Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App In-home without Xfinity Internet?!

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Stream App In-home without Xfinity Internet?!

I have Xfinity TV service without internet and many of my shows and channels on the Stream apps (both online and phone apps) says I need to connect to inhome wifi to use, however I don't have Xfinity internet. Why is this happening? Almost everything I try to watch says inhome wifi, even on my pay channels like Starz and showtime. What's the point of paying for TV service if I can't watch my channels online whereever I go? Xfinity advertises the feature not me...

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App In-home without Xfinity Internet?!

@bdrangel wrote:

I have Xfinity TV service without internet and many of my shows and channels on the Stream apps (both online and phone apps) says I need to connect to inhome wifi to use, however I don't have Xfinity internet. Why is this happening? Almost everything I try to watch says inhome wifi, even on my pay channels like Starz and showtime. What's the point of paying for TV service if I can't watch my channels online whereever I go? Xfinity advertises the feature not me...

you  can add an x1 set top box or swap your box for an X1 set top box and have internet installed to receive streaming benefits. It has been many years since I made the jump and it is very nice to have 6 tuners (per DVR) plus 60 hours cloud recording space per account DVR. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!