Community Forum

Xfinity TV Remote app - no devices

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV Remote app - no devices

First off the Xfinity TV Remote app is not listed in the Mobile Apps section of this community forum. Does that mean Comcast is no longer supporting it? If not is there a statement somewhere about this?

I am a heavy user of the TV Remote app on iPhone/iPad and I currently have no devices listed. They disappeared on me but I have 2 X1 boxes which my online account confirms. This seems to have happened around the time my service plan was updated although I am not 100% sure about that. I called support and the level 1 person was very pleasant and helpful (US based support) but she was forced to switch me over to X1 technical support. This guy had no clue and as usual with off shore support he first said some gibberish, then lied to me, then promised to try to get a resolution and committed to call me back. Yet another lie since it has been two days and no call back but if you have dealt with off shore support you know that is standard operating procedure. Quick, get the customer off the phone claiming a call back which will never happen.

Level 1 support thought something was out of sync and a person above her (X1 support) needed to perform some type of device resync. How can I get this resolved? Will someone from Comcast please give me a straight answer and whether or not I can expect this problem to be fixed?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity TV Remote app - no devices

@RolandMartin wrote:

First off the Xfinity TV Remote app is not listed in the Mobile Apps section of this community forum. Does that mean Comcast is no longer supporting it? If not is there a statement somewhere about this?

I am a heavy user of the TV Remote app on iPhone/iPad and I currently have no devices listed. They disappeared on me but I have 2 X1 boxes which my online account confirms. This seems to have happened around the time my service plan was updated although I am not 100% sure about that. I called support and the level 1 person was very pleasant and helpful (US based support) but she was forced to switch me over to X1 technical support. This guy had no clue and as usual with off shore support he first said some gibberish, then lied to me, then promised to try to get a resolution and committed to call me back. Yet another lie since it has been two days and no call back but if you have dealt with off shore support you know that is standard operating procedure. Quick, get the customer off the phone claiming a call back which will never happen.

Level 1 support thought something was out of sync and a person above her (X1 support) needed to perform some type of device resync. How can I get this resolved? Will someone from Comcast please give me a straight answer and whether or not I can expect this problem to be fixed?

for whatever reason there is not a separate area for all apps. it is fully supported. logout of the app. delete the app. power down the device. restart the device and reinstall and login to the app. working now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I followed your steps exactly and same thing, no devices.

I do not know if this is related but I sign out and it supposedly works but when I go to sign back in after performing all the suggested steps it tells me that I am already signed in. The signon screen has my userid filled in. I then click the "Sign in as someone else" link and complete the signon. If I hit Continue instead of attempting to sign in as someone else it takes me back to the TV remote app as if I am already signed in.

To summarize - still getting "no devices" when dropping the the TV in the left hand corner and Sign Out is not really working.

I still think someone at Comcast has to perform some type of reset or resync on my account. Getting the right person to do this is the tough part.

Thank you for your advice, unfortunately I am still stuck and cannot use the TV Remote app.

Highlighted
Contributor

I have the exact same issue - it started two days ago. It says there are no devices on my account and of course there are...

I'd been using the app for years with no issues at all.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I plan on calling support again on this issue and will post results once I do so. I have a question for ylla - did you make any changes to your Comcast plan recently? I am wondering if the two events are tied together.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi,
The only thing that happened was the secondary cable box (not the DVR) started acting up ( not changing channels) the same day the app started doing this. So I wondered if there was a connection - I had to contact them. They replaced the box today but the app still says there are no devices... Not only that, but now my DVR recordings are not syncing with the new box so there does seem to be some account thing going on- I probably will have to call again. Which I hate doing since it gets worse each time they reset something it seems. I am going to wait a couple of days though to see if it all syncs eventually. Please let me know if they tell you anything else since it does seem we are having very similar issues. Also feel free to mention you are not alone - I am also having this issue.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, RolandMartin. 

I want to take a look at your account to see if there is a corresponding issue. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Im having the same problem. Can you help me too?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Comcast employee ComcastMartin has looked into the problem and has recommended I replace my main X1 DVR box. This is on my list of to-do's and I plan on taking care of this sooner than later. Lots of recorded shows to catch up on before losing them during the switch over. So as of right now I am still in limbo until I switch boxes.

Highlighted
Contributor

Both my DVR (New 4K unit now) and my smaller box were replaced a little over a week ago - the app still shows no devices so I am not sure that will fix your issue. It did fix the issue I was having with recordings syncing though - I have given up on the app at this point.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem and had the same experience.  Level 1 support was pleasant but transferred me to Level 2 who could not make the app recognize devices. After years of using the app, I have given up.  It is really frustrating 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am not giving up. I replaced my X1 boxes which did not fix the issue. Since then I have exchanged direct messages with ComcastMartin and he created a ticket for me. Level 1 called me yesterday and I had to go through the usual problem determination script. Once that was done I was told the problem would be escalated. Within 15 minutes the same level 1 rep called me back and told me that the problem should be fixed in a future release of the Xfinity Remote app. I could not tell if this was an official acknowledgement of the problem and a promise it will be fixed or if it was a smoke and mirrors brush off. I have since exchanged messages with ComcastMartin again who is going to try to determine the status of the issue.

If anything new develops I will keep this forum updated.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @RolandMartin

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums to share your experience about the Xfinity TV Remote App. We apologize for the inconvenience. I wanted to let you know that I was able to confirm there is an open investigation for this exact issue. Our App team is working hard to resolve this. Once there is a fix, that agent was correct, the fix will be pushed in the next update that is released. We appreciate your patience while we work to get this resolved. Thanks. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@RolandMartin 

Log out of the Remote App, and log back in. I believe we fixed your account, but do that just in case. 

Let me know if it's resolved now. Apologies for the inconvenience. We believe we've enabled a fix that will prevent this from happening again. 

Thanks, 

Arlene 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately I am still not seeing any devices. One extra piece of information which may or may not help - I sign out using Settings/Sign Out but when I click on the "Get Started" button login.xfinity.com tells me that I am already logged in. I then "Sign in as someone else", switch to using my wife's userid/password instead (on the same account) and same thing, no devices. So even when I force the device to sign in as someone else it makes no difference. 

Btw - I uninstalled/reinstalled the app to see if that would help and it did not.

Thanks for the continued suuport - Roland

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for trying but that did not fix my issue. I still have no devices and the app says I need to upgrade to X1 which I already have. I don’t know if this is related but I have also lost on screen caller ID even though this feature is enabled
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello all, this is still reporting as a known issue that our engineers are working to resolve. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may be causing, and absolutely appreciate your continued patience with this. Once this issue has been corrected or update has been provided, we will update this thread with those details. 

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Please keep us posted. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem, also occurred just after an “update”. Apparently no hope of ever finding my three devices here at the house.
Highlighted
Expert

@Scuper_Scrub wrote:
Same problem, also occurred just after an “update”. Apparently no hope of ever finding my three devices here at the house.

sign out of the app (settings and scroll to bottom). after that if android turn power completely off shutdown for 30 seconds or more then restart. for ios sign in. working?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No that does not fix my issue. Still no devices

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

All my devices showed up on my phone and IPad today and the remote app works great. Thanks for fixing this
Highlighted
Contributor

Did your app update?  Because there is no change at all with mine - no devices.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No - the app did not

Highlighted
Official Employee

Great to hear @KennW 

Sorry for the delay! We resolved the issue, completely this time. We also made this issue preventable for the future. 

And users should see this resolve on their devices soon if you have not already @ylla . I would expect that you may see it resolved now. 

Thanks!!

Highlighted
Expert

@ComcastArlene wrote:

Great to hear @KennW 

Sorry for the delay! We resolved the issue, completely this time. We also made this issue preventable for the future. 

And users should see this resolve on their devices soon if you have not already @ylla . I would expect that you may see it resolved now. 

Thanks!!

mine still has guest bath so not fixed here. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Great news, my devices are showing once again and I can change channels!!!!

The only minor issue is I am seeing 4 devices and I only have 2 X1 boxes. I would guess the other 2 are boxes I returned during the problem troubleshooting phase. But this does not matter to me, I can change the channels on both X1 boxes in my home and that is all that matters.

Thank you Comcast Support for working through and solving this issue, much appreciated.

Highlighted
Expert

@RolandMartin wrote:

Great news, my devices are showing once again and I can change channels!!!!

The only minor issue is I am seeing 4 devices and I only have 2 X1 boxes. I would guess the other 2 are boxes I returned during the problem troubleshooting phase. But this does not matter to me, I can change the channels on both X1 boxes in my home and that is all that matters.

Thank you Comcast Support for working through and solving this issue, much appreciated.

we will have to wait for @ComcastArlene to look into our particular problems.

Contributor

Hi,

At the moment it still says there are no devices on my account but I will see if they show up with time.   For now, nothing has changed.

Highlighted
New Poster

Have same issue with no devices showing. Happened after tech was here.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I too have the exact same issue, no devices.  I uninstalled the app, reinstalled and when I went to log in it told me I was already logged in... strange.  Still, no devices.  This app had been working great for two years, stopped just a week ago

Highlighted
New Poster

This just happened to me last night.  No devices are found and the app is useless.  Tried all of the suggested "fixes" and it still won't work.

Highlighted
New Poster

Having the exact same issues and the exact same results with all suggested fixes and calls to Comcast support.  @ComcastArlene can you help?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'd also be open to any viable 3rd party apps that would be a replacement....

Highlighted
New Poster

SOLVED! Comcast did a remote refresh on the cable modem and devices came back on iPhone after signing back into the app. My iPad app was still not seeing any devices so I rebooted my WiFi router and devices came back on the iPad after logging back into the app.   Reinstalling the app and resetting network settings in iOS , etc. was a dead end.

Highlighted
New Poster

Seems to be a connectivity issue between the app and Comcast not an issue with the app itself.

Highlighted
New Poster

Coincidentally, my iphone and ipad both lost their devices on 14 Nov like a couple of the people above. And the remote app had just updated. So this is clearly a Comcast issue related to updates to the app. There seems to be more help on this string than calling Comcast Support...
Highlighted
New Poster

i am having this issue as well, all of a sudden gone! What is the fix for this???

Highlighted
New Poster

Same prolem here. Device disappeared last night and no restarts or reinstalls work.

Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem with me. Started today 11/14. Says I need x1 which I have already

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

As of today - 11/14/19 - I'm experiencing the same issue. No devices shown. I removed the app, shutdown and then restarted my iPad and then reinstalled the app. When I log out of the app and shut the app down and reopen, I'm told that I'm already logged in and that I need to subscribe to X1 service (I'm already a subscriber). I use the remote app daily - looking forward to a solution. Thanks.

Highlighted
New Poster

Still not working. Have tried everything deleting, turn phone off, reinstall, reboot x1 box. Nothing helps. Please fix this !!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I also show no devices on the TV remote app when looking today, 11/15.  The DVR manager will not show My Recordings or Scheduled Recordings - I just get a spinning wheel and the info doesn't load.  When I try the remote button on the TV listings screen it says I need to upgrade to X1, even though I have had X1 for years.

I also see that the Xfinity My Account app correctly shows I have four set-top boxes, but no longer show the names I assigned to each box.   Is Comcast working to fix their apps?

Highlighted
New Poster

I am also having this same issue, starting 11/14 like most of these other people. I’m up in arms, I don’t know what else to do. I use this app daily!
Highlighted
New Poster

I’m in the same boat! Frustrating!

Highlighted
New Poster

is  @ComcastArlene still in this? can you answer this for us??

Highlighted
New Poster

Piling on at this point, I guess. But, I have the same problem.  It started like many others on 11/14. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I also lost this functionality that I use daily.  When I load tha app and click on the gear to load settings it  won't allow me to select a tv.  It gives a Error "An unknown error occured during this request. Please try again. ". 

Highlighted
New Poster

Adding my name here as another user with this problem. This app used to be great. What happened? Comcast, please help!!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It seems that Xfinity has added all that was in the remote app into its Streaming app. And quit supporting the remote app. Everything is now in streaming app you can even set your DVR from anywhere to record. A feature that was taken away a few years ago. For the life of me I don't know why when they make thes changes they never tell their support people. I see people on line for hours, changing boxes, resetting modems, etc. when all they need to do is down load the Xfinity Streaminng app, and if you already have it explore all the new features in it. And deleat the Remote app it is no longer needed.