Community Forum

Xfinity Stream app stopped working on ROKU

New Poster

Xfinity Stream app stopped working on ROKU

I recently purchased a TV with ROKU built in. i installed the Xfinity stream beta app and was able to stream pretty much perfectly. that was until yesterday when i tried. now the app starts up and then crashes back to ROKU menu main menu. I have uninstalled the app and re installed. I have unplugged the power cord for the TV, still nothing is working. I noticed that it says build date was 12/11 so assuming there was a patch released that has caused this issue. 

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream app stopped working on ROKU

@twilly503 wrote:

I recently purchased a TV with ROKU built in. i installed the Xfinity stream beta app and was able to stream pretty much perfectly. that was until yesterday when i tried. now the app starts up and then crashes back to ROKU menu main menu. I have uninstalled the app and re installed. I have unplugged the power cord for the TV, still nothing is working. I noticed that it says build date was 12/11 so assuming there was a patch released that has caused this issue. 

what is the model number of the roku tV and what version of Roku firmware is currently installed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have a Roku Express 3900x, running Roku software version 9.0.0 - build 4083-S1, and I am having the same issue that just started. Please Help!
Expert

@Ologist wrote:
I have a Roku Express 3900x, running Roku software version 9.0.0 - build 4083-S1, and I am having the same issue that just started. Please Help!

the 3900x does not show to be a valid model number for the beta (3900 is on the list but not 3900x). normally the beta app does not show up on non-listed model store screens. is it still factory locked or is it jail-broken? https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/XFINITY-Stream-on-Roku/td-p/2834869

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

My Roku 3900x is not jail-broken. The Xfinity Stream app has always worked on it.
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Regular Visitor

I uninstalled and re-installed (again) the Xfininty Stream app on my Roku device and now it is working as it should.
Official Employee

Hello, twilly503 and Ologist. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

I'm glad you reached out to us with your concerns. 

Thanks for updating us on the status of your issue, Ologist! I'm glad to hear it is working properly again now. 

twilly503, Are you receiving any error messages when the app closes? You may want to re-download the app again just for good measure. 

I look forward to your next update!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

As there have been no new replies in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. If anyone here is still in need of assistance, please feel free to start a new thread. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.