your Comcast account. 

Problem Solver

If it's not showing, then you need to call Comcast, and ask them to add the "Cloud DVR rate code" to your account. No one on the forums can do that for you. Well, I'm sure a Comcast person on the forums could do it, but they seem to pick and choose what posts they decide to answer.

Gisli wrote:
Frequent Visitor

I was able to access recordings on the app in the past. Now I can't. They said exactly what has been mentioned. It's listed as X1Anyroom DVR instead of cloud. Here's the kicker. I was told that to change it to X1 Cloud, I'll have to pay extra $/month. So, they took away a feature that I had and are now telling me I have to pay to get it back. Sounds an awful lot like bait and switch. The thing is, I always hear horror stories about comcast...exactly these types of situations, but until now, we had been very satisfied. Not anymore.
Expert

Sslaven wrote:
I was able to access recordings on the app in the past. Now I can't. They said exactly what has been mentioned. It's listed as X1Anyroom DVR instead of cloud. Here's the kicker. I was told that to change it to X1 Cloud, I'll have to pay extra $/month. So, they took away a feature that I had and are now telling me I have to pay to get it back. Sounds an awful lot like bait and switch. The thing is, I always hear horror stories about comcast...exactly these types of situations, but until now, we had been very satisfied. Not anymore.

I also got that charge (7.99/month for 12 months). IF and only if your package does not charge you specifically for at least one DVR (equipment included in package) then there is a charge. Some 12 month packages now are available that include the HD fee (saving you the $10/month separate charge) and all the x1 equipment. so you 'pay' $7.99 but stop the $10 fee for 12 months.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.