Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App error TVAPP-00116

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream App error TVAPP-00116

Issue identified from previous post.

BTW, I experienced service interruption due to late payment previous morning. Payment was made immediately following this discovery. All services were restored within 30 min. After numerous calls into support last night with no Live Stream resolution, I decided to further try to view live TV.

I tried the XFinity Stream app on my tablet and cell phones also. Couldn't watch anything. App replied back indicating subscription is required; occasionally providing error 12012. Yet all channels worked fine on the XFinity cable boxes. This got me to thinking issue is in account profile.

Contacted customer service again and verified account was fully restore with no changes.

Apparently, Xfinity billing system needs to update Xfinity live stream server, and update profiles; as this is an eternal application. This can take up to 48hrs. In my case, 24hrs.

Clearly no one at Comcast knows this nor cares to share this, as this is an further interruption in service caused by their system, entitling a rebate. TODAY, ALL LIVE STREAMS WORK NOW.

New Poster

03/24/2019 same error appears. I reset Roku to factory settings and uploaded current Roku data l, WiFi connection and reloaded Xfinity data. Same error 00116 appears. I have a cable box for upstairs TV. Technician used a splitter to connect to TV and wireless router. Will disconnect cable to wireless router, however my concern is a loss of internet.

U.S. companies which outsource customer service to Philippines or other countries usually have poor customer service.
New Poster

I'm getting sorry something went wrong at the bottom error 00502 it let me watch movies but I can't watch live TV
New Poster

Can you help me also? Getting the same error: “Error .TVAPP-00116.”
New Poster

I am having this error the past few days too.
New Poster

I spent 30+ mins troubleshooting with xfinity via chat on Monday night. When nothing worked (rebooting and such), the tech said she put in a service ticket for me. I haven’t gotten any response since, but it’s working now on all our devices.

Maybe try that route and they’ll hopefully fix for you too?
New Poster

From my hours (yes, plural) long conversations with Comcast technical support/customer service/advanced care... (and whatever other name they want to give their departments), my understanding is that when your modem is re-set (I guess if you physically unplug and plug back in, or a service outage happens, or a lightning strike, or a multitude of other reasons), the "bridge mode" can become "enabled."  I have no technological background or skills so I cannot explain what this means... but feel free to ask the "Advanced Care" department to check all settings on your account profile and "disable the bridge mode."  I hope that works for you.  It seems to be the trick on this end.  

New Poster

I used the chat feature on the xfinity app, available online as well, I was sent to the Advanced Repair Team or something like that and spoke to Jefferson. He reset something and had me uninstall and reinstall the app. I was disconnected from the chat in the process, but it worked! Wanted to thank Jefferson. He quickly resolved a problem others failed to. I thought it may have been my tv because the app worked on my phone. One of the reps told me that it was my tv or roku. It was not. Anyway, hopefully there is enough info here to help others resolve the issue.