Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App on Apple TV

New Poster

Xfinity Stream App on Apple TV

I've been using the Xfinity Stream Beta on my Roku device, but the Apple TV is my preferred media player. Since the Xfinity Stream app on iOS provides a great experience and works so well, are their any plans to roll out an Apple TV version of the app?

Expert
Moved:

Re: Xfinity Stream App on Apple TV

New Poster

I have the same question - will there be an Xfinity/Comcast streaming app for the Apple TV soon?

Scott Smallwood
New Poster

Honestly, I don’t see it coming anytime soon, they need to create a contract with Apple to do so, most Apple devices don’t even support Comcast xfinity yet. It will come but it might be awhile.
Expert

Dosisek wrote:
Honestly, I don’t see it coming anytime soon, they need to create a contract with Apple to do so, most Apple devices don’t even support Comcast xfinity yet. It will come but it might be awhile.

my guess is you are not counting apple phones and tablets in your most devices sentence? They all work so far as far as I know.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Right why would they? Apple controls the largest market share of consumer electronics, yet comcast chose Roku... sigh ... I CANT wait until YouTube TV is available in my area! 

New Poster

Following.
Frequent Visitor

Me too. I am waiting for this. It would make great sense from a consumer standpoint. Come on Comcast! Get the deed done. You already have a head start with the iPad and iPhone.
New Poster

I just put a tv in my office and I have Ethernet to my Apple TV attached to it. I’d love to stream to the Apple TV and not have to get another box.  I’m willing to pay an additional fee but don’t want to run coax and I have my modem in bridge mode to my firewall disabling the Comcast WiFi so I don’t think a wireless box will work.  I’m even willing to stream from my phone or tablet using airplay but it’s disabled for some reason.

Expert

@Merlynmac2 wrote:

I just put a tv in my office and I have Ethernet to my Apple TV attached to it. I’d love to stream to the Apple TV and not have to get another box.  I’m willing to pay an additional fee but don’t want to run coax and I have my modem in bridge mode to my firewall disabling the Comcast WiFi so I don’t think a wireless box will work.  I’m even willing to stream from my phone or tablet using airplay but it’s disabled for some reason.

based on your current setup and desire you will need a Roku device. Did you check to see if the apple TV store has the xfinity Stream TV app available (yet)?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

I suppose I can add a Roku.
Expert

@Merlynmac2 wrote:
I suppose I can add a Roku.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90205212/comcast-is-totally-ok-with-you-not-having-an-xfinity-set-top-bo... seems to say that you can use apple TV by end of the year (estimate).

New Poster

Following it

New Poster

Using Roku has worked great.  I too wanted Apple TV but alas, is not meant to be.  Roku will solve your no Cable Box/Coax and the Roku stick I'm using is better for me than Apple TV was.

Expert

@Rheklis wrote:

Using Roku has worked great.  I too wanted Apple TV but alas, is not meant to be.  Roku will solve your no Cable Box/Coax and the Roku stick I'm using is better for me than Apple TV was.

per a published Comcast article Apple TV will join the Stream app beta by the end of the year.