Community Forum

Xfinity Stream TV App

Most Valued Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream TV & missing DVR cloud recorded shows

Is this app having problems today? Last night my whole Xfinity system (TV, Internet,Phone) went down for a couple of hours. I assume it was a wind storm in the area. This morning the TV's and phones and Internet are all working fine. But when I try to watch TV on my tablet or cell phone I get an error message. I am able to get online and view other apps with no problem but the Xfinity Stream TV won't work. It says playback can't be done now when I am not trying to watch a playback but live TV. And yes all the devices are listed in my approved filtering list and can get to other areas via wifi. So is the app the problem or something in my system? recommendations?

Problem Solver

Hello

We just had an outage that lasted about 20-30 minutes, but everything should be back to normal now. If you're still having trouble, please start a new thread for your specific issue. Thanks!

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

Yes working now. Thanks

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Xfinity Stream TV App

Regular Contributor

Why doesn’t "all channels" get me all channels?  I just get the same listing as my favorites.

Most Valued Poster

I've been having a strange problem as well. Although 366 FLIX is marked as a favorite it doesn't show up on my favorites list and when in my favorites I can';t get to any channel over 1000

Official Employee

Hi lawnguru,

After selecting all channels, can you click the settings bar in the top right corner and let me know if you have any filter selected? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert
Moved:

Re: Xfinity Stream TV

Expert
Moved:

Re: The Xfinity Stream TV App is HORRIBLE

Expert
Moved:

Re: Xfinity Stream TV And missing recorded shows

Frequent Visitor

Re: We need an Xfinity Stream App for a user base of more than 200 million active users - Windows 10

I want you guys to build a app for windows I am getting tried of watching my shows on my phone I have a nice Samsung windows 10 tablet I want to use while i'm on the train let move forward with what I paid you should be able to hire someone to get the job done
BIGHOOK529
Expert

Re: We need an Xfinity Stream App for a user base of more than 200 million active users - Windows 10

@bighook529 wrote:
I want you guys to build a app for windows I am getting tried of watching my shows on my phone I have a nice Samsung windows 10 tablet I want to use while i'm on the train let move forward with what I paid you should be able to hire someone to get the job done

are you not able to use (for example) the Chrome browser and the streaming TV website?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

No on the train wifi is very spotty and my tablet is Windows 10 so for me to watch something I needed to download it So I ask help me 

BIGHOOK529
New Poster

December 2018: xfinity Stream App is still in Pre-Release Beta, many technicians admit that even they can’t get the app to work reliably. The list of known bugs is extremely long. Xfinity advertises that you just share your username and password with a friend and they can watch your recorded videos...If you ever do this you first discover that at best you only see about half of the recordings you have made. After 5 or more calls for support and two visits from techs onsite they will admit that they have an undetermined limit and that when you then view recordings on the App and realize that you must delete programs so that you will theoretically be able to share with anyone, however when you delete over 75 percent of your recordings you discover that you can only view programs that were previously available for app playback that you didn’t delete. No new content will show up as available except recordings made after you deleted your recordings. This is because even if you and the person you shared your username and password with have both logged out, a known bug in the app will show you as logged on to the session that was created when two users were first logged on simultaneously. Even with both mobile devices are logged out the xfinity servers will forever show that you have never logged out of that session, and therefore can never begin a new session so that you will never be able to access any recordings except brand new recordings and those that were shown from your first session. This bug is well known to all experienced xfinity techs who actually know how to use the app. Only one out of 1,000 telephone support techs even know that the app even exists. No known bugs are ever reported, resulting in hours and hours of the Blind-Leading-the-Blind when users call for support. I have just described one of dozens of known bugs. This app should never have been released with so many fatal flaws!!! Krussell@communityharbor.com (I don’t ever use my xfinity username e-mail)
Expert

@Kcruzz wrote:
December 2018: xfinity Stream App is still in Pre-Release Beta, many technicians admit that even they can’t get the app to work reliably. The list of known bugs is extremely long. Xfinity advertises that you just share your username and password with a friend and they can watch your recorded videos...If you ever do this you first discover that at best you only see about half of the recordings you have made. After 5 or more calls for support and two visits from techs onsite they will admit that they have an undetermined limit and that when you then view recordings on the App and realize that you must delete programs so that you will theoretically be able to share with anyone, however when you delete over 75 percent of your recordings you discover that you can only view programs that were previously available for app playback that you didn’t delete. No new content will show up as available except recordings made after you deleted your recordings. This is because even if you and the person you shared your username and password with have both logged out, a known bug in the app will show you as logged on to the session that was created when two users were first logged on simultaneously. Even with both mobile devices are logged out the xfinity servers will forever show that you have never logged out of that session, and therefore can never begin a new session so that you will never be able to access any recordings except brand new recordings and those that were shown from your first session. This bug is well known to all experienced xfinity techs who actually know how to use the app. Only one out of 1,000 telephone support techs even know that the app even exists. No known bugs are ever reported, resulting in hours and hours of the Blind-Leading-the-Blind when users call for support. I have just described one of dozens of known bugs. This app should never have been released with so many fatal flaws!!! Krussell@communityharbor.com (I don’t ever use my xfinity username e-mail)

Thank you for sharing, but almost your entire post is incorrect. For sharing with friends (on your own TV) you can use the Comcast Lab's X1 photo app (photos, videos, and more). you can share on the TV so all can see while in your home. It is against terms of service to share your username and password to other than household members and you are responsible for any such sharing issues. The cloud DVR (a free feature available to DVR service customers) gives you the last 60 hours recorded. The home DVR continues to record using space and the number of recordings is dependent upon mix of local channels in mpeg2 and cable programming in mpeg4. manual deletion of recordings removes the recording on all devices (home and Cloud DVRs).  There are a maximum of 5 streaming devices active at any one time for us customers with home DVR service (2 streaming for instant TV customers).  logging out has nothing to do with properly closing web browser sessions. closing a web page using the X in upper right corner of the browser keeps that session active at Comcast. you must end a session properly (by stopping the video and exiting out of the stream session) so that Comcast can remove that device from the currently streaming list.  Bugs have been fixed as they are reported, unlike what you claim, and the stream app used on Roku devices and Samsung TVs are beta (currently free to use) versions and if the use of beta products is perhaps not for those who don't understand the issues you might find with a product under development. My Roku works perfectly, many thousands use Roku with decent wifi signal with great success. 

If you are having a particular problem, stating it clearly and including error messages and error numbers is greatly appreciated.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.