Community Forum

XFinity Stream App on Samsung TV not playing DVR Recordings

New Poster

XFinity Stream App on Samsung TV not playing DVR Recordings

Hi guys.

I recently downloaded the XFinity Stream Beta app on my Samsung TV (NU7100). For some reason, none of my DVR recordings are playing on this app. When I try to play it, it’s a black screen for a few seconds and eventually I get an error message saying “Sorry, something went wrong. Error code: TVAPP-00300.” I can watch live channels and things on demand perfectly on the TV but the recordings don’t work at all.

I have tried to access the same recordings on my iphone and online, and they work. They only don’t play on the Samsung Xfinity app. Why is that?

Someone please tell me how I can fix this issue?
Expert

Re: XFinity Stream App on Samsung TV not playing DVR Recordings

@MM12346 wrote:
Hi guys.

I recently downloaded the XFinity Stream Beta app on my Samsung TV (NU7100). For some reason, none of my DVR recordings are playing on this app. When I try to play it, it’s a black screen for a few seconds and eventually I get an error message saying “Sorry, something went wrong. Error code: TVAPP-00300.” I can watch live channels and things on demand perfectly on the TV but the recordings don’t work at all.

I have tried to access the same recordings on my iphone and online, and they work. They only don’t play on the Samsung Xfinity app. Why is that?

Someone please tell me how I can fix this issue?

try removing the app from the TV menu and then unplug your TV from AC power for 2-3 minutes then plug back in, reinstall the app and sign in. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I’ve tried this a few times. Called XFinity as well but with no solution unfortunately. Is there anything else to try?
Expert

@MM12346 wrote:
I’ve tried this a few times. Called XFinity as well but with no solution unfortunately. Is there anything else to try?

make a 'new' hot (hit record button) on a channel and let the recording complete. then run the beta stream app and see if the recording shows up on the list.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!