Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App not showing live TV or Recordings

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity Stream App not showing live TV or Recordings

My Xfinity Stream app does not show me the option to view recordings nor does it show my live tv channels. I tried doing a system reset but that did not help. I’ve called Comcast twice and got nowhere. Any suggestions?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App not showing live TV or Recordings


@Savespups10 wrote:
My Xfinity Stream app does not show me the option to view recordings nor does it show my live tv channels. I tried doing a system reset but that did not help. I’ve called Comcast twice and got nowhere. Any suggestions?

go to xfinity.com website. sign in. go to account and then to users. create a new user and use that username/password to sign in. now working?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream App not showing live TV or Recordings

I am having the same problem with two different iPads (while two others I use plus my iPhone are all working fine).  Been on the phone w Comcast for over an hour and got sent to Tier 2 support.  They told me it's a known issue since end of October that some mobile devices log in fine while others get what I'm seeing, that is a generic tv lineup and none of my recordings or scheduled programs listed.

 

Get this, the woman said it will be fixed on November 19 at 2:47 pm.   The exactness of the date and time makes the whole thing sounds a little implausible to me, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

 

I also asked that if it is a known "outage" (as she called it), then why couldn't the info be placed on the website and/or given to main customer service reps so folks like us wouldn't be kept on hold or filling up the forums with posts wondering what's going on.... Go figure.

 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App not showing live TV or Recordings


@pjdauria wrote:

I am having the same problem with two different iPads (while two others I use plus my iPhone are all working fine).  Been on the phone w Comcast for over an hour and got sent to Tier 2 support.  They told me it's a known issue since end of October that some mobile devices log in fine while others get what I'm seeing, that is a generic tv lineup and none of my recordings or scheduled programs listed.

 

Get this, the woman said it will be fixed on November 19 at 2:47 pm.   The exactness of the date and time makes the whole thing sounds a little implausible to me, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

 

I also asked that if it is a known "outage" (as she called it), then why couldn't the info be placed on the website and/or given to main customer service reps so folks like us wouldn't be kept on hold or filling up the forums with posts wondering what's going on.... Go figure.


assumption is that you have at least one installed X1 set top box working in your home. that means you can have up to 5 streaming devices at one time. more can be authorized but won't be able to stream at the same time.  test your account by going to xfinity.com and then sign in. go to account, then users and create a new user. use that new username/password to sign in to one of the non-working devices. be sure to carefully accept the terms and conditions. working?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream App not showing live TV or Recordings

Thank you.  Yes all of your assumptions are correct.  I am aware of the streaming limitation, but am not trying to stream simultaneously, I just wish to have one of my iPads log in correctly with the same user ID I use on all other devices and PCs with no problems.  Because I can stream on other devices right now, I think I'll give them to Tuesday to see if they have resolved this before having to create another user ID.  But thanks for the tip.  I may try it after all...

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream App not showing live TV or Recordings

Created an additional user ID and password with full rights.  Didn't work.  Same result.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App not showing live TV or Recordings


@pjdauria wrote:

Created an additional user ID and password with full rights.  Didn't work.  Same result.


ok thanks for trying. that fixes account issues for the stream app (where username used normally points to more than one account/address)



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!