Community Forum

XFINITY Stream on Roku

New Poster

Re: App Store Replies - Xfinity Stream Mobile App Troubleshooting

ive tried on ipad, iphone and pc, doesnt work in any of hem....ive installed and unistlled the app many many times and nothing....

Expert

@Oj2ad wrote:

ive tried on ipad, iphone and pc, doesnt work in any of hem....ive installed and unistlled the app many many times and nothing....

let's pick one device and get it working first. how is the PC connected to your home internet?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Roku/Xfinity Stream Beta Not Working

No error message just doesn't work.
New Poster

ok...appreciate the help....i need it in the ipad, internet is thru comcast too, or xfinity is all in one package, with over 100Mbps...

Expert

@buddy2penny wrote:
No error message just doesn't work.

did you try using a smart device while connected to the same wifi router? did the stream app work normally on that device?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@Oj2ad wrote:

ok...appreciate the help....i need it in the ipad, internet is thru comcast too, or xfinity is all in one package, with over 100Mbps...

what is the model number of your ipad (need generation number). have you tried to uninstall the xfinity stream TV app and reinstall it?

New Poster

While my issues doesn't seem as severe as everyone else's so far, It is just as frustrating when you'retrying to watch your recorded shows. Using the app on either my iPhone 8 or brand new Samsung Tablet, videos stop after 5 mins and freeze. Have to either restart the app or close it all the way and relaunch the app to watch the video, Happens over and over again throughout the video or live stream regardless of what wifi I am connected to. Any advice?

New Poster

I apologize if I missed a post describing this issue.  I’ve had a mostly positive experience with the stream app running it on an iPad Pro for last year or so.  However, the last few weeks has been maddening with watching recordings in progress on DVR through the cloud.

Best that I can tell is that now, as soon as the DVR recording hits completion, the stream app is responding by jumping the recording forward X amount of time during playback (!)

In almost every case this has been an NBA playoff game going from first quarter to end of fourth... roughly a two-hour jump. I’m sure this might invoke laughter from non-sports fans, but it is nasty and there is obviously no warning.  This, combined with the lost ability to record from app (I know the reasons), has made the service and comcast grow increasingly expendable to me and looking at other options.

I admit I haven’t opened a trouble ticket yet... but in the meantime, has anyone else experienced this?

Expert

@PortlandDon1 wrote:

I apologize if I missed a post describing this issue.  I’ve had a mostly positive experience with the stream app running it on an iPad Pro for last year or so.  However, the last few weeks has been maddening with watching recordings in progress on DVR through the cloud.

Best that I can tell is that now, as soon as the DVR recording hits completion, the stream app is responding by jumping the recording forward X amount of time during playback (!)

In almost every case this has been an NBA playoff game going from first quarter to end of fourth... roughly a two-hour jump. I’m sure this might invoke laughter from non-sports fans, but it is nasty and there is obviously no warning.  This, combined with the lost ability to record from app (I know the reasons), has made the service and comcast grow increasingly expendable to me and looking at other options.

I admit I haven’t opened a trouble ticket yet... but in the meantime, has anyone else experienced this?

unfortunately this is a regional problem. there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

New Poster

Stream Beta and Recording

I have hooked up my Roku Ultra and i must say that the picture quality is great, and all the channels are available for viewing? Now the huge downside as far as i can tell is the inability to record a program and pause Live Tv? Those really need to be added , or at least the record option? 

New Poster

Re: Roku

Was this answered?  Xfinity is not available where I have a second home.  I Can watch programming on a laptop but not TVs Roku download of app says I must use an Xfinity WiFi to watch on big screen TV -  not as advertised

Expert

@Notsavvy wrote:

Was this answered?  Xfinity is not available where I have a second home.  I Can watch programming on a laptop but not TVs Roku download of app says I must use an Xfinity WiFi to watch on big screen TV -  not as advertised

a desk/laptop using hdmi and TV as a second monitor or using chromecast from the chrome browser is only way to play on TV outside the home. 

Frequent Visitor

So far this week I have had trouble watching shows from my phone using the App. Apparently this has been an ongoing issue with other customers. It either takes a while to start after clicking on a recorded program, or after it does start, it freezes up, plays freezes up etc. I've restarted the modem, my phone, cleared the cache on the browser, did the 'sync DVR' thing, still does it. Apparently the problem is with Comcast as I can watch Netflix on my phone with no issues. Maybe Comcast should spend a billion dollars working on their system instead of buying up other companies.
Frequent Visitor

so i have version 2.4 beta 8 and the record function is working. I noticed it yesterday. Anybody hear anything about the lawsuit or why this is enabled now?

Expert

@racerx2 wrote:

so i have version 2.4 beta 8 and the record function is working. I noticed it yesterday. Anybody hear anything about the lawsuit or why this is enabled now?

since it is only available in the home the feature must have just been activated in the Roku (it replaces a set top box in the home and the app only works in the home)

Frequent Visitor

i hope that is the case. In any regard though i am happy it is on like it SHOULD be seeing as it was the reason I signed up for 2 years and got the TV,Internet,DVR in the first place about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I was talking with other people in another thread. It was sugested that maybe I should of not said anything about the recording feature being turned on because now that it is public they may just turn it off again when people get wind of it being available. I do hope your explaination is the right one it makes more sense to me. But then I think why wasn't it turned on in the beginning 3 or 4 weeks ago and it was just available to me yesterday. (suspicious)

Frequent Visitor

hummm suspicious again. as of this post all my rokus reset in the house and i had to re-authorize them. Recording feature still available lets see where this goes........

New Poster

Xfinity beta stream Roku

Noticed that switching between LIVE channels have been sluggish and slow in recent days. Just noticed in the last week of this change. There is approximately a 10second delay when I press the button to try to change the channels to the cursor actually moving. Doesn’t seem to be affecting the SAVED dvr items though. Please help with info or an update. Thanks!!
New Poster

Where did all the premium moveis go?

I have Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax in my package and today I noticed I cannot find any movies or shows from these channels on the Roku app. What happened?

Expert

Re: Where did all the premium moveis go?

@rghewrh wrote:

I have Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax in my package and today I noticed I cannot find any movies or shows from these channels on the Roku app. What happened?

are you using the xfinity beta stream app on Roku? Cinemax has no Roku channel, showtime (anytime) does authenticate with your xfinity subscription. Stars has no agreement with Xfinity/Comcast to use their 3rd party app.

to find streaming content from the networks use the browse menu >> netowrks for Starz, Showtime, and Cinemax. 

New Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@rghewrh wrote:

are you using the xfinity beta stream app on Roku? Cinemax has no Roku channel, showtime (anytime) does authenticate with your xfinity subscription. Stars has no agreement with Xfinity/Comcast to use their 3rd party app.

to find streaming content from the networks use the browse menu >> netowrks for Starz, Showtime, and Cinemax. 

I am using the Xfinity Roku app. Up until yesterday it had all the content from those channels. Now it gives me nothing from those channels.

Regular Contributor

@rghewrh wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@rghewrh wrote:

I am using the Xfinity Roku app. Up until yesterday it had all the content from those channels. Now it gives me nothing from those channels.

Do you see the shows on the App or Website? I mention this because just recently we lost a whole bunch of content on our streaming service. I called Customer Service and they had to 're-sync' my account information. It took them just a few minutes, and all our content reappeared across all devices.

Please note, the 're-sync' did not involve rebooting our modem. The 're-sync' was something Comcast did completely on their side on the back end.

Hope that helps.

New Poster

@DKPeppard wrote:

@rghewrh wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@rghewrh wrote:

Do you see the shows on the App or Website? I mention this because just recently we lost a whole bunch of content on our streaming service. I called Customer Service and they had to 're-sync' my account information. It took them just a few minutes, and all our content reappeared across all devices.

Please note, the 're-sync' did not involve rebooting our modem. The 're-sync' was something Comcast did completely on their side on the back end.

Hope that helps.

I'll have to give that a shot. The channels are not showing up on the app or website.

New Poster

I just started having the same issue this afternoon. Roku keeps saying "This Device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like". 

Why is this error happening? How can I get it fixed?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity beta stream Roku

I have the same issue as @Seattle2 (very slow to change between channels for live TV) on two different Roku sticks in my house and I also tested it on a Sharp Roku TV.  It is to the point where, for me, the app is almost unusable.  I thought maybe it had something to do with the new firmware for my Netgear (Nighthawk) router, but I backed the firmware up a level and it wasn't that. 

To expand on what the original poster said, it is not just switching between channels that is slow, it is also the loading of the channel list (either All Channels or Favorite Channels), that seems to take forever and sometimes does not complete at all.

Regular Contributor

@rghewrh wrote:

@DKPeppard wrote:

@rghewrh wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@rghewrh wrote:

Hope that helps.

I'll have to give that a shot. The channels are not showing up on the app or website.

For whatever reason, 24 hours after Comcast fixed our issue, we lost all our content again. I had to call again and have them fix it. They told me they wanted to report our issue to 'advanced services' or something like that. I presume it was the equivelant of tier 2 support. When I talked to the gal at tier 2, I had difficulty communicating with the gal, plus she was not listening to what I was saying (or not understanding). Keep in mind, we've had the Comcast streaming service since May 10, 2018 with no issues.

She said she understood I was having streaming issues and wanted to send a line tech out to our house. I told her we are not having any internet trouble. The fix was performed on Comcast's side, nothign on mine. We never even rebooted my modem. She was not getting it and insisted a line person come out to evaluate our signal because that somehow correlates to our account info 'mismatch' on the backend. I told her thank you, but I don't want a line person to come out. There is nothing wrong with our internet.

It has now been another 48 hours and our content is still all there, so we'll just keep an eye on it. Hopefully this was just some fluke and Comcast got our account straightened out with the second call.

Hope this info helps others.

Expert

@ColinM wrote:

I just started having the same issue this afternoon. Roku keeps saying "This Device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like". 

Why is this error happening? How can I get it fixed?

on a smart device run the Xfinity my account app. touch the internet tab. select the modem and verify the 'serial number" shown matches exactly the number on the actual modem that you are using for data. be sure that your connection for the Roku is connected to the wifi attached to that modem/gateway.

New Poster

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

I love it. There are only flaws. You can not see FF or RW progress. You don’t know what segment to stop. The other one is from the tv list you can not enter the channel, you have to scroll all channels. These 2 things resolved and it’s a 10 for me.
New Poster

when using my Xfinity stream mobile application to watch my recordings and on demand shows my video is skipping. it skips every 30 seconds to 1 minute and it skips a significant amount of the show. I have tested this on my recordings that I downloaded to my device and it does the same. When I watch the recording on my TV it is normal. I have quit and done the latest update for the application.
Expert

@krayZA wrote:
when using my Xfinity stream mobile application to watch my recordings and on demand shows my video is skipping. it skips every 30 seconds to 1 minute and it skips a significant amount of the show. I have tested this on my recordings that I downloaded to my device and it does the same. When I watch the recording on my TV it is normal. I have quit and done the latest update for the application.

there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

Regular Visitor

In the past week, when playing back recorded shows from Hallmark channel, there is no audio after 3-5 seconds on tablets, phones and laptops. Playback on tv does have audio. HELP please.
Expert

@tf424 wrote:
In the past week, when playing back recorded shows from Hallmark channel, there is no audio after 3-5 seconds on tablets, phones and laptops. Playback on tv does have audio. HELP please.

there are several open Hallmark channel threads. streaming channel has a problem no estimated date of repair.

Frequent Visitor

I agree about the channel scrolling, although there are some things you can do to help:

(1) Set up Favorites and scroll through that shorter list

(2) Use filters, e.g. HD

(3) Use the * to bring up a window where you can type in a channel #

Regular Contributor

@BBurgDave wrote:

I agree about the channel scrolling, although there are some things you can do to help:

(1) Set up Favorites and scroll through that shorter list

(2) Use filters, e.g. HD

(3) Use the * to bring up a window where you can type in a channel #

Thank you for the tips!

Frequent Visitor

The problem started about a week ago.  Today (6/11/18) is a typical example:

- Playing back programs from yesterday (on my pc - ethernet connected) and early this morning I encountered no problems.

- At 16:05 when I went to watch the Giants game live on comcast bay area the playback started hanging up and skipping.  The program was recording on the tv. The feed seemed to be accessing the recording rather than the live stream.  NOTE:  In the past when I have been on channel before the recording begins I can watch with no problems - it seems to be live stream.  If I leave the channel and come back I encounter skipping problems and it seems to be streaming from the recording.

- I went to the recording, same skipping problem, but no hanging.

- I checked a program recorded today 15:00 on PBS , same skipping problem

- I checked a program recorded yesterday, no problems encountered

- I encounter none of these problems when watching recordings on the TV.

Expert

@debbwest wrote:

The problem started about a week ago.  Today (6/11/18) is a typical example:

- Playing back programs from yesterday (on my pc - ethernet connected) and early this morning I encountered no problems.

- At 16:05 when I went to watch the Giants game live on comcast bay area the playback started hanging up and skipping.  The program was recording on the tv. The feed seemed to be accessing the recording rather than the live stream.  NOTE:  In the past when I have been on channel before the recording begins I can watch with no problems - it seems to be live stream.  If I leave the channel and come back I encounter skipping problems and it seems to be streaming from the recording.

- I went to the recording, same skipping problem, but no hanging.

- I checked a program recorded today 15:00 on PBS , same skipping problem

- I checked a program recorded yesterday, no problems encountered

- I encounter none of these problems when watching recordings on the TV. 

based on the reports from fellow customers it appears to be the DVR recordings that have the issue (cloud DVR). watching live being ok would prove that since starting to play the DVR during the recording process would have skipped areas.

New Poster

Hi, I downloaded and installed this app on my Samsung Smart TV and here is my issue: When I use the app, the sound is very faint on every channel I try. Is this something that will be improved in the future? Also, I've noticed that when I pull up the guide, it always starts at channel 2 and not at the channel you're currently on. Can that be fixed or at the very least start at an HD channel? Thank you
New Poster

DVR recordings in the app skip horribly when I try to watch them on any device that is not my television. Some recordings have frozen after I've started watching and now will not load (I get endless "buffering"). I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the issue continues. All of my other streaming apps work just fine (Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/etc).  

New Poster

Yes for the last 2 weeks all my DVR recordings from various channels skip horribly. If I play it back again they skip reliably at the same place and skip ahead to the same point. So the problem seems mto be in the recordings themselves and not in the playback device nor the network. Live streams seem to be OK, but almost all the probgrams I watch are from the DVR so this is a big problem. Hope Comcast fixes this soon...

New Poster

I am unable to actually watch anything on my xfinity stream beta roku app. There is no option to watch it. It lets me go to the episodes and acts like it will let me watch it, but then gives me no option to play the episode. I tried using the play/pause button on my roku remote and it still didnt work.
Expert

there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

Expert

@Barewoolf wrote:
I am unable to actually watch anything on my xfinity stream beta roku app. There is no option to watch it. It lets me go to the episodes and acts like it will let me watch it, but then gives me no option to play the episode. I tried using the play/pause button on my roku remote and it still didnt work.

using your Roku menu remove the channel (xfinity) and reinstall the channel and login. working?

Regular Contributor

@Barewoolf wrote:

We had the same thing happen to us recently, and affected our Roku, Xfinity Stream app on our mobile device, and the XFinity Streaming on the web. I had to call Support and they 're-sync'd' our account on their side, then all of our programming started functioning again on all playback options. We did NOT have to restart our modem.

Hope this helps.

New Poster

Is Xfinity stream the same as Xfinity stream beta? I just had comcast internet installed with Xfinity streaming. however, it’s not working on my smart TV that has Roku. It’s telling me that I have to upgrade to Xfinity TV. I thought you can stream on your mobile device your computer or your smart TV. Why do I have to upgrade? Please help me understand. Or have I get been had
Expert

@Adell_gaines wrote:
Is Xfinity stream the same as Xfinity stream beta? I just had comcast internet installed with Xfinity streaming. however, it’s not working on my smart TV that has Roku. It’s telling me that I have to upgrade to Xfinity TV. I thought you can stream on your mobile device your computer or your smart TV. Why do I have to upgrade? Please help me understand. Or have I get been had

go to the first post on this thread (https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/XFINITY-Stream-on-Roku/td-p/2834869) and see if your TV model number is listed. the beta is the app used on Roku which implements the stream app features on that device. The Roku connects directly to a TV (or is a part of the TV). when out of beta there will be a monthly charge for the Roku devices but no monthly amount has yet been announced.

New Poster

Roku can't install Xfinity App

I was told by the sales guy that I can use my Roku to stream Xfinity. I even asked if my older model would work he said it should. The app shows up and when I press add channel it says: channel install failed. Could not add Xfinity Stream Beta. My Roku model says 2720X Roku 2. Software version 8.1.0 build 4131-06.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Roku can't install Xfinity App

@Sabsemn wrote: ... Roku model says 2720X Roku 2. ...

The "available on" list on https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku does not include that model.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue. My Xfinity Stream not working on my Roku. Its been working great for about 4 mths. Also not working on Ipad, Iphone, or desktop PC. Has anybody found a fix?

Regular Visitor

Did you get this issue fixed?With the Xfinity stream and Roku.Mine was working also now nothing on Roku

Expert

@bjenkins53 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. My Xfinity Stream not working on my Roku. Its been working great for about 4 mths. Also not working on Ipad, Iphone, or desktop PC. Has anybody found a fix?

are you getting an error message?