Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App error TVAPP-00116

New Poster

Xfinity Stream App error TVAPP-00116

I have been using the Xfinity Stream App on Roku for well over a year with no issues.  Today There were local service issues and it will pull up the schedule but when I try to go to channel I get the message  "SORRY!  Sometrhing went wrong.  Please try again later."  with an error code of TVAPP-00116.  

Anyone have solution or idea as to what the code means?  

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App error TVAPP-00116

@DMMc59 wrote:

I have been using the Xfinity Stream App on Roku for well over a year with no issues.  Today There were local service issues and it will pull up the schedule but when I try to go to channel I get the message  "SORRY!  Sometrhing went wrong.  Please try again later."  with an error code of TVAPP-00116.  

Anyone have solution or idea as to what the code means?  

when you selected the program/channel and hit the OK button, did 'WATCH' menu choice come up at the bottom? if so when you hit OK on Watch did it immediately give you that error? was there any text with the error code?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The Watch menu does come up and there is a delay of aprox 20 sec.  Then the "SORRY! Something went wrong. Please try again later." comes up in the center of screen along with the (Error.TVAPP-0016) in the lower right rand side of screen.

Expert

@DMMc59 wrote:

The Watch menu does come up and there is a delay of aprox 20 sec.  Then the "SORRY! Something went wrong. Please try again later." comes up in the center of screen along with the (Error.TVAPP-0016) in the lower right rand side of screen.

thank you for the information. The Official Employees will usually look in on threads in 2-4 days and maybe they will have a fix for this.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have been having the same issue for the last three days.

New Poster

I just signed up for Xfinity Instant TV and haven't been able to use it at all because of this same error. Calling Comcast did no good.  No one there seemed to know anything about Instant TV!  They kept giving me the runaround.  I hung up. 

New Poster

Just called Comcast again and actually got an agent that knew what he was doing! He asked what Roku model I was using and said something about a format issue.  He did some pushing of buttons and on it came!  I am happy!  Hope you all get your's working. 

Official Employee

Hi DMMc59. I can assist with troubleshooting your Xfinity Stream App error. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

ComcastJoeTru, could you please add some info about what to say to a Comcast rep if we call with this problem? I’m on my fourth agent and no one seems to know how to fix this problem. Perhaps you could give us the exact department that can fix it so we can be transferred fewer times. Thank you.
New Poster

I also had a similar problem and was told to contact Roku because it's a device issue and not an Xfinity app issue.
New Poster

Mine was definitely an Xfinity issue. I am a new customer, and Comcast's systems insisted I was waiting for a cable box. Once I activated my cable box I would be able to enable streaming. But I never intend to have a cable box. The agent had to recreate my order without a cable box. Once that was done streaming worked. But it took five agents and an hour to get there.

New Poster

Streaming is still not working with no help from Xfinity.
New Poster

A factory reset of my Roku fixed this*
New Poster

Have now called multiple times still no help. This is a ridiculous scam, xfinity has terrible service. I have now wasted multiple hours on the phone with representatives who cannot fix a thing, as well as not having tv access for three weeks now.
New Poster

After yet another call, Xifinity told me that it was a roku issue. I called Roku and did a factory reset as well as other troubleshooting methods and the app continues to not work. This is an xfinity issue!
Expert

@ospath wrote:
After yet another call, Xifinity told me that it was a roku issue. I called Roku and did a factory reset as well as other troubleshooting methods and the app continues to not work. This is an xfinity issue!

what is the model number of your roku and the firmware level installed?

Frequent Visitor

This is NOT a roku problem.  I've been suffering through numerous calls to get this fixed for me.  My problems started AFTER I returned my equipment, which I never hooked up.  I read somewhere that one user got their issue resolved by "The agent had to recreate my order without a cable box", but the support folks will NOT listen to me when I plead with them to do just that.

My xfinity streaming worked for over a year.  I returned my equipment, which had been sitting in a box in my house for all that time.  Voila - I started having this issue, not being able to watch any of the channels.

Somebody reading this, from comcast - please redo my account setup, to reflect that I do not have a cable box, so that my xfinity streaming app will work.

Expert

@alan_sobo wrote:

This is NOT a roku problem.  I've been suffering through numerous calls to get this fixed for me.  My problems started AFTER I returned my equipment, which I never hooked up.  I read somewhere that one user got their issue resolved by "The agent had to recreate my order without a cable box", but the support folks will NOT listen to me when I plead with them to do just that.

My xfinity streaming worked for over a year.  I returned my equipment, which had been sitting in a box in my house for all that time.  Voila - I started having this issue, not being able to watch any of the channels.

Somebody reading this, from comcast - please redo my account setup, to reflect that I do not have a cable box, so that my xfinity streaming app will work.

did you change your service to instant TV? if so it includes stream TV and use of 

Roku in home up to two connections and 20 hours of DVR. if you don't have equipment (x1 set top boxes) on your account then the Roku would otherwise not be allowed to stream.  At the present time the beta Roku stream channel requires that you have an x1 set top box and xfinity internet. could that be the problem?

New Poster

I am the person who wrote "The agent had to recreate my order without a cable box. Once that was done streaming worked." I do not have a cable box at all and streaming is working for me, so it is definitely possible to enable Roku streaming without having a cable box in the home or on the account.

Frequent Visitor

I wish I could achieve your outcome!
Frequent Visitor

I do have xfinity wireless, and it is a roku streaming stick that has worked for over a year, without having anything else, like a cable box, set up or connected. I returned my equipment, now cannot watch live channels in the xfinity syreaming app. ???
Expert

@Jam5600 wrote:

I am the person who wrote "The agent had to recreate my order without a cable box. Once that was done streaming worked." I do not have a cable box at all and streaming is working for me, so it is definitely possible to enable Roku streaming without having a cable box in the home or on the account.

yes as described previously that is the instant TV subscription and it includes access via Roku. 

New Poster

No this was not the problem, After spending 6 hours this week talking to various reps and doing the same troubleshooting over and over, xfinity sent a tech. They also could not fix the issue and told me to call again, which I did. Xfinity has now lost me as a customer, I am switching to AT&T and Directv. I reccomend you do the same.

Frequent Visitor

I've been told I need to go to a comcast/xfinity center and pick up a cable box.  Sigh...  I will never hook it up, but unless I have the box on my account, they do not think I have cable, and I cannot stream.  So, I will go pick up a box, and chunk it in the attic somewhere, I guess.

Stupid.

Frequent Visitor

The instant tv option costs more than if you just get a box from them, and don't hook it up.

I know - makes no sense whatsoever...

Expert

@alan_sobo wrote:

The instant tv option costs more than if you just get a box from them, and don't hook it up.

I know - makes no sense whatsoever...

do you already have xfinity internet service? if so, first month of basic cable is free on instant TV and $18/month after that for basic cable package.

Frequent Visitor

I have an internet / cable package that was cheaper than internet alone. I just wanted the internet, but I'm not stupid. Never hooked up my cable box, etc., because I stream. Then, I discovered the xfinity stream app. Used it over a year, was great for movies and live TV. Then made the mistake of sending my cable box back to comcast. Remember, I never hooked it up. As soon as they noted I no longer had the cable box, my xfinity stream app quit. Support told me I had to go get another cable box, so I picked one up this morning. Haven't been home yet, but I sure hope my streaming works now...
New Poster

Same problem.  How do we get Comcast solution?

Frequent Visitor

I had to go get a cable box from the xfinity store.  If they (Comcast) don't have a record of you having a cable box, streaming via roku over wireless will not work, unless you pay for the "TV now" service, or whatever it's called.  So - I got the cable box, my account now reflects that I've got a cable box, and the streaming works properly.  The physical cable box, by the way, is still in its shrink wrap, in a closet.  I finally got tired of trying to explain to them that I was using wireless to stream, that I'd never used the cable box to begin with, etc.  That's why I was confused - I never hooked my cable box up in the first place, but it came with my service when I first purchased my comcast deal of cable+internet (which was cheaper than just internet).  A year after that, I returned my cable box that I'd never hooked up in the first place, and my streaming quit working, and you now know the rest of the story...

New Poster

Incredible.
Thanks so much!
Diane
New Poster

I had the same problem, but after several calls and 3 hours later the problem was simple. My account for some reason had a cable card attach to it and after it was removed all was well. The cable card was stopping me from streaming. LOL

New Poster

Expert

@Pignipple wrote:

hi, have you returned all your set top boxes to Comcast and trying to use a Roku?

New Poster

Thank you.

I only use Roku boxes, no set tops.

Expert

@Dianemb wrote:

Thank you.

I only use Roku boxes, no set tops.

call 800-Comcast as select billing. ask the agent if you are subscribed to any TV service now (for example instant TV).

Regular Visitor

I have 2 TVs - one older HD with a Roku attached. <br>On that TV, I'm getting the 00116 error (not all the time). On a brand new Samsung HD Smart TV with the Xfinity App already loaded I the TV, I get an error msg TVAPP-00200. The circumstances are the same. The Xfinity App is loaded and I can get the channel directory. I select a channel, hit ok, the shows description appears with the 'watch' option. Press ok, the Channel information appears again, screen goes blank, a three blinking dot progress bar appears for want of a better description and then the error msg appears. I have no problem watching Netflix or another Network called TV Plus. Just my Xfinity channel lineup doesn't work. I tried trouble shooting it a Comcast Tech tonight for 1hr. He finally said it looked like there was some local server maintenance taking place and the ETR was 4 Am. This was at 11 pm. Sounded like a crock. I demanded a tech come out and restore us to our previous configuration with cable boxes. The wifi for my IPhone works good along with two laptops that we use frequently. It's just the Live Streaming Xfinity channels that have the problem. We moved from one side of town to another - 3 miles. Comcast suggested we use Streaming as it would save us roughly $30 a month because we no longer had to pay for the canle boxes. They assured us our channel lineup would remain the same. It didn't and to get back some of the channels we like, we had to pay for an additional News and Sports package - $28 bucks/mth. So now, I'm spending the same and I have this Streaming service which when it's working just stinks. Requires three or 4 clicks just to change channels or it doesn't work at all. It's no wonder Comcast is the most despised company in America!! I'll check to see if they still have us in the system as having cable boxes connected, but in my case, I'm not sure that's the real issue!!
Expert

@khill9267 wrote:
I have 2 TVs - one older HD with a Roku attached. <br>On that TV, I'm getting the 00116 error (not all the time). On a brand new Samsung HD Smart TV with the Xfinity App already loaded I the TV, I get an error msg TVAPP-00200. The circumstances are the same. The Xfinity App is loaded and I can get the channel directory. I select a channel, hit ok, the shows description appears with the 'watch' option. Press ok, the Channel information appears again, screen goes blank, a three blinking dot progress bar appears for want of a better description and then the error msg appears. I have no problem watching Netflix or another Network called TV Plus. Just my Xfinity channel lineup doesn't work. I tried trouble shooting it a Comcast Tech tonight for 1hr. He finally said it looked like there was some local server maintenance taking place and the ETR was 4 Am. This was at 11 pm. Sounded like a crock. I demanded a tech come out and restore us to our previous configuration with cable boxes. The wifi for my IPhone works good along with two laptops that we use frequently. It's just the Live Streaming Xfinity channels that have the problem. We moved from one side of town to another - 3 miles. Comcast suggested we use Streaming as it would save us roughly $30 a month because we no longer had to pay for the canle boxes. They assured us our channel lineup would remain the same. It didn't and to get back some of the channels we like, we had to pay for an additional News and Sports package - $28 bucks/mth. So now, I'm spending the same and I have this Streaming service which when it's working just stinks. Requires three or 4 clicks just to change channels or it doesn't work at all. It's no wonder Comcast is the most despised company in America!! I'll check to see if they still have us in the system as having cable boxes connected, but in my case, I'm not sure that's the real issue!!

the no x1 set top box equipment Instant TV has some limitations. only 2 tuners are available to use to record and only 2 devices can be used at one time. with X1 set top box equipment you can stream on up to 5 devices at the same time.

Frequent Visitor

Go to your xfinity store. Tell them you're there to pick up a cable box. Take the cable box and remote home, and stick it in the closet somewhere. I guarantee you won't have any more problems streaming. I know it's stupid. It is what it is...
New Poster

Has anyone figured this out yet called 4 times and tech was sent out still not working 

Expert

@Jodihartwell wrote:

Has anyone figured this out yet called 4 times and tech was sent out still not working 

do you have an active working X1 set top box in your home? still have xfinity internet service? 

New Poster

Got the same error after retuning my cable boxes (never hooked up). Rokus worked fine for a week that I had the cable boxes sitting in the shipping boxes.

Was just told by the customer service girl that I need at least 1 box tied to the account. Doesn't matter that I'm using "customer owned equipment", there MUST be 1 box on the account. Can be sitting in the shipping box in the garage, but there has to be a box.

Makes no sense., but whatever. My purpose in using the ROKU was to not have to run coax everywhere but guess I have to go back and get a box -- to sit in the box -- in the garage -- so Comcast can charge me for a box -- that I don't need.

Expert

@k80klay wrote:

Got the same error after retuning my cable boxes (never hooked up). Rokus worked fine for a week that I had the cable boxes sitting in the shipping boxes.

Was just told by the customer service girl that I need at least 1 box tied to the account. Doesn't matter that I'm using "customer owned equipment", there MUST be 1 box on the account. Can be sitting in the shipping box in the garage, but there has to be a box.

Makes no sense., but whatever. My purpose in using the ROKU was to not have to run coax everywhere but guess I have to go back and get a box -- to sit in the box -- in the garage -- so Comcast can charge me for a box -- that I don't need.

you can have a set top box-less service.  call 800-Comcast and select customer service. no set top box service is called instant TV and includes a 20 hour 2 user cloud DVR.

New Poster

In case you still have the same error message even with a set-top box, call Comcast Support and ask them to "refresh" your account.  This finally solved my problem after trying multiple reboots, Roku reset, Xfinity log out, etc.  

New Poster

I been having problems with getting xfinity streaming to work properly with my Roku systems three total. Had service out and replaced our modem I got two of the Roku units working but my Hisense Roku TV give me the error code tvapp-00116 can you help

Expert

@Km6df wrote:

I been having problems with getting xfinity streaming to work properly with my Roku systems three total. Had service out and replaced our modem I got two of the Roku units working but my Hisense Roku TV give me the error code tvapp-00116 can you help

the beta stream may not currently support your Roku TV (not listed at the main Roku thread https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/XFINITY-Stream-on-Roku/td-p/2834869 )

New Poster

I have the same problem with the Xfinity streeming on Roku.  I have plain internet, no cable service.  I should be able to get this working.  Does anyone know if AT&T have a similar program and if it works with Roku? 

So far, my experince with Xfinity has not been good and now I see that I can't get the service that I believed I could get.  It may be time to change. 

Xfinity, can you come up with a solution other than going to another provider? 

Expert

@MedicRene wrote:

I have the same problem with the Xfinity streeming on Roku.  I have plain internet, no cable service.  I should be able to get this working.  Does anyone know if AT&T have a similar program and if it works with Roku? 

So far, my experince with Xfinity has not been good and now I see that I can't get the service that I believed I could get.  It may be time to change. 

Xfinity, can you come up with a solution other than going to another provider? 

the roku beta stream app requires that you have a subscription to some level of cable TV or instant tV service. Why would you expect free cable service using the Stream beta (free to current subscribers)?

New Poster

We have had the same problem. We tried unplugging the Roku to reset it. It turns out that our Roku stick needed updating. Go to settings, system, updates. I hope this helps all of you! It worked for us.