Community Forum

Xfinity Stream TV app on Samsung and LG Smart TVs

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream TV app on Samsung Smart TVs

This question is a bit "specific" so have not found an answer.  We have the Xfinity Stream Beta on our Samsung TV, but one thing we can't find is The Travel Channel.  On the PC it is listed as being on TV Go, but that does not appear on the Xfinity Beta on our TV.  Are we missing something or is that one thing that is just not available yet?

Expert

@redsnaps1 wrote:

This question is a bit "specific" so have not found an answer.  We have the Xfinity Stream Beta on our Samsung TV, but one thing we can't find is The Travel Channel.  On the PC it is listed as being on TV Go, but that does not appear on the Xfinity Beta on our TV.  Are we missing something or is that one thing that is just not available yet?

at least while the stream beta is in beta, the tvgo and pay per view are not available.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Is there a more current listing of compatible Samsung tvs somewhere?  Perhaps an official maintained listing?  This is a static post on a forum and it only goes to 2018 models when we're almost at the end of 2019.....

Diamond Problem Solver

The main post of this thread has been updated for 2019 and includes links to get the most up to date list. You can also find that list of compatible devices here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream TV app on Samsung and LG Smart TVs

These directions are currently not working for LG Smart TVs.

I have a supported LG TV model (24LJ4840 from 2017) and when I went to the LG Content Store, there is no group marked "Apps and Games".    The current categories are: 

• Hot
  • New
  • Entertainment
  • News & Info
  • Life
  • Game
  • Education
  • Premium

I checked each of these categories carefully and Xfinity Stream Beta app is not listed in any of them.  I also checked to be sure my level of software on my LG tv was up to date.  (It already was)

The LG Content Store does not offer any method to search for an app either.

Can you work with the LG folks and get your app to show in one of these categories and update your directions on here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

Thanks!

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream TV app on LG Smart TVs

The directions are no longer correct for LG TVs.

The directions say to go to the content store and click on "Apps & Games".   There is no such category.   I searched all the categories there and there was no Xfinity Streaming Beta app in any of them.    Either it has been taken down, or is tagged to a category that no longer exists and is thus not showing up in the menu.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream TV app on LG Smart TVs

@bbeffer wrote:

The directions are no longer correct for LG TVs.

The directions say to go to the content store and click on "Apps & Games".   There is no such category.   I searched all the categories there and there was no Xfinity Streaming Beta app in any of them.    Either it has been taken down, or is tagged to a category that no longer exists and is thus not showing up in the menu.

if the xfinity stream beta app is not shown in the TV brand's app store then it is not available for that model number. A roku is available to use in the meantime and it 'just' always works.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream TV app on LG Smart TV

I have one of the approved LG smart TV models but the Xfinity Stream App plays just for a few seconds before buffering to the extent it effects sound and picture is so jumpy you cannot watch.  Netflix streams fine so it is not the TV or internet.  I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled- what else can I try?

Expert

@Dmrjaxx wrote:

I have one of the approved LG smart TV models but the Xfinity Stream App plays just for a few seconds before buffering to the extent it effects sound and picture is so jumpy you cannot watch.  Netflix streams fine so it is not the TV or internet.  I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled- what else can I try?

do other apps work on the same TV? (to test signal received). have you tried a smart phone/tablet at the same location for testing?

New Poster

Everything else works fine including Netflix.