Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

Everyone try reinstalling the app. It worked for me and a couple of others experiencing this issue.

New Poster

Hi there...

This is an update to a Feb 2019 post.  Xfinity Stream Beta App with Samsung smart TV's is simply NOT a reliable software.  I have tried all the suggestions in this thread and install/re-install...TV software is up to date.  Network runs flawlessly with all other installed TV applications such as YouTube, Prime, Internet, SmartThings, TvPlus.  Click these apps and any streaming functions work with NO problems. The only way Xfinity Beta works is if I unplug the TV and reboot...then also reboot the Router...and it will work for awhile.  Once I shut down the TV for the night...it's back to non-functional error messages in the morning.  Simply poor poor software and Xfinity should be embarrassed to have this product out there.  ROKU is the next step.  I have waited long enough for Xfinity (Comcast) to get their 'stuff' together regarding this app.  Good luck to all.  dpe56

Official Employee

Everyone, if you have tried to reboot your compatible TV, uninstall the app, power off and reboot your TV, install the app, then reboot your TV again and you're still having issue with the app, please let me know by sending a private message. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi. Seems as this has been a growing proble and there are no solutions posted. My TV and App have been working fine for over a year, not I get a code Error TVAPP-00100. I have talked with advance support and Samsung and no one has fixed the issue. Can you help?

New Poster

I wish I would have discovered this issue before I bought a brand new 65 inch Samsung smart TV . When I go to play recordings I get error 300 every time !! The recordings play on every other tiny device. This is a major issue since we both work full-time and like to watch our recorded shows together ☹️😡 Thinking of returning the Samsung TV
New Poster

Hey Comcast Ken,

I tried to send you a private message but when I click your name, I don’t see any option to send you a message by clicking the tab in the top right hand corner...

I have a 2018 Samsung and I’m getting the black screen... I was a happy YouTube TV customer and switched over to Xfinity Stream and now it won’t work on my Samsung...

Please advise!
Expert

@Robertscast wrote:
Hey Comcast Ken,

I tried to send you a private message but when I click your name, I don’t see any option to send you a message by clicking the tab in the top right hand corner...

I have a 2018 Samsung and I’m getting the black screen... I was a happy YouTube TV customer and switched over to Xfinity Stream and now it won’t work on my Samsung...

Please advise!

scroll to the top of his reply and click on sign in. then click on his username and the message me option will appear.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

umamahesh_t, I never got a message from you to become troubleshooting. Did your problem get resolved? 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.