Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App buffering all broadcast originated tv networks

New Poster

Xfinity Stream App buffering all broadcast originated tv networks

Topic says it all.  Powering down IPAD Pro, reinstalling app, anything else I can think of....not helping.  The app has become nearly useless.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream App buffering all broadcast originated tv networks

Same for me.

New Poster

Watching live tv on ipad,iPhone at home with xfinity app continuously buffers. I tried three different iPads and different iPhones. I tried hd channels and non hd channels. Both buffer. On demand programs seem ok. YouTube is ok. Only seems to be live tv. This issue started about a month ago. Never had the issue before and my equipment is the same. What’s the fix?

New Poster

I'm having the same problem on three different ios devices. Makes the  app virtually useless. 

Expert

@JimK7 wrote:

Watching live tv on ipad,iPhone at home with xfinity app continuously buffers. I tried three different iPads and different iPhones. I tried hd channels and non hd channels. Both buffer. On demand programs seem ok. YouTube is ok. Only seems to be live tv. This issue started about a month ago. Never had the issue before and my equipment is the same. What’s the fix?

It looks to me like the buffer was not coded large enough to handle live tv using the app. This problem is similar to the buffer first coded in the "Ultra HD Sampler" app. They did correct that problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the same issue. This only happens with local networks. Another thread mentioned that the networks were trying to force users to use their own apps so I tried downloading and watching through the NBC app and sure enough it worked just fine. So will comcast fix this issue or just let us all migrate to the network apps. It's kind of a hassle if you like to flip between different networks for local news coverage. 

Expert

@JrunMckelvey wrote:

I have the same issue. This only happens with local networks. Another thread mentioned that the networks were trying to force users to use their own apps so I tried downloading and watching through the NBC app and sure enough it worked just fine. So will comcast fix this issue or just let us all migrate to the network apps. It's kind of a hassle if you like to flip between different networks for local news coverage. 

I have been using the NBC app for about 6 months now. NBC and Comcast are part of the same corporate group. The app had some early problems. It could freeze when switing between commercials and the program you could be watching.

The real advantage of using this app (or others) is that they are delivered IPV. That means we now see 1080p (Blu-Ray quality) . NBC is otherwise 1080i. local 1080i channels get poor upscaling through Comcast equipment in MPEG2, versus a better job for 720p channels using MPEG4.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Set the show you want to watch to record on your TV and then watch the recording on the stream app. This the only thing that works for me.