Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App - Amazon Fire TV

New Poster

Xfinity Stream App - Amazon Fire TV

Any timeline for making Xfinity Stream App available on Amazon Fire TV?

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App - Amazon Fire TV

@sheltonandwill wrote:

this article may interest you Smiley Happy https://www.fastcompany.com/90205212/comcast-is-totally-ok-with-you-not-having-an-xfinity-set-top-bo...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@sheltonandwill wrote:

this article may interest you Smiley Happy https://www.fastcompany.com/90205212/comcast-is-totally-ok-with-you-not-having-an-xfinity-set-top-bo...

Good article. Thank you for sharing.

From the article:

'Strauss says his product team is actively developing the X1 interface for additional platforms to roll out over the next year. (The big remaining TV platforms are Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Vizio’s SmartCast OS, and various gaming consoles.)'

New Poster

I had an Xfinity rep come to my door a couple of weekends ago. He was trying to get me to go with their internet and apparently didn’t know we already had it. We struck up a convo and he told me that it would be available for the Firestick in January 2019. Don’t know how true it is but I have my fingers crossed.

Regular Contributor

@Laceysuarez wrote:

I had an Xfinity rep come to my door a couple of weekends ago. He was trying to get me to go with their internet and apparently didn’t know we already had it. We struck up a convo and he told me that it would be available for the Firestick in January 2019. Don’t know how true it is but I have my fingers crossed.

I will definitely check out XFinity Stream again once it is available on Amazon FireTV!

Thanks for the info.

New Poster

Looks like it’s available now
New Poster

Not on my Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV stick...
Highlighted
New Poster

The app has been available, but it isn’t compatible with the Firestick or Fire tv. It updated Nov. 28, but still shows as incompatible with those devices.

New Poster

And what really angers me is every time Xfinity calls to try and get me to upgrade my constantly problematic internet, they tell me it is compatible. Wrong!

New Poster

Why are there no dates to see when these comments are posted there is still no Xfinity streaming app for the fire TV years and years and years we've waited what gives

New Poster

The date is right above the subject line on each post.
Administrator

***VALIDATED BEST ANSWER AS OF 04/2019***

All,

At this time the Xfinity Stream app is compatible with the following Amazon devices:

• Kindle Fire HD (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX WAN (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (2013)
  • Fire HD 6 (2014)
  • Fire HD 7 (2014)
  • Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2014)
  • Fire HDX 8.9 (2014)
  • Fire HD 10 (2015)
  • Fire HD 8 (2015)
  • Fire (2015)
  • Fire HD 8 (2016)
  • Fire Phone

Supported Xfinity Stream App Versions
To access and watch all content, including content available to watch when out-of-home, Xfinity Stream app version 4.11.0 or later is required. Please visit the Amazon App Store to download the latest version.

To learn more about the Xfinity Steam App Minimum System Requirements, see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/#Amazon

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

@ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

The Xfinity Stream app is compatible with the following Amazon devices:

• Kindle Fire HD (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX WAN (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (2013)
  • Fire HD 6 (2014)
  • Fire HD 7 (2014)
  • Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2014)
  • Fire HDX 8.9 (2014)
  • Fire HD 10 (2015)
  • Fire HD 8 (2015)
  • Fire (2015)
  • Fire HD 8 (2016)
  • Fire Phone

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/#Amazon

Thanks for this. Dang though, still no Fire TV support yet. Hope Fire TV support is coming soon!

New Poster

Comsact/Xfinity, Can you tell us when please it will work with Fire TV? 

New Poster

When is the estimated release date for the xfinity stream app for the Amazon Fire TV Cube?

Expert

@dhelsinger wrote:

When is the estimated release date for the xfinity stream app for the Amazon Fire TV Cube?

nothing has been announced so far for that device.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@dhelsinger wrote:

nothing has been announced so far for that device.

Rustyben,

Any word on just the Fire TV or Fire TV stick that you have heard?

New Poster

I too would love to get the Xfinity app for my Amazon Fire TV. I am paying extra for Xfinity streaming service so like to see it happen soon!

New Poster

Your link shows devices that are compatible but doesn't show how to install on Amazon Fire TV.. do you have a link that shows how to do this since it isn't in the Amazon app store ?

Thanks

New Poster

Good answer. These all share the same Android code base as you are obviously already aware. Why then does it take forever to get this on Fire TV? Do you have any type of soft date you can provide?

New Poster

I spoke to the Comcast rep at the store he said the same thing January well it’s.January first anyword on a date yet?
New Poster

as of 30 minutes ago I was on the phone with Amazon and Comcast for several times, no apps for xfinity anytime soon, just get rid of stupid comcast, thats what I'm doing.

Contributor

"posts advises to break federal law. Post Removed"
Not illegal to use a modified app.
We pay for xfinity service, so no laws being broken.
Expert

@Zordar wrote:
"posts advises to break federal law. Post Removed"
Not illegal to use a modified app.
We pay for xfinity service, so no laws being broken.

a modified app allows the theft of services not granted by Comcast. the maker of the app would have to give written permission to modify the app, and to approve of the 'free' use of their bandwidth and video services with the modified app. If the app is not supplied by the device's actual store authorized by Comcast then the app has no such permission to be operated on that device. Stay safe and just use the very inexpensive Roku and enjoy the beta channel stream app while it is free of monthly charge.

New Poster

Comcast says yes but users say no. So, does the streaming app work with Firestick or not?

New Poster

Your list of devices is incorrect. Firetablets work but not Firesticks!

New Poster

Your list is incorrect. Firetablets work but NOT FIRESTICKS!

New Poster

And here we are. Almost March and still no fire tv support.
New Poster

This is not an answer to the question that as asked. They specifically referred to fire tv and firestick. It’s like asking for coke and saying yes we have tea. Yes it’s a drink but it’s not the same device.
New Poster

I'll take a stab at it and say the only way to get the app is to upgrade your device to a current model that already supports it. 

New Poster

As fire tv edition works with comcast?
New Poster

is the Xfinity app available on ANY streaming device? i have it on my ipad/iphone but im looking to be able to sign on somewhere like apple tv, fire stick, roku tv?    

Expert

@impressivegol wrote:

is the Xfinity app available on ANY streaming device? i have it on my ipad/iphone but im looking to be able to sign on somewhere like apple tv, fire stick, roku tv?    

there is a free beta for Roku (xfinity streaming TV beta channel). 

New Poster

April and still nothing. I guess Comcast doesn’t want our money and expects us to still use outdated clunky cable boxes. Nope.
We use PlayStation Vue for cable instead..it’s cheaper than Xfinity and they have an app on Fire TV ... because they comprehend technology.
New Poster

Unfortunately, so true. Xfinity doesn’t really seem to care about their customers.

New Poster

OR Xfinity could just make the app work with the Fire Stick and stop lying about it through customer service and their employees.

New Poster

Yes, I bought a Roku just for the APP, works great!

Been using it for several months now, but would love if it worked on firestick.

New Poster

I want to use the Instant TV option from Xfinity. I cannot get over the air with antenna. I want to use my Fire TV Stick, but Xfinity requires a mobile browser with Adobe Flash Player. Sure I could use a Roku instead. I am upset with Xfinity creating new X1 options with only 20 hours of DVR. I want to cut the cord but keep Xfinity Internet and have Instant TV. There is an Xfinity app for my Fire tablet but not my Fire TV. Come on Comcast. What makes this so hard?

New Poster

@ComcastJessie wrote:

At this time the Xfinity Stream app is compatible with the following Amazon devices:

• Fire Phone

To learn more about the Xfinity Steam App Minimum System Requirements, see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/#Amazon

It's great that Comcast is supporting 6 year old tablets and a phone that's no longer produced, but I'd love to be able to stream through my Fire TV or Fire TV Cube. There are other streaming options that do provide applications for these devices, I'm going to end up paying more for month but will at least have my devices supported.

Additionally, the response to not being able to use the Nick Jr app is to use the Xfinity Stream app - as of now neither is an option from any of these devices.

New Poster

Followed all the instructions. Needed to authenticate to Xfinity with Silk browser. Got to the main streaming menu, remote did not respond. Now I keep getting locked out saying I'm logged in. Click OK, keeps coming back. Xfinity needs to dump Adobe Flash Player. Then I can do the whole thing with the Silk browser until a true app comes, or I switch to DISH.

New Poster

Yeah those are all android devices (Fire TVs are also android devices, just a very specific version of it).

But that's why they can download the android version of xfinity stream.

I just changed my mind last second and got a built in Fire TV instead of the TV with built in Roku cause it was 100 dollars cheaper for like the same tv...I'm thinking I can just log into my xfinity stream on the web browser on my tv then full screen it (at least just for now until we get full Fire TV compatibility, though I do think it will end up being kind of annoying after awhile).
Another thing is if you have xfinity, tons of channels have their own apps so you can log into your xfinity account and get premium access to all those apps for channels you're already paying for through xfinity, so you you'd only have to use that work around for other less mainstream channels (most major networks, even all my own local news networks have their own apps).