Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App

New Poster

Xfinity Stream App

I just opened up a new account with Comcast. I got the "X1 Premier Quad Play" package which is quite expensive with a lot of Channels (some I don't even need or watch). I am however frustrated that I can't stream on any of my Apple devices. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the "Xfinity Stream App" several times and it is still not working. I have called Comcast several times and spent unbelievable hours (longest times spent:  1 hr 45 mins and another 1 hr 30 mins ) with them on the phone trying to rectify this problem but to no avail. Problem still persists. Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue. Rather frustrating. 

Note: I used to be able to stream successfully (even while traveling ) on the old account I was using. 

This is the error I keep getting:

IMG_1866.PNG
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App

@LolaJ wrote:

I just opened up a new account with Comcast. I got the "X1 Premier Quad Play" package which is quite expensive with a lot of Channels (some I don't even need or watch). I am however frustrated that I can't stream on any of my Apple devices. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the "Xfinity Stream App" several times and it is still not working. I have called Comcast several times and spent unbelievable hours (longest times spent:  1 hr 45 mins and another 1 hr 30 mins ) with them on the phone trying to rectify this problem but to no avail. Problem still persists. Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue. Rather frustrating. 

Note: I used to be able to stream successfully (even while traveling ) on the old account I was using. 

This is the error I keep getting:

did you have an account and then move and are using the same username from the old account on the new account? would you run the smart device xfinity My Account app, select the internet tab then select your data modem and compare the serial number shown to the HFC MAC address on your modem/gateway?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!