Community Forum

Xfinity Streaming app does not work with some media devices

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Streaming app does not work with some media devices

It happens to be to my knowledge that the Xfinity streaming app. Does not work on most well-known name brand media streaming devices. Example: Nividia Sheild, fire stick and many others. I like to know why if one happens to be a customer of Comcast and has full access to utilize the Xfinity streaming app. Is secluded to only to use the streaming app on 3 devices such as Sony TV and some Samsung models tv's and all seven Roku streaming media devices due to a partnership. It is absurd that Comcast puts a restriction on their streaming app when the competition elsewhere does not put such restrictions on utilizing their apps. I've been told by many Comcast employees for the past two years Comcast is working diligently to make their Xfinity streaming app compatible with more name brand devices. <Edited for violating forum guidelines>. Your big competitor "Verizon FiOS" their streaming app happens to work on any streaming devices. No restrictions... <Edited for violating forum guidelines>...