Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta on Samsung showing weird video artifact and stuttering

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Stream Beta on Samsung showing weird video artifact and stuttering

I've been loving using the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku and Samsung connected devices, in addition to my X1 Box. I'm having an odd issue with my the app on my Samsung TV, and was wondering if anyone else has come across this or can shed some light.

In some occasions, I cannot 'tune' to an HD channel on the Stream Beta on my Samsung TV successfully -- when I try to, the audio stream of the channel is fine, but the video stream gets all choppy and artifact-filled. It almost looks like the stream is stuttering back and forth across the buffer, and most interestingly, I can see frames from the previous app I was using (usually YouTube) interlaced with the channel I am looking at. If I switch to the non-HD version of the same channel, it renders properly and I am able to view the channel in SD.

Here's a specific example:

• Open Stream Beta app on Samsung Smart TV
  • Tune to channel 105 (KINGD), observe video artifacting and stuttering
  • Tune to channel 5 (KING, SD), and stream plays fine as expected
  • Tune to channel 104 (KOMOD, different HD channel), and stream plays fine as expected

Any insights? If it is at all useful, this seems to happen most repeatedly during Premier League games broadcast on NBC/NBCSN/CNBC on the weekends. (at least that is when I most notice it)

Thanks!

-nsx

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta on Samsung showing weird video artifact and stuttering

Hello, nsx206. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with the HD channels on your Samsung TV. I would like to look further into this and see what's going on. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta on Samsung showing weird video artifact and stuttering

Hello, nsx206. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!