Community Forum

Xfinity Stream on Firestick - activate error

New Poster

Xfinity Stream on Firestick - activate error

I have installed the Xfinity Stream app on my new Amazon Firestick 4K per several posts and videos.  It seems to install correctly, but when I go to use it, I get an error “Unknown Protocol”.  At the bottom of the screen was a reference to “xtvauth://activate/?responseCode=200&activationCode=...{long key}...paternId=comcast>

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the Firestick - no impact.

I tried rebooting the Firestick several times - no impact.

Appreciate any feedback on what the issue might be and how to correct. 

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream on Firestick - activate error

@TBuzzell wrote:

I have installed the Xfinity Stream app on my new Amazon Firestick 4K per several posts and videos.  It seems to install correctly, but when I go to use it, I get an error “Unknown Protocol”.  At the bottom of the screen was a reference to “xtvauth://activate/?responseCode=200&activationCode=...{long key}...paternId=comcast>

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the Firestick - no impact.

I tried rebooting the Firestick several times - no impact.

Appreciate any feedback on what the issue might be and how to correct. 

no official announcement of capability for the firestick nor cube in the forum to date.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi TBuzzell. Thanks for visiting and posting on our Forum. For a list of devices compatible with our Xfinity Stream service, please see: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements

As Rustyben stated, currently the Amazon Firestick is not listed. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Will fire stick ever be able to use xfitity streaming?

Expert

@Sbazzani wrote:

Will fire stick ever be able to use xfitity streaming?

no plans have ever been discussed so for the time being, no.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you for quick reply. Glad I only paid 15.00 for the stick. There are other things I can watch on the stick. 🙂

Regular Visitor

I was chatting with a comcast rep about an unrelated issue and was offered and upgrade with xfinity stream. I specifically asked whether or not this would work with Firestick and was told that it would with no issues. Now I find that it is not supported. I can get network stations if I download all their apps and pay for them after the introductory period if they have one. Not a good option. Don't believe everything you're told by the company reps.

Expert

@j33t wrote:

I was chatting with a comcast rep about an unrelated issue and was offered and upgrade with xfinity stream. I specifically asked whether or not this would work with Firestick and was told that it would with no issues. Now I find that it is not supported. I can get network stations if I download all their apps and pay for them after the introductory period if they have one. Not a good option. Don't believe everything you're told by the company reps.

at the present time Roku (most newer models) as well as some Samsung TVs will lay the Stream TV Beta service.