Community Forum

XFINITY TV APP

Highlighted
New Poster

XFINITY TV APP

Hey I recently downloaded the xfinity app on my Iphone and I am watching a tv show and I run to a episode that says it can only be watch on home wifi but I know for sure my phone is connected to my home wifi. So I went online on a computer to try to watch the episode but it still says I'm not connected to the home network but my computer is connected with an ethernet cable. If anyone has a solution to this please reply back and thank you.

Expert

Re: XFINITY TV APP

HanhN wrote:

Hey I recently downloaded the xfinity app on my Iphone and I am watching a tv show and I run to a episode that says it can only be watch on home wifi but I know for sure my phone is connected to my home wifi. So I went online on a computer to try to watch the episode but it still says I'm not connected to the home network but my computer is connected with an ethernet cable. If anyone has a solution to this please reply back and thank you.

As a customer we, your account information/equipment list is not available. Do you subscribe to home Internet service and the X1 Entertainment service? If so, a good test is to run the Xfinity MyAccount app and select the internet tab. does your modem show up on that tab?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

It shows the Voice and Data Modem and when I click on it, it says status unavailable, which I think is correct because I use my own modem not the one comcast gave me. But I don't see my modem that I use.

Expert

HanhN wrote:

It shows the Voice and Data Modem and when I click on it, it says status unavailable, which I think is correct because I use my own modem not the one comcast gave me. But I don't see my modem that I use.

looks like we lucked into the problem on the first go-around. The modem has its own ID called a MAC address (on the bottom of the modem that you are using. Just call into 877-896-8678 and let them know you are using your own modem and want the MAC Id entered on your account so you can use your Cloud DVR features. Sometimes you will be routed to a call-taking center that may have to refer you to the billing department to make the change. Once they make the change a bit later the myAccount app will show your equipment. You didn't state the brand and model so if you reply with that info from your modem that you use, the volunteers here can perhaps share more advice.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

motorola n300 | 300 dual band docsis 3.0 cable modem

Expert

HanhN wrote:

motorola n300 | 300 dual band docsis 3.0 cable modem

I'd take a phone picture of that modem's MAC ID label and then call 877-896-8678 and ask them to update your x1 account to that exact modem. They may refer you to billing if not an in-country call center. When they update it, a minute or few minutes later the myAccount app will show the proper modem/ and MAC ID address. Then try the app and see if your in home error comes up. For mobile apps after the update you may have to turn off/on the wifi radio or force close the xfinity TV app so it will 'refresh' and determine you are on your home wifi.