Community Forum

Xfinity TV Remote app - no devices

Regular Visitor

Xfinity TV Remote app - no devices

First off the Xfinity TV Remote app is not listed in the Mobile Apps section of this community forum. Does that mean Comcast is no longer supporting it? If not is there a statement somewhere about this?

I am a heavy user of the TV Remote app on iPhone/iPad and I currently have no devices listed. They disappeared on me but I have 2 X1 boxes which my online account confirms. This seems to have happened around the time my service plan was updated although I am not 100% sure about that. I called support and the level 1 person was very pleasant and helpful (US based support) but she was forced to switch me over to X1 technical support. This guy had no clue and as usual with off shore support he first said some gibberish, then lied to me, then promised to try to get a resolution and committed to call me back. Yet another lie since it has been two days and no call back but if you have dealt with off shore support you know that is standard operating procedure. Quick, get the customer off the phone claiming a call back which will never happen.

Level 1 support thought something was out of sync and a person above her (X1 support) needed to perform some type of device resync. How can I get this resolved? Will someone from Comcast please give me a straight answer and whether or not I can expect this problem to be fixed?

Expert

Re: Xfinity TV Remote app - no devices

@RolandMartin wrote:

First off the Xfinity TV Remote app is not listed in the Mobile Apps section of this community forum. Does that mean Comcast is no longer supporting it? If not is there a statement somewhere about this?

I am a heavy user of the TV Remote app on iPhone/iPad and I currently have no devices listed. They disappeared on me but I have 2 X1 boxes which my online account confirms. This seems to have happened around the time my service plan was updated although I am not 100% sure about that. I called support and the level 1 person was very pleasant and helpful (US based support) but she was forced to switch me over to X1 technical support. This guy had no clue and as usual with off shore support he first said some gibberish, then lied to me, then promised to try to get a resolution and committed to call me back. Yet another lie since it has been two days and no call back but if you have dealt with off shore support you know that is standard operating procedure. Quick, get the customer off the phone claiming a call back which will never happen.

Level 1 support thought something was out of sync and a person above her (X1 support) needed to perform some type of device resync. How can I get this resolved? Will someone from Comcast please give me a straight answer and whether or not I can expect this problem to be fixed?

for whatever reason there is not a separate area for all apps. it is fully supported. logout of the app. delete the app. power down the device. restart the device and reinstall and login to the app. working now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I followed your steps exactly and same thing, no devices.

I do not know if this is related but I sign out and it supposedly works but when I go to sign back in after performing all the suggested steps it tells me that I am already signed in. The signon screen has my userid filled in. I then click the "Sign in as someone else" link and complete the signon. If I hit Continue instead of attempting to sign in as someone else it takes me back to the TV remote app as if I am already signed in.

To summarize - still getting "no devices" when dropping the the TV in the left hand corner and Sign Out is not really working.

I still think someone at Comcast has to perform some type of reset or resync on my account. Getting the right person to do this is the tough part.

Thank you for your advice, unfortunately I am still stuck and cannot use the TV Remote app.

Contributor

I have the exact same issue - it started two days ago. It says there are no devices on my account and of course there are...

I'd been using the app for years with no issues at all.

Regular Visitor

I plan on calling support again on this issue and will post results once I do so. I have a question for ylla - did you make any changes to your Comcast plan recently? I am wondering if the two events are tied together.

Thanks.

Contributor

Hi,
The only thing that happened was the secondary cable box (not the DVR) started acting up ( not changing channels) the same day the app started doing this. So I wondered if there was a connection - I had to contact them. They replaced the box today but the app still says there are no devices... Not only that, but now my DVR recordings are not syncing with the new box so there does seem to be some account thing going on- I probably will have to call again. Which I hate doing since it gets worse each time they reset something it seems. I am going to wait a couple of days though to see if it all syncs eventually. Please let me know if they tell you anything else since it does seem we are having very similar issues. Also feel free to mention you are not alone - I am also having this issue.
Official Employee

Hi, RolandMartin. 

I want to take a look at your account to see if there is a corresponding issue. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Im having the same problem. Can you help me too?
Regular Visitor

Comcast employee ComcastMartin has looked into the problem and has recommended I replace my main X1 DVR box. This is on my list of to-do's and I plan on taking care of this sooner than later. Lots of recorded shows to catch up on before losing them during the switch over. So as of right now I am still in limbo until I switch boxes.

Contributor

Both my DVR (New 4K unit now) and my smaller box were replaced a little over a week ago - the app still shows no devices so I am not sure that will fix your issue. It did fix the issue I was having with recordings syncing though - I have given up on the app at this point.