Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App is skipping part of scenes

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream App is skipping part of scenes

Also, this has been happening to me for a while (months), so I guess I just wait until it resolves itself?
Official Employee

Hello anthony_s77, I replied to your PM please reach back to me there and I can look into this for you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Serious just fix the problem. It seems pretty wide spread. Why do we each need to private message to get fixed. This is disappointing.
New Poster

Same problem here. It was fine until a week ago but no answer from Xfinity support.

Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem consistently: playback of DVR programs on both the DVR and the stream on Roku skip sections.

I'm posting to this string so I can PM. Thanks

Expert

@Jimmy_69 wrote:

I am having the same problem consistently: playback of DVR programs on both the DVR and the stream on Roku skip sections.

I'm posting to this string so I can PM. Thanks

if both the home DVR and the cloud DVR are skipping that means the original content is skipping. the home DVR and cloud DVR have their own 'feeds' that they record and are not in any way connected. Please verify your home DVR recordings playback has skipping problems.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The same issue as discussed above have popped up.  Mainly on the major network channels NBC and ABC especially.  

New Poster

I thought this ws fixed as I had not been noticing the issue but this happened to me again just the other day. It happened multiple times in the same show. Then when going hom eot watch on the DVR I saw no issues. Is there any time frame when you might figure this out and fix the actual problem?

Expert

@FemVioleta wrote:

I thought this ws fixed as I had not been noticing the issue but this happened to me again just the other day. It happened multiple times in the same show. Then when going hom eot watch on the DVR I saw no issues. Is there any time frame when you might figure this out and fix the actual problem?

one customer recently commented that their cloud DVR was now working well. the canned answer is.. there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I’ve used “stream” on my iPad  and iPhone for a long time with no problem.  It’s just been in the last 2 months that my recordings (on my iPad and iPhone) have started skipping. It doesn’t appear to be in “peak” times because it’s all of them at all times during the day.  When will this be fixed? 

New Poster

I am also having this problem with my xfinity stream app. Playback on my actual DVR is fine. I cannot find how to message @comcastamir - please message me to assist with this very frustrating issue. 

New Poster

I've had the same problem for months. I usually just go to the network app and watch the program. It defeats the purpose of the xfinXfi app as you can't fast forward through the commercials.

Expert

@NWJ wrote:

I’ve used “stream” on my iPad  and iPhone for a long time with no problem.  It’s just been in the last 2 months that my recordings (on my iPad and iPhone) have started skipping. It doesn’t appear to be in “peak” times because it’s all of them at all times during the day.  When will this be fixed? 

it is 'when' recordings are made not when they are streamed. there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

New Poster

Throw my hat in here as being affected by this, too. And I don't get the option to message ComcastAmir; for some reason clicking on that link brings me to a "private messages" page with no option to actually send one.  

Regular Visitor

Yes, I'm experiencing skipping with both methods of viewing, via the Stream app (on Roku and mobile), and via the DVR box. I believe the problem on the DVR box presents when the box is not powered on during the program. Does it then access the cloud recording?

... And to add my two cents: this is very frustrating to pay this much for this service and to have it be rendered unusable for weeks, and then to have no response from the provider.

New Poster

The same thing is happening to me on iPad and iPhone. It does not happen if I watch on tv with dvr.
Expert

@22HI wrote:
The same thing is happening to me on iPad and iPhone. It does not happen if I watch on tv with dvr.

there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

New Poster

I'm sorry but your explanation does not seem to apply. I have experienced this problem of late, and it occurs during peak and non-peak times. Plus, I could speculate as to why the logic appears faulty, but would rather not get into a "flaming" session, nor be seen to be attacking anyone's perspective.

What I really want is for Comcast to rectify the problem, or to provide a more concise explanation as to why it is happening. For me, this started happening just a few days ago, and it has made it annoying  to watch recorded content on my computer via a browser. And rebooting the DVR and loggin out/in does not resolve the issue!!

BTW: this problem does not occur when watching the same program On Demand! From that, one can infer that Comcast wants to force their customers into watching content On Demand, which does NOT allow one to skip the ads, which is one of the advantages to recording shows for viewing later. I don't know that this is what's going on, but the logic works.

New Poster

I am having the same problem and I need some help with my account
Expert

the problem happens at the time the recording(s) are actually being made. it is not due to or during the time of playback of the video.

New Poster

This has started to be a big problem for me also. The app is no longer convenient because it is constantly skipping and does it on any device I use in the exact same place so it is becoming useless. Only thing I can watch a recording from with no problem is my DVR. What use is the app if I can't even use it to watch my recordings with it any more. It use to work just fine but it looks like it's been messed up in some bug fix that has just made it now useless. Don't blame it on server problems, you have a massive bug that has made your app useless.

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  App is worthless.  This is widespread, yet nothing is done.

Expert

@mbart12 wrote:

I am having the same problem.  App is worthless.  This is widespread, yet nothing is done.

you (and others) may find that your newer cloud recordings have improved as several customers have stated their long time problems cleared up. the engineers are working to fix the issue. on demand, live streams still work, right?

Regular Visitor

Improved? No. It’s worse than ever today!
New Poster

I don't care about live or on-demand. It's still happening here with the cloud dvr and it's unwatchable. 

New Poster

Same issues all around. I also have had, and currently at the time of posting, skipping issues. I can see by the previous threads about this post that it has been an issue for months now. One would normally think that being as tech savvy as Comcast is that they hire the most experienced technical analysts around, that they could figure out a solution to this issue and prevent it from happening. Especially in the span of 6 months. What I'm trying to figure out is why I cannot view stuff that is recorded onto my personal box at my house and stream to my phone. My wife has no issues watching the recorded show at home, yet all i get is a hodgepodge of moments of the same show and it stops streaming, status bar shows full blue bar, show length show 1.00.00, show viewed shows random but usually between 10.00 and 45.00.
I would normally include a screenshot however you have disabled that feature due to security and copyright protection reasons.
Regular Contributor

I'm having the same issues as of recently, go on vacation and come back to issues with our playback.  Happens on Mobile devices and event the xfinity.com/tv website.  I've sent a PM to the Comcast employee who's been posting on here, to have them look at the issue.  Hopefully that will help as I hate being kicked over to On-demand and all the wonderful restrictions placed on us with force ad watching.

New Poster

Not only are my recorded shows skipping but the on Demand shows are skipping as well.
Expert

@Ali1311 wrote:
Not only are my recorded shows skipping but the on Demand shows are skipping as well.

have you tried a different smart device or used a desk/laptop and the xfinity streaming website?

New Poster

• I have been having the skipping issue for months.  I was told the server too busy blah blah and it would be fixed in the future.  Well, that was last spring and now it is worse not better. God!!!!   I HATE COMCAST !!!!!!!!  Give me back my money you theives!  This app is a waste.  I have waited too long already