Community Forum

XFINITY Stream on Roku

New Poster

Re: ESPN channels on Roku Xfinity app are blocked

I am having a similar problem with Roku Xfinity Beta App and Xfinity Stream on PC w/Browser.   All ESPN channels are only available in standard definition.   All other available channels will display in HD.  They also automatically tune to HD if the channels are available. 

I have tried tuning into both SD and HD channels for ESPN and I only recieve in SD format for any ESPN channel.

Frequent Visitor

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

Need an option to make Live TV the default when the Roku app is opened. Otherwise, it's great!
Contributor

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku - Starz

I'm not sure what changed, but I'm finally getting Starz in HD using the Roku.  This is definitely a step up in quality.

New Poster

Getting the same thing here. All other Roku channels are fine
Expert

Smoreeng wrote:
Getting the same thing here. All other Roku channels are fine

since you did not quote another post, your post has no standalone problem stated. What problem/issue do you have with the Roku and Xfinity Stream TV app?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Roku Beta Watch Last No Longer Working

I get a DRM-3 error. Is their a known fix? 

Expert

Re: Roku Beta Watch Last No Longer Working

pchristy wrote:

I get a DRM-3 error. Is their a known fix? 

Hi, I moved your post to the Roku mega-thread. the DRM-3 is removed by a process of having your device disappear from the system. The DRM-3 apparently means the device is blocked by one of the devices in the path from Xfinity to your TV. To fix, log out of your account on the Xfinity Stream TV app on the Roku and uninstall the app. Unplug the Roku device from the TV and remove power from the Roku for 30 seconds or so. Plug back into the TV, download the app again and log in. working now?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

Re: roku app error (drm.-3)

Hello @Rjohnson1234. Have you had the chance to try the suggestions provided, to see if that clears up your issue? 

• Seleneg Wrote: "I was getting this error. I uninstalled and it was still happening. I logged out, uninstalled, unplugged the roku and plugged it back in and reinstalled. This worked for me."
Frequent Visitor

when will the Apple TV version come?

New Poster

Agree with this Xfinity customer. We are already paying for the service so we should be able to watch via Roku from anywhere for no additional charge. Even in the beta app, I got an error message that I cannot use this service outside of my Xfinity home network. This is ridiculous, why would I need/want to use Roku when I can watch my cable at home.

New Poster

This happens to me too. Agree, it is very annoying and needs to be fixed.

Contributor

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku - Variable resolution on demand movies

When I browse for on demand movies such as from TCM, many movies are come in fine but a number seem to come in at very low resolution (sub-360). For example TCM currently is showing "Woman of the Year," and it is terrible to watch. But then I select a movie right next to it and it comes in just fine (1080).

Expert

kkuhl7 wrote:

Agree with this Xfinity customer. We are already paying for the service so we should be able to watch via Roku from anywhere for no additional charge. Even in the beta app, I got an error message that I cannot use this service outside of my Xfinity home network. This is ridiculous, why would I need/want to use Roku when I can watch my cable at home.

set top box replacement (customer owned) Roku is free while in beta and will only work in home like any set top box on your account. You pay for 'outlets' (TV's). If you want an HDMI connection you can use a suitable lap/desktop computer with HDMI connector that will use the TV as a monitor. Outside of your home (while not connected to your home wifi) you can view the TVgo channels on a portable smart device or via a browser using the Xfinity streaming website.

Expert

kkuhl7 wrote:

This happens to me too. Agree, it is very annoying and needs to be fixed.

since you did not quote the post to which you are replying, it is impossible to understand your problem. Would you reply with your problem and equipment you are using?

Frequent Visitor

Hello! It appears I finally found the right group to talk to. I'm happy with my Roku xfinity beta service and look forward to it expanding. My challenge is that I wanted to add a channel package to my existing limited channel selection and I was unable to add it myself. I reached out via chat and phone to see if they could help and I feel like either they were confused on my request or I am confused by their answer. They told me I am unable to add channels as they are not yet available in my area. Could be true. I don't actually know. Feels strange that a streaming program would have have areas of availability, but then again I'm not the expert. Hoping someone could shed some light on the situation for me. Thanks in advance!
Expert

smitty885 wrote:
Hello! It appears I finally found the right group to talk to. I'm happy with my Roku xfinity beta service and look forward to it expanding. My challenge is that I wanted to add a channel package to my existing limited channel selection and I was unable to add it myself. I reached out via chat and phone to see if they could help and I feel like either they were confused on my request or I am confused by their answer. They told me I am unable to add channels as they are not yet available in my area. Could be true. I don't actually know. Feels strange that a streaming program would have have areas of availability, but then again I'm not the expert. Hoping someone could shed some light on the situation for me. Thanks in advance!

go to this Xfinity address and after logging in you will see the channel options in packages available to your area.

Frequent Visitor

So, if I see no options listed should I conclude the information I received was correct? There are no additional channels beyond the limited basic I'm receiving?
Expert

smitty885 wrote:
So, if I see no options listed should I conclude the information I received was correct? There are no additional channels beyond the limited basic I'm receiving?

are you by chance in a condo owner's association that provides that limited basic channel lineup?

Frequent Visitor

I'm in a single family home. I was an x1 customer until recently and I had all the channels.
Expert

smitty885 wrote:
I'm in a single family home. I was an x1 customer until recently and I had all the channels.

well to get channels you would need to signup as a customer. 800-Comcast can help you with that.

Frequent Visitor

But, I am a customer... I have internet and the Xfinity stream app of which I get limited basic channels and HBO included in said package.
Expert

smitty885 wrote:
But, I am a customer... I have internet and the Xfinity stream app of which I get limited basic channels and HBO included in said package.

yes but it is a free subscription offered to Xfinity internet-only customers to let them sample what having a cable bundle experience could be like. Any package is available to install using the set top boxes or even the Instant TV from Xfinity. (no set top boxes needed, just uses your own internet).

Frequent Visitor

Ah, very good. That explains quite a bit. Thanks for information!
New Poster

Roku

Can I use my streaming tv app on my roku at a different location where there is no xfinity with my tv package

Contributor

What is the expected audlo output for XFINITY Stream on Roku?

Netflix, Vudu, and Amazon usually output at 5.1 or 7.1 audio according to my Yamaha AV.  Xfinity Streap App for Roku outputs PCM 2.0 for everything I've tried.  I thought, it used to output up to 5.1, so this might be recent change.  Are others still seeing 5.1 and 7.1 audio output?  I recently updated to Roku 8.0, so maybe Xfinity has an issue with the updated Roku OS.

Expert

Re: Roku

kreyn74 wrote:

Can I use my streaming tv app on my roku at a different location where there is no xfinity with my tv package

currently the only stream app access is from the home internet so it would not work anywhere else (Xfinity Stream app). the operation of the other apps on the Roku would not be affected.

Expert

Re: What is the expected audlo output for XFINITY Stream on Roku?

tasewell wrote:

Netflix, Vudu, and Amazon usually output at 5.1 or 7.1 audio according to my Yamaha AV.  Xfinity Streap App for Roku outputs PCM 2.0 for everything I've tried.  I thought, it used to output up to 5.1, so this might be recent change.  Are others still seeing 5.1 and 7.1 audio output?  I recently updated to Roku 8.0, so maybe Xfinity has an issue with the updated Roku OS.

for information, how is the Roku's audio getting to your receiver? Does the Roku work being plugged into the AV's HDMI inputs and then the video gets properly routed to the TV?

Contributor

Re: What is the expected audlo output for XFINITY Stream on Roku?

Rustyben wrote:

tasewell wrote:

for information, how is the Roku's audio getting to your receiver? Does the Roku work being plugged into the AV's HDMI inputs and then the video gets properly routed to the TV?

Roku <--HDMI--> AV <--HDMI--> Projector

New Poster

I keep getting this error when trying to authorize the Xfinity Beta app. I am an Xfinity tv and internet customer.
E62A15F6-D964-44F3-8BE8-BF4F695A94EA.jpeg
Expert

skmadden1 wrote:
I keep getting this error when trying to authorize the Xfinity Beta app. I am an Xfinity tv and internet customer.

just verifying.. is that a Roku? if so, would you use a smart device and run the Xfinity My Account app. select the internet tab. verify that the modem shown there serial number matches your current DOCSIS modem.

New Poster

How do I set this up correctly in my situation? I have a cable TV package and an internet package, but they are necessarily on two different accounts. (The TV account is tied to my apartment unit and will be handed back to building management if I ever move out. The internet account is tied to me personally instead. I can't combine them.) When I authorize my Roku under my TV account, it seems to recognize my TV package but says I'm not on Xfinity internet (though I am) and makes me exit the app. When I authorize my Roku under my internet account, it seems happy until I actually try to watch anything at all, and then says a "subscription" is required. (Even for local Network Affiliate channels). Thanks.

New Poster

Love the Xfinity stream app on phone and tablet, but this add about Roku is misleading. I travel on business regularly and purchased a Roku specifically for this app. I did the log in. Got a message that the app is only available if connected to my home Xfinity wifi! If that is the case, then the Xfinity stream app on Roku is useless.  Called xfinity help, they had no answer. Tried mirroring my phone to TV both via a device connected to my phone via Bluetooth as well as connecting phone directly to the tv with an adapter and a HDMI cable. Got a ridiculous message requiring I disconnect from the device if I want to stream. I don't understand why Xfinity is restricting me to watch only on a phone, tablet, or laptop. For the amount of money I pay for my cable, ability to mirror to a larger screen is a small ask!

Expert

LacMac wrote:

Love the Xfinity stream app on phone and tablet, but this add about Roku is misleading. I travel on business regularly and purchased a Roku specifically for this app. I did the log in. Got a message that the app is only available if connected to my home Xfinity wifi! If that is the case, then the Xfinity stream app on Roku is useless.  Called xfinity help, they had no answer. Tried mirroring my phone to TV both via a device connected to my phone via Bluetooth as well as connecting phone directly to the tv with an adapter and a HDMI cable. Got a ridiculous message requiring I disconnect from the device if I want to stream. I don't understand why Xfinity is restricting me to watch only on a phone, tablet, or laptop. For the amount of money I pay for my cable, ability to mirror to a larger screen is a small ask!

the Roku can run the Stream TV app while connected to the home wifi only. The purpose of the app is to allow you to not have an additional set top box (owned) and is currently free. Any of your smart devices can view all of your recordings, much of the on-demand library, and any of the TVgo channels. Also you can download completed recordings onto your smart devices (android and iOS).

Contributor

Just remember that at some point, Comcast/Xfinity will charge almost the same as the rentasl fee they require you to use, to use this app. So if you already have boxes, this app will not save you money in the future.
Regular Contributor

asndad wrote:
Just remember that at some point, Comcast/Xfinity will charge almost the same as the rentasl fee they require you to use, to use this app. So if you already have boxes, this app will not save you money in the future.

But how many will actually pay for it. Not me, not when the other cable companies don't charge for their Roku apps.

Frequent Visitor

How do you provide feedback to the developers?

Like the app so far but would like fast forward to scroll the video not just move the timeline
Regular Visitor

I've been using the APP since it first came out and have always had local channels.  In the last few weeks, the locals have disappeared.  All the other channels remain, including premium.  Is there some trick to getting locals back?   I've tried the usual stuff (reactivating, deleting/reinstalling)...

Thanks.

Expert

DarrellH wrote:

I've been using the APP since it first came out and have always had local channels.  In the last few weeks, the locals have disappeared.  All the other channels remain, including premium.  Is there some trick to getting locals back?   I've tried the usual stuff (reactivating, deleting/reinstalling)...

Thanks.

does your desk/laptop or smart device have those channels available?

New Poster

Re: roku app error (drm.-3)

Hello, 

Same Error DRM.-3 message here. Are you able to assist me as well? 

Frequent Visitor

clockwork_robot wrote:

First, the interface for finding shows/channels is slow and combersome. 

Came to say the same thing.  Just started using the app (and Roku as well) and it looks nice, but navigating is definately cumbersome.  Favorite channels like the mobile app has would be great.  Voice search support would be even better.  

Regular Visitor

Re: "Channel Install Failed"....cannot add Xfinity Beta to my Roku

I am having the same issue! Anybody have a solution??
Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

smitty885 wrote:

yes but it is a free subscription offered to Xfinity internet-only customers to let them sample what having a cable bundle experience could be like. Any package is available to install using the set top boxes or even the Instant TV from Xfinity. (no set top boxes needed, just uses your own internet).

Rustybe, et al.:

I'm considering this "free" subscription as well, and have an old Roku 2 XS (3100) lying around.  I understand that the Xfinity Stream App Beta for Roku won't work on that model, but wonder whether anyone can confirm that the Xfinity CREDENTIALS from the "free" Xfinity Stream package can by used to logon to the Roku HBOGO or HBONOW apps on that model?  I'm asking this b/c it has been confirmed that for some bizarre reason these same credentials do NOT suffice to sign onto these apps on the Nvidia Shield (and there is no Xfinity Stream beta app for the Shield).  

I only care about HBO; don't care about Xfinity Stream or other channels. Thanks.

Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:
unhelpful, off topic, flaming.Post Removed per Forum Guidelines. You can review these here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Huh?  From the forum guidelines "Do" column:  "Ask questions:  No question is considered silly or "dumb." We're here to help, so please ask away!"

Your response:  "Don't ask that question!"  

Other, prior, posts on this topic specifically asked about the Xfinity Live Streaming App Beta for Roku on the Roku 2 XS (3100) (which does not appear to be supported). It's perfectly logical to ask if on that same (Roku) device, using the Xfinity Stream package I quoted your prior post about, one can get still obtain one of the touted features of the Xfinity Stream service's benefits: the ability to use one's sign-on credentials to use the HBO GO or Now apps on unsupported (Stream beta) devices, when those devices already have those apps.

If you just don't know the answer, say so--maybe someone else does!

Expert

DrewMcG wrote:

Rustyben wrote:
unhelpful, off topic, flaming.Post Removed per Forum Guidelines. You can review these here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Huh?  From the forum guidelines "Do" column:  "Ask questions:  No question is considered silly or "dumb." We're here to help, so please ask away!"

Other, prior, posts on this topic specifically asked about the Xfinity Live Streaming App Beta for Roku on the Roku 2 XS (3100) (which does not appear to be supported). It's perfectly logical to ask if on that same (Roku) device, using the Xfinity Stream package I quoted your prior post about, one can get still obtain one of the touted features of the Xfinity Stream service's benefits: the ability to use one's sign-on credentials to use the HBO GO or Now apps on unsupported (Stream beta) devices, when those devices already have those apps.

the removed post called another customer on the thread (not me) a disparaging derogatory name in a one line post as a reply. 

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

DrewMcG wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

the removed post called another customer on the thread (not me) a disparaging derogatory name in a one line post as a reply. 

Oops; apologies!

New Poster

Favorite Channels on Xfinity Stream on Roku

I’ve installed the Xfinity Stream app on Roku.  When I’m searching channels I have to either scroll through the entire channel listing, or search the channel number I’m looking for.  Is there a way to mark Favorite Channels to avoid this?

New Poster

I’m getting that error message again, Drmsession 403-102. Are you aware of this error coming back up or is this an isolated issue?
New Poster

I have a local channel with audio/video sync problems... wvit in CT. How do I report it? Unwatchable now. 

Expert

naimakirk wrote:
I’m getting that error message again, Drmsession 403-102. Are you aware of this error coming back up or is this an isolated issue?

hi, are you using the roku while it is connected to your home's Xfinity internet (not the SSID xfinitywifi)?