Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Android App Audio Out of Sync

New Poster

Xfinity Stream Android App Audio Out of Sync

I recently switched to Xfinity and was excited about the Stream app but I soon noticed that there is an obvious audio sync issue. As far as I can tell, it's off by about half a second, which is noticeable enough.

At first I thought maybe it's because I was using my Bluetooth headphones but it's the same with my wired headphones or no headphones at all.

This applies to both watching live TV and recorded shows.

My tablet is more than fast enough as I frequently watch Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video without any issues whatsoever. 

My WiFi connection is also good, 802.11ac, link speed 702 mbps.

I have cleared data & cache on the Xfinity Stream app, restarted modem, router and tablet multiple times.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Android App Audio Out of Sync

Woshishei wrote:

I recently switched to Xfinity and was excited about the Stream app but I soon noticed that there is an obvious audio sync issue. As far as I can tell, it's off by about half a second, which is noticeable enough.

At first I thought maybe it's because I was using my Bluetooth headphones but it's the same with my wired headphones or no headphones at all.

This applies to both watching live TV and recorded shows.

My tablet is more than fast enough as I frequently watch Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video without any issues whatsoever. 

My WiFi connection is also good, 802.11ac, link speed 702 mbps.

I have cleared data & cache on the Xfinity Stream app, restarted modem, router and tablet multiple times.

When playing the sound on your TV's speakers only and watching CNN or Fox News do the lips match the audio?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

My TV is fine. It's only with the steam app.
Expert

Woshishei wrote:
My TV is fine. It's only with the steam app.

I tested on an ipad mini 2, iphone 7, rooted kindle fire, lg cheapo android - all were exact match to lips all were on internal speaker to the device. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

This is an app issue. Its also a desktop issue with every browser other than internet explorer. Syncs fine on internet exploer but using chrome its a half second audio lag. This issue is also occuring on the app (android) live, recorded or ondemand. Has nothing to do with tv and tv speakers
New Poster

I'm having this same sync issue on the Xfinity TV App. Its only on a few channels. MSNBC is one. I have an LG Gpad 8. The sound is off by a half second.

Regular Visitor

So is there a fix for this? Having same issue. Sound out of sync when streaming on phone and using a Bluetooth audio device?
Expert

@rnelsch wrote:
So is there a fix for this? Having same issue. Sound out of sync when streaming on phone and using a Bluetooth audio device?

the translation by the device to bluetooth and back to audio is causing the issue. most portable devices do not have a sync adjustment. wired phones or speaker audio would be in sync