Community Forum

Xfinity Stream says not on home network

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Stream says not on home network

Trying to stream to my devices. Says I need to be on my home network which I definitely am. Had the modem replaced yesterday to an XB6. It worked yesterday but not today. Checked serial/Mac and that matches the new modem on the account.  I use the xfinity modem in bridge mode, as I always have in the past.  Killed app on all devices. Restarted devices. Nothing. On iPad and iPhone on latest OS with latest updates installed. Any ideas would be great

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream says not on home network

@Gregav877 wrote:

Trying to stream to my devices. Says I need to be on my home network which I definitely am. Had the modem replaced yesterday to an XB6. It worked yesterday but not today. Checked serial/Mac and that matches the new modem on the account.  I use the xfinity modem in bridge mode, as I always have in the past.  Killed app on all devices. Restarted devices. Nothing. On iPad and iPhone on latest OS with latest updates installed. Any ideas would be great

the change can take up to 24 hours to process in all the back end databases.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Okay. The second I turn off bridge mode all of my devices work again. Turn bridge mode on... and they all stop working... I remember having to activate bridge mode thru a direct connection to the modem one time to make that work... thoughts?
Expert

@Gregav877 wrote:
Okay. The second I turn off bridge mode all of my devices work again. Turn bridge mode on... and they all stop working... I remember having to activate bridge mode thru a direct connection to the modem one time to make that work... thoughts?

did you turn on ip6 (native) on your own router?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, Gregav877! Thanks for reaching out to us for support. It has been some time since we've heard from you here and I wanted to check to see if you were able to figure out how to re-enable bridge mode so your devices still recognized they were still within your home network, or if you need additional assistance?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Gregav877, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get this streaming issue figured out, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.