Community Forum

Xfinity TV Remote app - no devices

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV Remote app - no devices

^
Not correct unless I’m missing something. You can’t change the channel on your TV from the streaming app.
New Poster

I agree. There is no remote options at all on the streaming app

Frequent Visitor

Agree.  The streaming app is fine for accessing the dvr, and recording new content but no ability to change channels remotely, which just disappeared a week ago when "no devices" appeared.  I used the remote app to change channels for my slingbox, so that I am not limited to small screen playback (Iphone/Ipad).  The slingplayer has an app for changing channels, but it's a bit clunky and not easy to use.  Wonder if any other third party apps are out there that would work?

Frequent Visitor

you can change channels in Streaming App under live TV. no problem at all. keep exploring

New Poster

This doesn’t change the channel on my tv, just starts the programming within the app.
Frequent Visitor

Agree- it changes the channel on the app, not the setbox.  That does allow you to change and watch different channels but only on your mobile device.  I stream through Slingbox so that I can watch on a large screen tv away from my main home, so the streaming app doesn't help me.  Note that with the slingbox,  you do give up a bit of video quality as it converts the HDCP content to analog.  But still decent quality and acceptable to watch most channels. 

New Poster

Agree. It not a tv remote
Frequent Visitor

They Xfinity most likely figure if you want to change the channel on your TV you would be sitting in front of it and would use your remote and box hooked up to the TV. Otherwise the streamer app does it all as intended the Remote app is most likely a dead item. But you could,continue to contact Xfinity about having the app as a substitute for their hand hold device.

New Poster

When your husband kidnaps the remote and falls asleep. This is my only go to!!
Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem a few months ago -  but it fixed itself after a few weeks and the app currently works on my iOS devices

New Poster

Your lucky mine doesn’t
New Poster

Same problem,.... NO DEVICES,.... 

Expert

@Reh45 wrote:

It seems that Xfinity has added all that was in the remote app into its Streaming app. And quit supporting the remote app. Everything is now in streaming app you can even set your DVR from anywhere to record. A feature that was taken away a few years ago. For the life of me I don't know why when they make thes changes they never tell their support people. I see people on line for hours, changing boxes, resetting modems, etc. when all they need to do is down load the Xfinity Streaminng app, and if you already have it explore all the new features in it. And deleat the Remote app it is no longer needed.

that is not true. the Xfinity TV remote app works fine when our accounts are set up without other issues. are you having a problem with the TV remote app? if so, what device are you using? what operating system version? is the device jailbroken?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I just spent 2 hours with tech support. they have no clue what is going on. Finally the person said it was a nationwide outage on the Remote app and would get back to me when it is fixed. We shall see ! 

New Poster

I have the same exact problem signed out deleted the app n still same problem
Frequent Visitor

Ok people I now have a better understanding of what your problems are. So I redownloaded the app. And called. Xfinity with the "No Devices" and I got the same run around that you all Ave been getting. But with one difference. I know how to get past the level one people that work out of a binder to try and help you. I got to level 3 engineers.

I have confirmed that they have a problem with the app and web support. What ever happened on their end was major, they are working on both hardware and software code. And a fix will be fourth coming. I will be notified as soon as it is fixed. And I will report here if there is anything we need to do. Be patient my friends. These things are frustrating and take time. I suggested the higher ups might want to let their level one people know about these problems when they occur. It would save a lot of phone time.

I hope this helps. To the woman who posted here that her husband falls asleep with the remote, and she wanted to change the channel, and used the remote app. I never thought about that as you can only have one remote with each box. So that got me going to get this fixed...Thank You. I hope we all will be happy again soon.

Frequent Visitor

Great post, thanks for the info

Frustrating when level 1 and 2 aren’t clued in. I spoke with level 2 (advanced) and they told me that they are no longer supporting this app
I hope your info is correct!
Thanks
New Poster

I have come to find out that level 1 & 2 employees really don’t know much of anything, and are essentially guessing off of what information they have in their premade informational books and online searches.
Frequent Visitor

A little update, I found that the Remote app current version on Apple downloads works on my Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max., however it does not work on my iPad 11" pro.

so you might want to check this out. Maybe it is a device problem? I would be interested in knowing what device you are using and iOS.

Frequent Visitor

The current App works on both my iPad Pro and iPhone XR.  Both use ios13.2

New Poster

Not working on my iPhone X
Frequent Visitor

Nor on my Iphone X

New Poster

I have iPhone X. OS 13.2.1
Most Valued Poster

I use the TV Remote app (and have for a few years) to set DVR Recordings since this feature was turned back on last month. But for the past week, the TV Remote app doesn't show programs, the ability to set a recording, or change channels on the cable boxes.

Expert

@FAUguy wrote:

I use the TV Remote app (and have for a few years) to set DVR Recordings since this feature was turned back on last month. But for the past week, the TV Remote app doesn't show programs, the ability to set a recording, or change channels on the cable boxes.

there have been many reports of this but no shown resolution by comcast. you might try calling 800-comcast and select billing and ask the agent to see if your current username is tied to only your current account/address.  if it is then call back and select technical support, cable TV and ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team. let us know what they had to do (don't forget to ask!) to fix it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Same issue, here's the link the the thread I just started in case they or I figure it out. I too called and talked to level 1 and 2 support. They told me it was a "Known outage" and they were working on it. I even had her check on an estimated completion date and she looked into it and said 11/28/19

I turned in a box yesterday and that's when it started not showing devices. Support said it had nothing to do with that. Not sure how they can say that had nothing to do with it when they have no idea why it's happening.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Xfinity-Remote-app-stopped-loading-devices/td-p/3283713

Frequent Visitor

@Sabre138 wrote:

I just spent 2 hours with tech support. they have no clue what is going on. Finally the person said it was a nationwide outage on the Remote app and would get back to me when it is fixed. We shall see ! 

I called today and was told same thing. Estimated completion date 11/28/19

Regular Visitor

And just like that - it's working again! I have devices and can again change channels. Hooray!

New Poster

@MsBionic wrote:

And just like that - it's working again! I have devices and can again change channels. Hooray!

Mine came back today as well 

New Poster

Yes it is working again finally !
New Poster

AND.....it’s back! Just like that!  

New Poster

Same! Didn’t even intentionally click a channel, and noticed it was working!
Frequent Visitor

Dittos!

Glad it is resolved and working again

Wish Comcast would be better with communicating these issues, internally and externally to users.

Contributor

Still says no devices for me, so hopefully by the 28th...

Frequent Visitor

Sometime we have to just push. When a problem like this pops up you have to get them to investigate it. And the first level of help never tells the next level that there Might be a problem. To them we are the problem. And that’s why it takes so long to get it fixed. And to add to the problem when they know they have a problem they never send notices to the first level of support. And that makes it even harder. I wonder just how many DVR’s that were replaced that didn’t need to be.
Frequent Visitor

So my problem is completely opposite. How do you delete devices . My active devices are there as well as a number of old ones . Any way to delete.. it’s just not swipe or touch and delete
New Poster

My old one is still there. I just changed name to X. Don’t sign out and sign back in though. That’s how I got into this mess to start with. Glad they fixed it. I used it all day changing channels on my TVs for football Saturday.