Community Forum

Xfinity Stream TV Download Problems

New Poster

Xfinity Stream TV Download Problems

I’m having issues with downloading recorded show onto my iPhone via the xfinity stream app. For some shows, stream will only download partial programming even though the entire episode recorded (ie 49 mins out of 60). I’ve used stream for a while now and this issues recently started. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that did nothing. Please help.
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream TV Download Problems

@RukusGear wrote:
I’m having issues with downloading recorded show onto my iPhone via the xfinity stream app. For some shows, stream will only download partial programming even though the entire episode recorded (ie 49 mins out of 60). I’ve used stream for a while now and this issues recently started. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that did nothing. Please help.

while the engineers are working on it, based on posts the issue moves around to different customers. the symptom is caused by a cloud DVR server having issues and not recording the whole show. any device or website playing the cloud DVR recording will have the issue (it isn't the app nor streamsite). canned answer next...there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream TV Download Problems

I'm having problems downloading shows from Xfinity stream.  The show starts to download and gets about to 95% percent then restarts again.  By the second time it starts to download, it comes up interrupted.  That's the only error message received.  I called customer service yesterday and I was advised that you could only download to android phones not iphones.  I told them I find that hard to believe since I've been downloading the TV shows to my iphone for months.  I was advised they need to turn it over to the engineers to fix.  Still having problems and no response.  Plus the shows I recorded aren't on the stream app.  That issue happened before and it keeps coming back.