Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App Saves 2 Channels to Favorites List When Attempting to Save Only 1 Channel

Contributor

Xfinity Stream App Saves 2 Channels to Favorites List When Attempting to Save Only 1 Channel

Examples:

If I save only channel 112 (American Heroes Channel) to my favorites list, I end up with 2 entries on the list as follows:

112 American Heros Channel

1480 American Heros Channel

This anomoly happens when saving any channel (below 1000) that has a duplicate channel entry (above 1000). The same thing happens in reverse. If I saved only channel 1480, I would also get channel 112 save as a duplicate favorite. 

In summary, if I save 50 channels as favorites, I don't want to browse through 100 channels. This anomoly needs to be fixed so that "only" the channel you select get saved as a favorite.

Thank you!

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App Saves 2 Channels to Favorites List When Attempting to Save Only 1 Channel

@NJGroundHog wrote:

Examples:

If I save only channel 112 (American Heroes Channel) to my favorites list, I end up with 2 entries on the list as follows:

112 American Heros Channel

1480 American Heros Channel

This anomoly happens when saving any channel (below 1000) that has a duplicate channel entry (above 1000). The same thing happens in reverse. If I saved only channel 1480, I would also get channel 112 save as a duplicate favorite. 

In summary, if I save 50 channels as favorites, I don't want to browse through 100 channels. This anomoly needs to be fixed so that "only" the channel you select get saved as a favorite.

Thank you!

currently Comcast creates a virtual channel (4 digits) to allow customers to view neighborhoods of channels sequentially (like news, sports). the 4 digit number in most cases is a duplicate 'reference' to the regular channel. When you select either your are actually selecting 'both' since they are in fact the same identical channel. sorry for the inconvenience. note that for some channels (1115 for example) the only channel is the 4 digit channel so there is no other channel added when you favorite that channel.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream App Saves 2 Channels to Favorites List When Attempting to Save Only 1 Channel

Thank you for that detailed response; however, Comcast should be able to easily address this anomoly relative to a single favorite selection. Also, I do understand the intent of the neighborhood options and that is exactly why i wanted to start using it exclusively. IMHO, Comcast should be able to easily address this issue.

Regular Contributor

Sounds like a design flaw and overall bad coding. When you create a favorites list you shouldn't see 2 or 3 copies of the same channel when you only select one. It is now 2019 and this bug has not been fixed. Good thing I am using Tivo boxes for my TVs. If I had to deal with that nonsense on every box I would switch providers.