Community Forum

Xfinity Stream app only shows half of a recorded show

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream app only shows half of a recorded show

@E911 wrote:
Right. I understand that they are two independent storage locations and the problem appears to be on the cloud end, not locally on the DVR. I am able to record, at the moment, non-scheduled programs and play them back. The problems are totally intermittent, with no obvious pattern as to time, channel, length of program, etc.

i was asking you to do a diagnostic test during non-peak prime time hours to see if the cloud DVR records normally.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I was able to record a couple non-scheduled and non-peak programs and playback on the PC the full length. The problem is very intermittent when it does occur, roughly 1 out of 6 recordings doing it. Nearly all recordings are done during prime-time, so I'm wondering if perhaps their servers are unable to keep up with the demand.
Official Employee

Hello E911, thanks for reaching out regarding this Stream concern! To confirm, is this happening on all of your recordings and both through the app and online? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This is an intermittent problem when recording programs and trying to play them back via PC or app. For example a 60 min program on the DVR might only show 6 min available on the PC or app. The DVD will correctly show as available and play the full program. The DVR has already been replaced.
Official Employee

I would like to take a further look into this on my end! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

My basketball game was only recorded for about half the game.

This is happened several times and we are very frustrated when it happens especially when you have company over to watch a game and it goes the half time and that’s it.  I tried calling to get help but your nonsensical computer would only allow a few choices which did not include this type of problem .

Official Employee

Hello All, I either never received a private message from you, or I never heard back from you in our private message, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a private message if you still need assistance with these Stream app issues or concerns. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.