Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta - Samsung

@danfernandes wrote:

My modem and router are 2 seperate units and DHCP is enabled.

TV's netwok is fine - I can stream other app from it and I did stream xfinity app from it when I firs got the serveice just over a week ago.

ok, what did you mean by you didn't get an IP address?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta - Samsung

Not sure I said that. TV network is fine. I've since spoken with 2 "advance" xfinity techs (case is escalated)  but they can't fgure it out. Each time I put the code in to authorize I get success at the authorization portal but the TV change from the code screen to "Sorry, something went wrong please try again".

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

Same issues.. New 55in, worked for a bit then poof! Reset, reinstall, unplug, new router AND WiFi extender.. Makes me want to totally dump Xfinity..but alas, internet only service is not available! It shouldn't take a TEC to fix this.. Every other app works,
TV is a Samsung
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

@DJM21 wrote:
Same issues.. New 55in, worked for a bit then poof! Reset, reinstall, unplug, new router AND WiFi extender.. Makes me want to totally dump Xfinity..but alas, internet only service is not available! It shouldn't take a TEC to fix this.. Every other app works,
TV is a Samsung

did you try a smart phone/tablet and the stream TV app when it is at the same location? the antenna may not be effective or it is blocked for wifi?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!