Community Forum

Xfinity TV Remote app needlessly duplicating favorite channels

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV Remote app needlessly duplicating favorite channels

My question is about the creation of a favorites list with the Xfinity TV Remote app. I like the idea of identifying favorite channels rather that browsing the entire list. but a quirk (bug? feature?) off the app needlessly creates duplicate favorite signal source entires when they have more than one channel. On my own list, for example, I can save 803 - PBS as a favorite, but it automatically adds it again then with a four digit channel number later in the directory. If I delete the four digit listing, it then also deletes the channel where I wanted to save it, at 803. So the process lengthens the favorites list, which is the opposite of the goal of having a shorter list of favorites. Has anyone else observed this, or better yet, found a work around? Thanks!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity TV Remote app needlessly duplicating favorite channels

@macusernow wrote:

My question is about the creation of a favorites list with the Xfinity TV Remote app. I like the idea of identifying favorite channels rather that browsing the entire list. but a quirk (bug? feature?) off the app needlessly creates duplicate favorite signal source entires when they have more than one channel. On my own list, for example, I can save 803 - PBS as a favorite, but it automatically adds it again then with a four digit channel number later in the directory. If I delete the four digit listing, it then also deletes the channel where I wanted to save it, at 803. So the process lengthens the favorites list, which is the opposite of the goal of having a shorter list of favorites. Has anyone else observed this, or better yet, found a work around? Thanks!

digital channel numbers are 'virtual' and Comcast currently has no way to turn off seeing the same channel that exists with a differnet 'extra' number. Comcast created the 4 digit numbers to be able to sort channels into neighborhoods of numbers like news channels, movie channels, etc. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!