Community Forum

Xfinity Streaming Beta App is stuck between 'Purchases' and 'Settings'

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Streaming Beta App is stuck between 'Purchases' and 'Settings'

Hello,

My Xfinity Streaming Beta Apps on the Roku partner devices do not properly display live T.V. viewing options. When I try to use the channel, I get the message "You haven't purchased anything. Unfortunately, you can't buy shows and movies on this app yet. But, if you have an XFINITY TV Box, you can buy there and watch here anytime." It seems to me that I am stuck on a 'Purchases' tab but unable to go back to a 'Home' tab. In fact, on the Roku remote, the star burst button that usually goes to a 'Settings' tab does go to the 'Settings' tab and when pressed, switches and denotes that if pressed again will redirect to the 'Purchases' tab. So all in all, it seems my Xfinity Streaming Beta App is stuck between 'Purchases' and 'Settings'.

The usual troubleshooting methods (turn off, sign out, uninstall, turn off & unplug) have been tried, on my own, and after contacting Comcast about the issue. Comcast has on their end reset my modem and whatever else they have to reset over there. 

I have contacted Comcast about this issue and they have explained to me that I should try to go to Roku to fix the issue.

Both my Rokus have been through troubleshooting and are afflicted by this issue:
3900X - Roku Express (9.0.0 | Build 4072-51)
4630X - Roku Premiere+ (8.10. | Build 4159-29) 

Both devices are connected to my home network provided by Comcast.

I can currently access the Live TV streams through my cellphone Xfinity app, desktop browser, and Comcast provided cable box.
I have the X1 TV package.

I have created another thread in the Roku forums and will link these two together so that others that have this problem may find the solution once this issue is resolved.

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=137803&p=623388#p623388

Expert

Re: Xfinity Streaming Beta App is stuck between 'Purchases' and 'Settings'

@Zamaje wrote:

Hello,

My Xfinity Streaming Beta Apps on the Roku partner devices do not properly display live T.V. viewing options. When I try to use the channel, I get the message "You haven't purchased anything. Unfortunately, you can't buy shows and movies on this app yet. But, if you have an XFINITY TV Box, you can buy there and watch here anytime." It seems to me that I am stuck on a 'Purchases' tab but unable to go back to a 'Home' tab. In fact, on the Roku remote, the star burst button that usually goes to a 'Settings' tab does go to the 'Settings' tab and when pressed, switches and denotes that if pressed again will redirect to the 'Purchases' tab. So all in all, it seems my Xfinity Streaming Beta App is stuck between 'Purchases' and 'Settings'.

The usual troubleshooting methods (turn off, sign out, uninstall, turn off & unplug) have been tried, on my own, and after contacting Comcast about the issue. Comcast has on their end reset my modem and whatever else they have to reset over there. 

I have contacted Comcast about this issue and they have explained to me that I should try to go to Roku to fix the issue.

Both my Rokus have been through troubleshooting and are afflicted by this issue:
3900X - Roku Express (9.0.0 | Build 4072-51)
4630X - Roku Premiere+ (8.10. | Build 4159-29) 

Both devices are connected to my home network provided by Comcast.

I can currently access the Live TV streams through my cellphone Xfinity app, desktop browser, and Comcast provided cable box.
I have the X1 TV package.

I have created another thread in the Roku forums and will link these two together so that others that have this problem may find the solution once this issue is resolved.

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=137803&p=623388#p623388

are you connected to your home network via a VPN or proxy, etc? or is the device actually in your home. Can you run the Xfinity myAccount app, select the internet tab and then select your modem/gateway. compare the 'serial number' to the HFC MAC address on your modem/gateway. are they identical character by character?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

also, moved posts to the stream TV app area of the forum.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am having the same problem. I tried going on the Xfinity My Account app to check that the serial numbers match, and the only modem showing in the app is an inactive one, though it shows internet, tv, and home as connected, which they are through a different modem (which doesn't appear in the app).
Expert

@Jesse206 wrote:
I am having the same problem. I tried going on the Xfinity My Account app to check that the serial numbers match, and the only modem showing in the app is an inactive one, though it shows internet, tv, and home as connected, which they are through a different modem (which doesn't appear in the app).

have the new HFC MAC address available and call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to update your modem. 

New Poster

Hello!

I am saddened to report that I was unable to fix the issue. The issue has since been resolved through time, which means to me that either Roku or Xfinity had to push a patch out.

To reply to the poster regarding having my modem reset, yes I did do that. It didn't help.

New Poster

I just bought a Roku Ultra and tried to set up Xfinity Stream Beta on it last night. It went to a screen that showed a movie purchased in 2013 (which I never did buy and hadn't even heard of the movie before). It wouldn't let me navigate out of that screen.  It also never went to a screen to capture my login information. In talking with a level two Xfinity rep, I learned that there is a bug in the program and that Xfinity is trying to fix it.

Expert

@Cas_Co wrote:

I just bought a Roku Ultra and tried to set up Xfinity Stream Beta on it last night. It went to a screen that showed a movie purchased in 2013 (which I never did buy and hadn't even heard of the movie before). It wouldn't let me navigate out of that screen.  It also never went to a screen to capture my login information. In talking with a level two Xfinity rep, I learned that there is a bug in the program and that Xfinity is trying to fix it.

does an android/apple device show your full sub? same login/password? is your roku on your home network wifi SSID?