Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Video freeze and breakups

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Stream Video freeze and breakups

This has happened to me before about a year ago. When using the Stream app on any of our seven IOS devices the video on the broadcast network feeds ABC,NBC and CBS staggers, freezes or flashes to black and falls out of sync. Every time I call Comcast they act like this has never been reported before. Yet again they have opened a ticket to check out the problem. Last time this happened it took 10 days to correct and no one from Comcast ever followed up.

The AMAZING thing is that I posted this issue on social media and Comcast customers in my state as well as other states have told me they are experiencing the exact same issues.

Anyone else????

Please call and create a ticket #.

Also demand a refund on your next bill.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Video freeze and breakups

Same thing is happening to me on three different iOS devices. It’s not my internet speed (230 Mbps on Speedtest ). It’s the Stream app. 

Frequent Visitor

I suggest you call Comcast and complain. Others already have but nothing is being done about it.

They did offer to give me an adjustment on my next bill but the problem still exists.

Frequent Visitor

Yup exact same issues. Has been going on for weeks.

Frequent Visitor

This problem still exists.  The ticket has been open for 10 days and after speaking to a Tier 2 tech they acknowledge there is a problem but but Tier 3 will not address it until there are more tickets created.  I know there have been at leasst 8 tickets created but that apparently is not enough to have them fix it.

Please make sure you call and create a ticket so this might be resolved.  Insist you get a reduction in your next bill as well for the outage!

I've posted some pictures off my iPad screen below to show what happens when the stream freezes.

Channel logo comes up. Sometimes for as long as 5 seconds.  Tried posting video but this site will not allow it.

IMG_1211.jpg
IMG_1213.jpg
IMG_1217.jpg
IMG_1218.jpg
IMG_1215.jpg