Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Stream Beta

I have a Roku Streaming Stick +. I downloaded the Xfinity Stream app and went through the activation process. After I get the “success” screen, it takes me back to Roku where I get the following message “You haven’t purchased anything”. I have tried everything, including deleting and reloading the app. I spent two hours on the phone with Comcast, with no resolution. Help!
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta

@golfnut823 wrote:
I have a Roku Streaming Stick +. I downloaded the Xfinity Stream app and went through the activation process. After I get the “success” screen, it takes me back to Roku where I get the following message “You haven’t purchased anything”. I have tried everything, including deleting and reloading the app. I spent two hours on the phone with Comcast, with no resolution. Help!

hi, have you used that username/password to log in to the streaming website or a smart iOS or android device that did show your subscription? is the Roku located in your home and is it connected to your home wifi (not the xfinitywifi SSID)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes, same user is/password. I can access the Xfinity stream app on my iPhone, but not through Roku on my tv. I am connected to my WiFi network.
New Poster

Same thing here bro... it stinks...

Expert

@golfnut823 wrote:
Yes, same user is/password. I can access the Xfinity stream app on my iPhone, but not through Roku on my tv. I am connected to my WiFi network.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi golfnut823 and mackta, 

I can investigate the issues you're having with Roku and the Stream app. Can you please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message?

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I sent you a PM
Official Employee

Thanks, I've replied. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi, I’m having the same issue and have spent hours on the phone w/ tech support. Did you ever get resolution?
Frequent Visitor

Yes. A guy from their engineering dept called me and he had it working in 30 minutes.
New Poster

Hi... I am having the same issues. Can someone contact me as well?
New Poster

Piling on here. Same issue. New customer and purchased new Roku. Installed app and authorized through my account. Can only see purchases (none yet) and toggle to settings. No Live TV option. 

Official Employee

Hi @Bohous

I can take a look at your account to see why you are receiving this error. Could you please verify your first and last name in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

New Poster

@ComcastChe wrote:

Hi @Bohous

I can take a look at your account to see why you are receiving this error. Could you please verify your first and last name in a private message? 

PM sent. Thank you.

Official Employee

@Bohous

If you are trying to send a message, click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

New Poster

Problem solved. Thanks Che!

Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue. You need to have the ticket escalated to the engineering department. The guy had mine working in 30 minutes.