Community Forum

Xfinity Streaming Beta issue

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Streaming Beta issue

This app seemed to work well on my Samsung Smart TV (although a bit cumbersome to navigate).  However, in the last couple of days when I launch the app it gives this error....."We had a problem reaching the configuration server.  Please check your network connection and retry."  I have reset the connection and am able to stream from other apps but continue to get the error for the Xfinitity streaming app.  Any ideas?

Expert

Re: Xfinity Streaming Beta issue

@hunterh wrote:

This app seemed to work well on my Samsung Smart TV (although a bit cumbersome to navigate).  However, in the last couple of days when I launch the app it gives this error....."We had a problem reaching the configuration server.  Please check your network connection and retry."  I have reset the connection and am able to stream from other apps but continue to get the error for the Xfinitity streaming app.  Any ideas?

uninstall the app and reinstall and authorize.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I've done that but have the same outcome

Regular Visitor

It's not even giving me the opportunity to reauthorize after reinstalling.  The error message comes right up.

Expert

@nicksbarra wrote:

It's not even giving me the opportunity to reauthorize after reinstalling.  The error message comes right up.

are you and X1 customer with set top box(es) and internet cable modem/gateway?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Yes.

Expert

@nicksbarra wrote:

Yes.

select the channel on the main roku menu and press the * (star) key not the enter key and then remove the xfinity stream TV channel. unplug the roku from all cords (hdmi and power) for 30 seconds or more then plug back in and reinstall the channel. working?

Regular Visitor

I am using my Samsung TV. It works on the Roku.
Frequent Visitor

I have deleted and reinstalled.  I have deleted, unplugged TV, plugged in TV and reinstalled.  I have restored TV to factory setting.   Still nothing.....I can see why this app has a 2/5 rating.....

Expert

@nicksbarra wrote:
I am using my Samsung TV. It works on the Roku.

same procedure. uninstall the app. unplug the TV from power (not just turn it off) for 30 seconds or longer then plug back in and reinstall.

Frequent Visitor

access denied message....

New Poster

Was this resolved? I am having the exact same problem with Samsung tv.
Regular Visitor

Try this.. worked for me.

- Uninstall App
-Unplug TV for 30 sec
-Reinstall App
-Don’t open app from the App Store or the home screen. Go to the app with your remote but don’t select it. Select a show or movie from the menu above the home apps and it should work.
New Poster

That happened to me 2 days ago tried your idea but still no go. Xfinity don't seem to give two hoots about it.
Regular Visitor

It worked for me and I haven’t closed the app since just in case. I’m pretty sure they have absolutely no clue whats wrong. They use this streaming app as a marketing tool but it’s a POS. And once they get it right it won’t be free anymore.
Frequent Visitor

Nicksbarra's advice has worked for me.

I have to open up the app from selecting a program then backing up to the listings menu.

Official Employee

Hi hunterh,
There was a recent connectivity issue to some of the services required for the app launch and sign in process on our Smart TV platforms.  A fix was deployed this morning which should have cleared it up.  Can you please try again, and send me a direct message if you are still encountering issues?  Sorry for the inconvenience, and happy streaming!

Regards,

Evan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.