Community Forum

Xfinity Beta on ROKU keeps prompting with "Activation Code", even though we are current customers

New Poster

Xfinity Beta on ROKU keeps prompting with "Activation Code", even though we are current customers

We have Comcast/Xfinity and two Roku premiere boxes, through which we access Xfinity Beta (streaming), and have without problem for several months....until two nights ago, when suddenly the Comcast/Xfinity channel continually prompted us to Begin with an "Activation Code" - as if we were brand new users/not current customers.  Have tried resetting the Roku bu unplugging it for 90 seconds, etc.
Our Xfinity account was in good standing, because we were able to watch through other devices. I've contacted Roku Customer Service and they were uselessly unhelpful.
Please advise! Thank you.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Beta on ROKU keeps prompting with "Activation Code", even though we are curren


@Amishbear wrote:

We have Comcast/Xfinity and two Roku premiere boxes, through which we access Xfinity Beta (streaming), and have without problem for several months....until two nights ago, when suddenly the Comcast/Xfinity channel continually prompted us to Begin with an "Activation Code" - as if we were brand new users/not current customers.  Have tried resetting the Roku bu unplugging it for 90 seconds, etc.
Our Xfinity account was in good standing, because we were able to watch through other devices. I've contacted Roku Customer Service and they were uselessly unhelpful.
Please advise! Thank you.


did you change out your modem/gateway?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Beta on ROKU keeps prompting with "Activation Code", even though we are curren

I am having the same issue. I did recently moved and recieved a different modem. Is there something that has to get configured in the modem. I did not have this issue at my old home with the old modem. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Expert

Re: Xfinity Beta on ROKU keeps prompting with "Activation Code", even though we are curren


@StealthSoldier wrote:
I am having the same issue. I did recently moved and recieved a different modem. Is there something that has to get configured in the modem. I did not have this issue at my old home with the old modem. Any suggestions are appreciated.

yes. do you have a smart device (apple/android) that works on your current wifi? does it work on the Xfinity Stream TV app so that you can watch live, linear (numbered) channels? 


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Beta on ROKU keeps prompting with "Activation Code", even though we are curren

Yes, I have an android device with the Xfinity Stream app. I am able to watch live tv through it without issues. Also, I do not need to login each time I open the app.
Expert

Re: Xfinity Beta on ROKU keeps prompting with "Activation Code", even though we are curren


@StealthSoldier wrote:
Yes, I have an android device with the Xfinity Stream app. I am able to watch live tv through it without issues. Also, I do not need to login each time I open the app.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Beta on ROKU keeps prompting with "Activation Code", even though we are curren

Hi Amishbear. Please try these steps:

 

  • Uninstall the App from the device.
  • Power down the device.
  • Let it stay powered down for a minute to allow the cached memory to clear from the device.
  • Power the device back up.
  • Reinstall the app.

If this still doesn't work, I'd like to refresh the entitlements on your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.