Community Forum

Xfinity Stream on Sony Bravia

New Poster

Xfinity Stream on Sony Bravia

I am interested if there is a timeline for the Xfinity Streaming app to be available on a Sony Bravia android TV? I've lived in my current home for a year now and there is no cable drop in the den where the TV is, or an easy way to run one under the house or in the attic, so I can't use my cable box. (My ceiling doesn't have enough space to get to that side of the room and the den is on a slab.) There are many services that are available and use those instead most of the time like Netflix, Amazon Prime, but I would like to watch HBO. The HBO GO app won't let me stream it either, it says "not available on your device," so most of the time I can never watch it.
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream on Sony Bravia

@delson32 wrote:
I am interested if there is a timeline for the Xfinity Streaming app to be available on a Sony Bravia android TV? I've lived in my current home for a year now and there is no cable drop in the den where the TV is, or an easy way to run one under the house or in the attic, so I can't use my cable box. (My ceiling doesn't have enough space to get to that side of the room and the den is on a slab.) There are many services that are available and use those instead most of the time like Netflix, Amazon Prime, but I would like to watch HBO. The HBO GO app won't let me stream it either, it says "not available on your device," so most of the time I can never watch it.

no news at all. use a current roku (not the cube) and you can get free use of the xfinity stream beta channel.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!