Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

New Poster

Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

The Streaming Beta App won’t load. I was working fine, then the screen froze, and app crashed. Now when I open the app all I get is a black screen, and when I try playing content previewed in the smart hub it just says “Xfinity Stream Beta Loading” for way too long until it just stops trying. I reinstalled it, deleted and reinstalled it, unplugged the TV, reset the Smart Hub... I’m connected to my Xfinity wifi, TV is model (MU6290), updated firmware, plenty of free memory, logged in to my Samsung acct. and EVERY other app is working fine. Any ideas?
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

@amtmlt wrote:
The Streaming Beta App won’t load. I was working fine, then the screen froze, and app crashed. Now when I open the app all I get is a black screen, and when I try playing content previewed in the smart hub it just says “Xfinity Stream Beta Loading” for way too long until it just stops trying. I reinstalled it, deleted and reinstalled it, unplugged the TV, reset the Smart Hub... I’m connected to my Xfinity wifi, TV is model (MU6290), updated firmware, plenty of free memory, logged in to my Samsung acct. and EVERY other app is working fine. Any ideas?

is that a Roku TV? (built in)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Any luck? Same problem here
Expert

@Jacobcooke6490 wrote:
Any luck? Same problem here

does the xfinity stream app appear in your TV set's 'store'?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

I just bought a Samsung 32" TV M4500 for the express purpose of using the Xfinity Stream Beta app..I followed the instructions under Help and Support and it didnt work...the search function could not locate the app....however, there was a Direct TV Beta app pre loaded....does this mean Xfinity is no longer compatible?  Is this app still available? I call Xfinity and they advised it can be downloaded to any TV..that is not true...this is making me nuts

Expert

@CJM505 wrote:

I just bought a Samsung 32" TV M4500 for the express purpose of using the Xfinity Stream Beta app..I followed the instructions under Help and Support and it didnt work...the search function could not locate the app....however, there was a Direct TV Beta app pre loaded....does this mean Xfinity is no longer compatible?  Is this app still available? I call Xfinity and they advised it can be downloaded to any TV..that is not true...this is making me nuts

be sure your TV doesn't have a firmware update available. If the xfinity app does not show up in the Samsung store you might want to contact Samsung to determine if that model is covered under the program.

New Poster

Needs to have the firmware updated to 1221.0

@CJM505 wrote:

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, yes this particular TV did not have the correct components, so I returned and got a TCL Smart TV with ROKU.  This worked perfectly and I was able to set up within just a few minutes.

@Rustyben wrote:

@CJM505 wrote:

be sure your TV doesn't have a firmware update available. If the xfinity app does not show up in the Samsung store you might want to contact Samsung to determine if that model is covered under the program.

Expert

@mudslide3 wrote:

Needs to have the firmware updated to 1221.0

@CJM505 wrote:

the good news is that access for many brands etc have been announced in some online articles as being available in the future. [example LINK]

Expert

@CJM505 wrote:

Thanks, yes this particular TV did not have the correct components, so I returned and got a TCL Smart TV with ROKU.  This worked perfectly and I was able to set up within just a few minutes.

@Rustyben wrote:

@CJM505 wrote:

thank you for writing back-glad you have the stream app now!

New Poster

Mine is often times blurry in live tv but audio works.. usually big events like World Cup and pga championship which unfortunately are the times I really want it lol