Community Forum

Xfinity TV Remote app really needs updating, it also needs to be added to this section.

Highlighted
Contributor

Xfinity TV Remote app really needs updating, it also needs to be added to this section.

This app has been abandoned when customers still use it. It's a great app, what other tv remote app is fully synced to Xfinity customers' accounts and is directly connected to Xfinity's catalog of content? NONE, so I don't understand why it has been abandoned if you're still selling physical boxes for customers' televisions, unless there's plans to convert TV into a streaming service only. If so, then abandon it then not now.

Anyway, back to the updates.

• Dark mode or just update the UI to match the darker theme that the current Xfinity Stream app has. It saves battery for devices that have AMOLED panels and it's easier on the eyes than white!

• Info button has been missing from this app for so long, it is very needed. Especially since on the physical remote, you can use the info button to restart movies that are airing on a particular channel.

• Music section with the addition of music videos being indexed into the search bar along with every other On Demand content that's currently being indexed (examples: Movies and TV series).

• Indexing of people, musicians, actors, directors, etc. On, On Demand, you can search public figures and be directed to all content that Xfinity has access to that they've starred in or worked on. People searching, should be indexed in the search bar as well.

• Last but not least, officially add it to this community forum so customers who are experiencing issues with it, want to provide feedback, or request new features can.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV Remote app really needs updating, it also needs to be added to this section.

Here, here! Thumbs up for your post! It's been frustrating getting conflicting messages from Comcast regarding the future of the Remote app. I've had higher level support techs tell me it's no longer supported, only to be contradicted by the techs on this board.

I use this app daily, and apparently so do many other customers. Comcast should keep it running and updated!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV Remote app really needs updating, it also needs to be added to this section.

Thanks!

It really is! Like I said before, what other remote app is integrated into Comcast's services and products? None! So I don't understand why they're trying to abandon it, all it needs is a revamp/update.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

100% agree!