Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

The Streaming Beta App won’t load. I was working fine, then the screen froze, and app crashed. Now when I open the app all I get is a black screen, and when I try playing content previewed in the smart hub it just says “Xfinity Stream Beta Loading” for way too long until it just stops trying. I reinstalled it, deleted and reinstalled it, unplugged the TV, reset the Smart Hub... I’m connected to my Xfinity wifi, TV is model (MU6290), updated firmware, plenty of free memory, logged in to my Samsung acct. and EVERY other app is working fine. Any ideas?
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta App/Samsung TV not working

@amtmlt wrote:
The Streaming Beta App won’t load. I was working fine, then the screen froze, and app crashed. Now when I open the app all I get is a black screen, and when I try playing content previewed in the smart hub it just says “Xfinity Stream Beta Loading” for way too long until it just stops trying. I reinstalled it, deleted and reinstalled it, unplugged the TV, reset the Smart Hub... I’m connected to my Xfinity wifi, TV is model (MU6290), updated firmware, plenty of free memory, logged in to my Samsung acct. and EVERY other app is working fine. Any ideas?

is that a Roku TV? (built in)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Any luck? Same problem here
Expert

@Jacobcooke6490 wrote:
Any luck? Same problem here

does the xfinity stream app appear in your TV set's 'store'?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I just bought a Samsung 32" TV M4500 for the express purpose of using the Xfinity Stream Beta app..I followed the instructions under Help and Support and it didnt work...the search function could not locate the app....however, there was a Direct TV Beta app pre loaded....does this mean Xfinity is no longer compatible?  Is this app still available? I call Xfinity and they advised it can be downloaded to any TV..that is not true...this is making me nuts

Expert

@CJM505 wrote:

I just bought a Samsung 32" TV M4500 for the express purpose of using the Xfinity Stream Beta app..I followed the instructions under Help and Support and it didnt work...the search function could not locate the app....however, there was a Direct TV Beta app pre loaded....does this mean Xfinity is no longer compatible?  Is this app still available? I call Xfinity and they advised it can be downloaded to any TV..that is not true...this is making me nuts

be sure your TV doesn't have a firmware update available. If the xfinity app does not show up in the Samsung store you might want to contact Samsung to determine if that model is covered under the program.

New Poster

Needs to have the firmware updated to 1221.0

@CJM505 wrote:

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, yes this particular TV did not have the correct components, so I returned and got a TCL Smart TV with ROKU.  This worked perfectly and I was able to set up within just a few minutes.

@Rustyben wrote:

@CJM505 wrote:

be sure your TV doesn't have a firmware update available. If the xfinity app does not show up in the Samsung store you might want to contact Samsung to determine if that model is covered under the program.

Expert

@mudslide3 wrote:

Needs to have the firmware updated to 1221.0

@CJM505 wrote:

the good news is that access for many brands etc have been announced in some online articles as being available in the future. [example LINK]

Expert

@CJM505 wrote:

Thanks, yes this particular TV did not have the correct components, so I returned and got a TCL Smart TV with ROKU.  This worked perfectly and I was able to set up within just a few minutes.

@Rustyben wrote:

@CJM505 wrote:

thank you for writing back-glad you have the stream app now!

New Poster

Mine is often times blurry in live tv but audio works.. usually big events like World Cup and pga championship which unfortunately are the times I really want it lol
New Poster

Mine is doing the same I have spent over 12 hours with xfinity and still nothing please post the solution
New Poster

I just got a Samsung TV a few weeks ago, and am having the same issues. Mine always is presented with the error code:  TVAPP-00200, but Comcast seems to ignore my issues, and has not offered any suggestions that have helped

New Poster

My app works partially like for on demand and live TV but the videos saved on my DVR do NOT want to load .... I get to the WATCH selection then wait and
Oops there was a problem comes up

Pretty poor app overall in this BETA version.
The mobile app works great on phone and iPad
New Poster

I have 2 Samsung smart TV’s that have been working “OK” for months and now EVERY TIME I turn Off the TV Xfinity App is FROZEN 🤬
Am on my 5th call with Customer Service (AKA - NO Customer Service) again.
ANYONE find the FIX to this problem?
Expert

@ChangeIN2019 wrote:
I have 2 Samsung smart TV’s that have been working “OK” for months and now EVERY TIME I turn Off the TV Xfinity App is FROZEN 🤬
Am on my 5th call with Customer Service (AKA - NO Customer Service) again.
ANYONE find the FIX to this problem?

are you exiting to live TV before you turn off the TV?

New Poster

I am having the same problem with 2 Samsung TVs that we bought in mid-2018.  They are listed as compatible devices.  We resolve it temporarily by unplugging the TV then plugging back in then the app seems to work. This resolution came from a Customer Service rep but we did not think we would need to do it every time we want to watch on the app.  It would be nice to not have to do that every time since we have our TV on the wall and I have to get a step ladder each time to unplug/replug the TV!

New Poster

I have a 40" Samsung and also have to unplug the TV to reset App.

New Poster

Samsung 42 inch with the Xfinity beta.  I also report that I have unplugged and plugged the TV in to try to reset the hung playback from the saved recordings, but it does not always work.  I can sometimes fast forward a little and hit play, but I miss part of my stuff that way and sometimes it hangs again pretty quick.

I guess I'll have to drop my service soon, as basically it doesn't work half the time.  Unless someone has some better news. 

New Poster

Did you every get the app to work?  I just bought a 65" Samsung with the software version and the model number recommended by Comcast for the Xfinity Beta App ap and I get the ERROR TVAP: 00200 after 15 minutes of running the ap. 

New Poster

App requires a plug unplug. My set is mounted on wall . ac behind set, so plug unplug very difficult.
New Poster

Yup,  I have owned the Samsung UN55NU8500 smart TV model for the past week.  All other TV apps work great, no issues.  Full connectivity to the internet and other smart app features work again even after resetting the router.  However, this xfinity streaming 'beta' app is not reliable.  There are occasional channel 'time outs', freezes, and error codes with the black screen as described above in this forum.  I have unplugged the TV as advised and the app is back functioning.  I empathize with you all.  It would be nice to let go of the cable box but I can't if poor performance of this 'under-development' app continues.  Hopefully, these comments are reviewed and acted upon by Comcast.  Good luck to all.  Best Regards,  dpe56

New Poster

I got my Samsung Smart TV today, I download Xfinity Steam beta app and everything is working, BUT, the picture scale is not fitting my 58" TV. I love the idea of not having the cablebox and hope they can fix is soon.

Expert

@SL103 wrote:

I got my Samsung Smart TV today, I download Xfinity Steam beta app and everything is working, BUT, the picture scale is not fitting my 58" TV. I love the idea of not having the cablebox and hope they can fix is soon.

tune to a local HD broadcast HD channel. is it filling the screen? if you use a smart device on same channel or a desk/laptop does it fill the screen on all HD channels? the local channel you tried above?

New Poster

I have a Samsung TV and am having similar problems. Xfinity is trying to help, but so far they have not solved the problem. For us, we can turn on the TV, load Xfinity, but the remote buttons don't then work. The remote will work for all other apps.

Xfinity tech did some things at the Xfinity end and told us to uninstall and reinstall the app. We did, No different.  What solves the problem TEMPORARILY is "power cycling the TV" as they put it. Pull the plug. When it restarts, the remote works fine. But some time later, after we have turned off the TV and then turn the TV back on, same problem. Can't change channels, etc. Very annoying. We are getting into the habit of pulling the plug before we sit down to watch.  Crazy!

New Poster

I’m having the same issue. The app has been working fine for 2 weeks on a new tv and was working fine 5 hours ago. It says xfinity stream beta loading, the wheel spins but then all I get is a black screen. Please solve this issue..... this is a year after this original post. I’ve also spend 45 minutes with xfinity advanced technical support and he couldn’t find a solution and said there were no reports of this issue....
New Poster

Same here.  Brand New and I mean 'Brand New' Samsung tv.  has been working great for about two weeks and suddenly today Black Screen of Death.  Calles Support, Nothing. reset Router, Nothing, deleted app, Nothing, checked for firmware update, Nithing.  Please fix this.  It's extremely frustrating that we all pay good money for something and it's not working.

New Poster

I now have the same issue. The App worked up until 2 days ago. Please help restore this.
Official Employee

Hi Everyone! 

Thanks for reaching out and posting here about the issues you're seeing with the Stream app on the Samsung smart TVs. For general info, the following TVs are supported: 

• 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2AKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes NU8500, NU850, NU8000, NU800, Q9F, Q8F, Q7C, Q7F and Q6 [F = Flat, C= Curved]
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2LAKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes NU7300, NU730, NU7200, NU7100 and NU710
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSUAKUC and Model Code UNXXNU7090
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSNAKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes N5510, N5500, N5350, N5300, N4500, N4350 and N4310
  • 2017 TVs with minimum software version T-KTMAKUC-1210.8 and Model Codes Q9F, Q8C, Q7F (Flat), Q7C (Curved), MU9000, MU8500, MU8000, MU7600, MU7500, MU750, MU7100, MU700, MU7000, MU6500, MU6490, MU6300, MU630, and MU6290
  • 2017 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSAKUC-1210.8 and Model Codes M5300, M530, M4500, and M450

If you have removed the app from the TV and reinstalled with the same issue, please send me a private message with your full name and your login user ID so I can assist here. 

Thanks, 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  Just a few days ago it was working fine.  Now I only have black screen after the app tries to load.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times after a smart hub reset.

[edit] - I have sent a pm per your instructions Ken.

New Poster

Don McBride
Mcbride713

Black screen when launching the app on Samsung tv...tried everything
New Poster

Hello,

I am having the same issue and have chatted with an agent but everything we’ve tried doesn’t fix the app. Please help!
New Poster

I’m having the same issue but the stream app loads and then a black screen comcast says there is an issue when Samsung did a system update
Regular Visitor

Literally the same thing started happening to me like 2 days ago. Open the App and then after a few seconds just a blank screen. Reinstalled the app. Nothing. Deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing. I even updated the firmware on the TV to the latest one. Nothing. I have a 2018 Samsung  UN43NU7100FXZA.  This is beyond ridiculous. Please help. 

New Poster

Hello Ken seems this is issue for many samsung tv owners working fine until yesterday- is this a software patch issue?
New Poster

jonathan tran
usn jftran18
New Poster

Same issue with black screen and it started 2 days ago as well. Something must have occurred .. software update and stepped on the code? Please resolve this xfinity and post the solution here. That includes if you find the issue and resolve it on your end as we are all tired of trying to get the service we pay for.
New Poster

Any luck ? I’m having a same issue. Just black screen. Tried everything
New Poster

Hey Ken,
Looks like this is a huge problem. How can we escalate it to the app engineers? Same thing with me.. working fine then nothing for the past 2 days but the black screen of death..I’ll be reaching out to Comcast by phone tomorrow.
New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Black screen despite resetting the TV, uninstalling/reinstalling app, and trying every trick recommended on the forums. Your help would be appreciated.
New Poster

Same problem here, started 2 days ago. Talked to Xfinity this morning they said it's an app update issue and they're trying to resolve it.

Everyone please call Xfinity support and report your problem. The more customers they here from the faster we'll get this resolved.

FYI...I have a Roku stick running the Xfinity/Beta App on another TV and that's working fine.

New Poster

I too am having the same issue. The Xfinity Stream app was working perfectly up until 2 days ago. Now just a black screen on a  2018 Samsung 55" smart TV (Model code QN55Q7FNA) . All other apps are performing perfectly.  Please advise on a fix - as I just resign a contract with Xfinity and now I cannot watch TV - pretty disappointing. 

Dave Bloem

Username: bloemdr

Regular Visitor

Hi I'm having the same issue within the last couple days as everyone else.
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here on NU8500 series, even applied lastest firmware released yesterday - Version : 1260.8 - no fix.  Definitely an Xfinity issue.

New Poster

2 days ago  the Xfinity beta app stopped working on all my TV's that have been working fine for over 6 months.  Xfinity customer service is telling me there is an outage currently on the Samsung Servers?   I don't even know what that means, but it would explain the global outage in my case.   it's working fine on my iphone and ipad,  just not on any of the samsung tv's

Regular Visitor

App is now working for me didnt do anything on my end. Cheers.
New Poster

Hi All,

Just did a uninstall and a reinstall of the Xfinity/Beta App on my Samsung Smart TV it's working again!!

I had to reauthorize my TV with the activation code. 

FYI...I'm in the Chicago area.

Frequent Visitor

Just started working on mine too.

Regular Visitor

uninstalled and reinstalled... working! 

New Poster

I have removed the Xfinity App from my 75" Samsung TV and reinstalled it, but the App still will not work. When I open the App, the screen goes black.  My Sumsung TV is running on software version 1270 and when I go into the software update settings it says there are no updates available.  I am able to run the Amazon Prime Video App, the Hulu App and many other Apps on my TV without any issues.  I also have a 2nd Samsung TV with a ROKU device connected in a different room in my house, and the Xfinity App works fine on the ROKU device.  It sounds like the Xfinity App Developers need to work on the compatibility issues with Samsung.