Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

Everyone try reinstalling the app. It worked for me and a couple of others experiencing this issue.

New Poster

Hi there...

This is an update to a Feb 2019 post.  Xfinity Stream Beta App with Samsung smart TV's is simply NOT a reliable software.  I have tried all the suggestions in this thread and install/re-install...TV software is up to date.  Network runs flawlessly with all other installed TV applications such as YouTube, Prime, Internet, SmartThings, TvPlus.  Click these apps and any streaming functions work with NO problems. The only way Xfinity Beta works is if I unplug the TV and reboot...then also reboot the Router...and it will work for awhile.  Once I shut down the TV for the night...it's back to non-functional error messages in the morning.  Simply poor poor software and Xfinity should be embarrassed to have this product out there.  ROKU is the next step.  I have waited long enough for Xfinity (Comcast) to get their 'stuff' together regarding this app.  Good luck to all.  dpe56

Official Employee

Everyone, if you have tried to reboot your compatible TV, uninstall the app, power off and reboot your TV, install the app, then reboot your TV again and you're still having issue with the app, please let me know by sending a private message. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi. Seems as this has been a growing proble and there are no solutions posted. My TV and App have been working fine for over a year, not I get a code Error TVAPP-00100. I have talked with advance support and Samsung and no one has fixed the issue. Can you help?

New Poster

I wish I would have discovered this issue before I bought a brand new 65 inch Samsung smart TV . When I go to play recordings I get error 300 every time !! The recordings play on every other tiny device. This is a major issue since we both work full-time and like to watch our recorded shows together ☹️😡 Thinking of returning the Samsung TV
New Poster

Hey Comcast Ken,

I tried to send you a private message but when I click your name, I don’t see any option to send you a message by clicking the tab in the top right hand corner...

I have a 2018 Samsung and I’m getting the black screen... I was a happy YouTube TV customer and switched over to Xfinity Stream and now it won’t work on my Samsung...

Please advise!
Expert

@Robertscast wrote:
Hey Comcast Ken,

I tried to send you a private message but when I click your name, I don’t see any option to send you a message by clicking the tab in the top right hand corner...

I have a 2018 Samsung and I’m getting the black screen... I was a happy YouTube TV customer and switched over to Xfinity Stream and now it won’t work on my Samsung...

Please advise!

scroll to the top of his reply and click on sign in. then click on his username and the message me option will appear.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

umamahesh_t, I never got a message from you to become troubleshooting. Did your problem get resolved? 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am having the same issue. Brand new install. They say 72 plus hours for a outcome
Frequent Visitor

Having similar issues. Samsung TV says "We Has a problem reaching the configuration server. Please check your internet connection & retry." It worked fine for 2 months then gave me this error. Removed and readded the device in Comcast system and it worked for the past 3 days. Today back to error. Nothing has changed on the TV or my part. I even bought XFI pods to connect it as a LAN device. This is stupid. How many thousands of Samsung TV customers in the USA are having this issue. Why can't it get fixed. It has been happenning to others for more than a year. 

Everyone that has this issue should call your local cable regulator that will get Comcast's attention!

New Poster

So I have this issue, but I decided to connect my TV Tommy Verizon hotspot and it works.  I put the TV in DMZ with no luck.  I've also tried different DNS servers.  The issue appears to be Comcast is blocking themselves 

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.  To be specific:  during a 30 min news broadcast there are 4 - 5 freezes/black screens each lasting for about 1 min.  The other day I called customer support and I couldn't believe that the person did not know of the issue.  When will this get resolved?

Expert

@hbrandt54 wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  To be specific:  during a 30 min news broadcast there are 4 - 5 freezes/black screens each lasting for about 1 min.  The other day I called customer support and I couldn't believe that the person did not know of the issue.  When will this get resolved?

is this on your samsung TV?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hi Ken,

Can't figure out how to DM you, but my Samsung compatible TV was working fine for about a year and last week it made me "re-authorize" my TV.  Took a couple tries entering the 6 digit code, but finally worked.  Last night same thing, but this time won't allow me to authorize.  Called support, escalated to ATS without resolution.  Tech came today and although he tried he said he wasn't trained on the topic.  I just went through the process you outlined and I still get a screen a that says Welcome and that my device can only accessed on my home network which it is connected to.  This was verified by the tech today as well.  Any ideas?

Regular Visitor

trying to PM you. please let me know how.

Expert

@berkbraden wrote:

please do not PM people unless the official employee asks you to do so. what is the problem you are having? what is your device?

Regular Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@berkbraden wrote:

please do not PM people unless the official employee asks you to do so. what is the problem you are having? what is your device?

@Rustyben if you read the thread, anyone who cannot resolve this issue is invited to send the responding employee a PM

New Poster

WHY ISN'T MY FOX NEWS WORKING THRU ROKU ON SAMSUNG SMART TV WITH MY XFINITY CONTRACT

New Poster

SAME PROBLEM... GO TO XFINITY, THEN LIVE SHOWS, THEN FAVORITE CHANNELS AND ALL CHANNELS I CHOSE ALL THAT COMES UP IS BLACK SCREEN.  HAPPENING PERIODICALLY FOR A WEEK BUT NOW NOTHING SHOWS UP ON ANY STATION I CHOSE

Expert

@jonijam wrote:

SAME PROBLEM... GO TO XFINITY, THEN LIVE SHOWS, THEN FAVORITE CHANNELS AND ALL CHANNELS I CHOSE ALL THAT COMES UP IS BLACK SCREEN.  HAPPENING PERIODICALLY FOR A WEEK BUT NOW NOTHING SHOWS UP ON ANY STATION I CHOSE

your TV and modem/gateway may need to have power removed for 30 seconds or so then restarted. did that fix it?

Frequent Visitor

At first error 00100...now just an xfinity loading screen that just freezes up.....Same problem...again..happened back in August but I dont remember which sequence of events fixed it. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app... tried unplugging TV and then reinstalling app...frustrated...again...roku works fine..app is fubar'd...
Expert

@Ericngin wrote:
At first error 00100...now just an xfinity loading screen that just freezes up.....Same problem...again..happened back in August but I dont remember which sequence of events fixed it. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app... tried unplugging TV and then reinstalling app...frustrated...again...roku works fine..app is fubar'd...

tv installed 'app' - uninstall the app. unplug the TV for 3+ minutes. plug back in, reinstall app, be careful to answer the questions on agreeing to the terms and conditions. working?

Frequent Visitor

Nope. Uninstalled and left unplugged for 10 minutes
New Poster

I just started experiencing problems with Xfinity Stream app in my new Samsung TV. Receiving error TVAPP-00100. All other stream apps work fine. I have unplugged tv, reset modem, reset network settings, software, etc to no avail. My other older Samsung TVs with ROKU stick have no issues with the Xfinity Stream app. Need resolved please.
New Poster

I just started experiencing problems with Xfinity Stream app in my new Samsung 50" 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV - UN50RU7100. I am receiving error TVAPP-00100. All other stream apps work fine. I have unplugged tv, reset modem, reset network settings, software, etc to no avail. My other older Samsung TVs with ROKU stick have no issues with the Xfinity Stream app. Need resolved please.
New Poster

I am also experiencing this problem. Unplugging worked, but I had to re-register my Samsung TV. 

Highlighted
New Poster

ComcastCares on Twitter has confirmed:

Hello, I believe we are having an issue with the app. We are working on it. -EP

We don't have any updates and at this time we are still trying to figure it out. -EP

My guess is it is a problem between Xfinity and Samsung server/firewall permissions. Just my guess though.
New Poster

I have the same problem and spent more than 2 hours trying to get it fixed and talked to 3 people and nothing fixed yet. Last person told me last night that they found a problem of connection with Samsung TVs and will get back to me. Still waiting for the call.
Frequent Visitor

Woke up and it finally worked. I had already uninstalled and reset smart hub and unplugged tv for more than 10 minutes. I had to reauthorize. I don't know if this had a bearing on it but either way it works.
New Poster

Update: my Xfinity Stream app on Samsung it s now miraculously working. Not sure why. Would be good for Xfinity to inform customers what the solution was so we can reference in future should it be a repeat issue
New Poster

Yep, it is finally back up and running.  Like a previous poster, I had to unplug the TV for about 10 minutes, then reaccomplish the activation (entering code from TV display i to my PC).  It would be "customer friendly" if the app had shown a "We are 'xperiencing problems', please check back later".

New Poster

Is not working perfect again. The local channels keeps stopping for few seconds and restart again. I told the it person yesterday when all the problems were going on and he didn't know why it was doing it.
Official Employee

Hey All,

It looks like the main issues from last week with the Beta app has been resolved. Please let us know otherwise.

Additionally, the Stream app Smart TVs is meant to be used with your XFINITY internet service. The Xfinity Stream Beta app allows you to access your Xfinity TV services, which are only available in your home through your in-home Xfinity network. You will not be able to use the app if you are connected to another network, including Xfinity WiFi hotspots or any 'XFINITYwifi' network that may be available in your home.

Ken

New Poster

Thank you, Ken.

I am aware of the limitations of Xfinity Streaming app to home network/wifi via Xfinity internet services. That is how I use my Xfinity Streaming app.

Regular Visitor

Still not working 

Regular Visitor

Error code00100

Frequent Visitor

Got xfinity connected yesterday - downloaded and authorized a Samsung TV and a Roku.

Both worked fine for acouple of hours and then the Samsung TV stopped working. Reinstalled the app and reauthorized but no luck, at first it was saying - connecting you to your enertainment experience - but would never connect - now when I get new code and authorize it says something went wrong with error TVAPP-00100. May have to waste more money on a Roku or go with YouTube.

I have 30 days to cancel but I'm also not under agreement this time.

Expert

@danfernandes wrote:

Got xfinity connected yesterday - downloaded and authorized a Samsung TV and a Roku.

Both worked fine for acouple of hours and then the Samsung TV stopped working. Reinstalled the app and reauthorized but no luck, at first it was saying - connecting you to your enertainment experience - but would never connect - now when I get new code and authorize it says something went wrong with error TVAPP-00100. May have to waste more money on a Roku or go with YouTube.

I have 30 days to cancel but I'm also not under agreement this time.

the roku is very stable. remember that non-X1 TV connected devices are using a beta program (and that is why the TV connection is currently free). use of beta software is not for everyone. but having said that, the roku is rock solid.  Roku seems to be the way of the future. Netfilx is removing the use of their TV netflix apps in December 2019. at least the roku can be updated until it is too old and then easily and inexpensively replaced.

New Poster

My experience with that entertainment message is the problem exists with Xfinity to/from their server(s).

If you have a tablet, phone, computer - check Xfinity streaming that way to see if you can access without issue to narrow down to the ROKU/Xfinity streaming service.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response - been following this app for a long time and wanted to give a try, seems it will never come out of Beta, it would be great if they could stablize it. Good deal on Roku stick right now, will pick one up later, not sure this app will ever be ready for primetime.

On a side note; the app is loaded on a thunb drive because Samsung keeps filing up my hub with teir apps, which can't be deleted. but I don't think that would cause an issue.

There are lots of chatter on this Samsung issue as well.

New Poster

When I had the error TPV00100 it was only on my new Samsung TV with Xfinity Stream app built-in. Supposedly it was an outage issue with Xfinity almost nationwide and possibly outage limited to specific services that included the streaming app. My other two TVs with Roku and Xfinity Stream app worked just fine during same window of outage. Roku has been pretty consistent in performance.
New Poster

I have the newest software ver 1270 but xfinity bata still does not work

Frequent Visitor

Was redirected here from original post location - https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Xfinity-Stream-Beta-App-Samsung-TV-not-working/m-p/32849...

I picked up a Roku for this Samsung TV an is working well.

I called support to see if I can find out why the app will not work on the TV, got sent to second level support after long time with first level. After a while of him going through his knowledge base of solutions he concluded that the the issue is me not using a one piece gateway (I use an Arris modem and a seperate router), he suggested a Motorola AC1900 as this resolved another customer with same issue. I will not buy it as I like the Roku app better (scrolling on the mini guide, you can push button and hold and it will keep scrolling, on Samsung you have to click one channel at a time).

Expert

@danfernandes wrote:

Was redirected here from original post location - https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Xfinity-Stream-Beta-App-Samsung-TV-not-working/m-p/32849...

I called support to see if I can find out why the app will not work on the TV, got sent to second level support after long time with first level. After a while of him going through his knowledge base of solutions he concluded that the the issue is me not using a one piece gateway (I use an Arris modem and a seperate router), he suggested a Motorola AC1900 as this resolved another customer with same issue. I will not buy it as I like the Roku app better (scrolling on the mini guide, you can push button and hold and it will keep scrolling, on Samsung you have to click one channel at a time).

having viewed all the posts on the subject over the last many months haven't seen that as a solution. I really doubt it could be a solution. I fully agree a Roku device is the way to go it just always works. just ordered 4th device roku ultra on sale for $50. 

Frequent Visitor

I agree, especially since it worked perfectly when I first set it up. And the support thech was guessing at solutions.

@Rustyben wrote:

@danfernandes wrote:

having viewed all the posts on the subject over the last many months haven't seen that as a solution. I really doubt it could be a solution. I fully agree a Roku device is the way to go it just always works. just ordered 4th device roku ultra on sale for $50. 

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Stream Beta - Samsung

Here because I'm very frustrated with this app.

Had it working on my Samsung MU6300 when I first got the servive (few days ago) - worked for a few hours - turned the TV off and back on and in will not work for 4 day despite calling Comcast and getting the nrunaround; try this try that, nothing work - seems they should be able to resolve. I reinstalled the app several times and each time I get a new code to authorize, I put the code in, says successful but on the TV it chages to SORRY, SOMETHING WENT WRONG - Please try again. Pushing try again goes to a black screen saying now connecting to your entertainment experience, it sits there spinning it's wheels and never conects. One tech said I need to replace my router and modem with a Motorola Gateway, this is after he had me try several other things. What a joke.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta - Samsung

@danfernandes wrote:

Had it working on my Samsung MU6300 when I first got the servive (few days ago) - worked for a few hours - turned the TV off and back on and in will not work for 4 day despite calling Comcast and getting the nrunaround; try this try that, nothing work - seems they should be able to resolve. I reinstalled the app several times and each time I get a new code to authorize, I put the code in, says successful but on the TV it chages to SORRY, SOMETHING WENT WRONG - Please try again. Pushing try again goes to a black screen saying now connecting to your entertainment experience, it sits there spinning it's wheels and never conects. One tech said I need to replace my router and modem with a Motorola Gateway, this is after he had me try several other things. What a joke.

please keep same subject posts in one thread. (combined)

Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@danfernandes wrote:

Sorry about that.

So is there anything that can be done or do we just give up because it is beta software?

Would be nice to get it working - trying to figure out what are things that can prevent it from working and go throught the process of elimination. does removing power from modem have the same effect as factory reset? Since I own the modem, will I get support should I do a reset and I don't get an IP address?

Thanks

Expert

@danfernandes wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@danfernandes wrote:

Sorry about that.

So is there anything that can be done or do we just give up because it is beta software?

Would be nice to get it working - trying to figure out what are things that can prevent it from working and go throught the process of elimination. does removing power from modem have the same effect as factory reset? Since I own the modem, will I get support should I do a reset and I don't get an IP address?

Thanks

if your router has DHCP on it should supply the IP automatically along with DNS servers, and other network settings. did you run through your TV's menu for network setup and testing?

Frequent Visitor

My modem and router are 2 seperate units and DHCP is enabled.

TV's netwok is fine - I can stream other app from it and I did stream xfinity app from it when I firs got the serveice just over a week ago.