Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta Roku channel cannot support high speed data customers without video subscription

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Stream Beta Roku channel cannot support high speed data customers without video subscription

Xfinity Stream works fine for me on my laptop and on my iOS devices, but I cannot get the Xfinity Stream Beta channel to work on my Roku TVIMG_3262.jpg

Administrator

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta Roku channel cannot support high speed data customers without video subscrip

@discohead,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We apologize that you have been experiencing issues using the Xfinity Stream Beta app with your Roku deviceWithout knowing the details of the Roku device you are using or your account I can tell you that the Xfinity Stream Beta App is available on the following Roku devices:

• Roku TVs: All Roku TVs are supported
  • Roku Streaming Media Players: Roku Ultra; Roku Express and Express+; Roku Premiere and Premiere+ Roku 3 and4Roku 2 (4210 only)
  • Roku Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick+: Model 3500 or later

Note: Devices must be on minimum firmware version 8.1 b1 or higher. The Xfinity Stream Beta channel will only appear in the Roku channel store for eligible devices.

Xfinity customers are eligible to use the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku devices if they meet the following requirements:

• Customers must subscribe to Xfinity TV and Xfinity Internet.
  • All Internet speed tiers are eligible.
  • Customers must use a Wireless Gateway rented from Xfinity or a retail modem that is certified to work on the Comcast network. Please visit mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com for more information on compatible equipment.

If your Roku device and Xfinity account meets the eligibility requirements you can learn more about activating the Xfinity Stream Beta App on your Roku device by following the directions outlined here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-Xfinity-Stream-on-Roku-and-how-does-it-work/ta-p/2...

Based on the image you posted, it does not look like you currently subscribe to Xfinity TV service. We are happy to help you make changes to your account to ensure you are eligible to use the Xfinity Stream Beta app on your Roku device. If you have additional questions or need anything else please don't hesitate to let us know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!