Community Forum

Xfinity Stream app won't download saved recordings

New Poster

Xfinity Stream app won't download saved recordings

I've had this problem for a while, and I was hoping that when the app updated and became Xfinity Stream it would work, but it doesn't.

When I try to download a recording to the app, it goes along just fine until it gets to 82-87%, and then it resets to zero.  it gives no error messages, but just resets.

I'm using the latest version of the ios app on my iPhone 7 plus.  I'm running ios 10.3.  I have 118 GB available on my phone, so space is not an issue.  I have cloud recording activated, and I can stream my recordings just fine.

I've tried this with an hour long show as well as a half hour show, and neither will work.  I've tried it with premium channels as well as free channels and neither will work.

I've tried connecting to my regular router as well as directly to the modem but neither will work.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream app won't download saved recordings

wcdaniels wrote:

I've had this problem for a while, and I was hoping that when the app updated and became Xfinity Stream it would work, but it doesn't.

When I try to download a recording to the app, it goes along just fine until it gets to 82-87%, and then it resets to zero.  it gives no error messages, but just resets.

I'm using the latest version of the ios app on my iPhone 7 plus.  I'm running ios 10.3.  I have 118 GB available on my phone, so space is not an issue.  I have cloud recording activated, and I can stream my recordings just fine.

I've tried this with an hour long show as well as a half hour show, and neither will work.  I've tried it with premium channels as well as free channels and neither will work.

I've tried connecting to my regular router as well as directly to the modem but neither will work.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

what city/state are you located? did you try another recording or is it any recording?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have the same issues and agree it is with the new streaming app.  I have an iPad.  It has worked on some programs but most programs that I record it won't download.  When I don't have access to a good wireless I want to download and watch my recorded programs.  What happens to me is it starts to download...then is almost finished and it will start downloading all over.  It does this over and over and just won't download my recorded program.  Frustrating!!!  Why have this option if it doesn't work?  Come on Xfinity...put out an app that works better than this!!!  I am paying you a whole lot of money each month and should be able to download my programs on my device using Xfinity internet to watch later!!!!!

Expert

SD0608 wrote:

I have the same issues and agree it is with the new streaming app.  I have an iPad.  It has worked on some programs but most programs that I record it won't download.  When I don't have access to a good wireless I want to download and watch my recorded programs.  What happens to me is it starts to download...then is almost finished and it will start downloading all over.  It does this over and over and just won't download my recorded program.  Frustrating!!!  Why have this option if it doesn't work?  Come on Xfinity...put out an app that works better than this!!!  I am paying you a whole lot of money each month and should be able to download my programs on my device using Xfinity internet to watch later!!!!!

what version of iOS is installed and what version of the stream app is installed?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

My version is 4.2.1.812 and iOS 9.3.5

i get "cannot create download message" and I signed out and have signed back in still cannot download.

Expert

Riko1313 wrote:

My version is 4.2.1.812 and iOS 9.3.5

i get "cannot create download message" and I signed out and have signed back in still cannot download.

IS Ios 10 Not available to you to upgrade? Your device could be out of memory space to download?

New Poster

I see a similar issue. Smaller recorded shows, about an hour, download ok. Larger files, say 2 or 3 hours and up, download to 80% - 90% and then starts the download over. I'm putting these on an iPad and have over 100GB free. I don't think it's a space issue. I have the latest IOS version 10.3.3 and my iPad Pro is pretty new. 

I wonder if there's a timeout built into the Stream Tv app??

I'm doing this on a wifi. According to the Speed Test app I have 117 Mbps download and 111 Mbps up. 

I am not sure how large the bigger (longer) recordings are however. I checked my storage before and after a one hour show download. For Stream Tv it went up about 1GB. Did the check twice and 1GB is in the ballpark. It took about 3 minutes and 10 seconds to download.