Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta Issues with 2018 Samsung TV's

New Poster

Xfinity Stream Beta Issues with 2018 Samsung TV's

I purchased 3 Samsung Smart TV's as supported by Xfinity Stream partnership with Samsung.  I want to disconnect from the X1 box that I have and go cable free.  I downloaded the Xfintity Stream Beta app successfully on all 3 TV's.  Two of the TV's that are 42" have had no issues streaming from the ap.  The 3rd TV a 65" has issues popping off the ap every 15 mintues and I have to turn TV off or go out of ap and return.  Streaming from netfilix or amazon video do not have any issues on this TV, it is only when using the Xfinity Stream Beta Ap, the error TVAPP: 00200, continues to come up. Advance tech service has not been much help and I am hesitant to reconnect the X1 cable box as the goal is to be wire free.  The Beta is offered as a trial since I am a X1 subsribere, but the instability of the ap on this larger TV is not acceptable.  Anyone have an answer as to why ap will not work well on the larger screen? I have 250 MBPS speed and the errors occur whether I am streaming just this one TV or if I am streaming multiple devices, and again netfilx and other aps on this TV have no issues.  Help, want to get rid of the cable Line!

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta Issues with 2018 Samsung TV's

@CK65 wrote:

I purchased 3 Samsung Smart TV's as supported by Xfinity Stream partnership with Samsung.  I want to disconnect from the X1 box that I have and go cable free.  I downloaded the Xfintity Stream Beta app successfully on all 3 TV's.  Two of the TV's that are 42" have had no issues streaming from the ap.  The 3rd TV a 65" has issues popping off the ap every 15 mintues and I have to turn TV off or go out of ap and return.  Streaming from netfilix or amazon video do not have any issues on this TV, it is only when using the Xfinity Stream Beta Ap, the error TVAPP: 00200, continues to come up. Advance tech service has not been much help and I am hesitant to reconnect the X1 cable box as the goal is to be wire free.  The Beta is offered as a trial since I am a X1 subsribere, but the instability of the ap on this larger TV is not acceptable.  Anyone have an answer as to why ap will not work well on the larger screen? I have 250 MBPS speed and the errors occur whether I am streaming just this one TV or if I am streaming multiple devices, and again netfilx and other aps on this TV have no issues.  Help, want to get rid of the cable Line!

X1 service with at least one set top box allows 5 streams at the same time using the stream TV (beta or not beta) app. x1 service (instant TV) with no set top boxes allows 2 streams only and gives you a 20 hour 2 tuner cloud DVR. If you need 3 devices you need one set top box.  many plans/contracts provide first non-DVR set top box as part of the package (no separate monthly charge).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!