Community Forum

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV app for Roku

@ComcastDan wrote:

Your point is well taken but I don't have any information on any potential future pricing plans so not sure if or how this would be managed. I agree that it gets more challenging with customer-owned devices - particularly if fees become involved.

Thanks, I understand you don't have all the answers, I just wanted to make sure the issue got raised.

Expert

Re: Xfinity TV on Roku

@ChickIL wrote:

Any rough timeframe on when improvements to the app might be made available? I have an Insignia Roku TV (Model: NS-40DR420NA16) that performs very poorly with the Xfinity Roku app in regard to HD channels. Streams either do not start, or start and play for a minute before the screen flickers once and audio goes out of sync. The app frequently crashes when exiting a stream, and is entirely unpleasant to use. I know many Roku TV users are reporting the same in this thread. Just wondering if there is any established beta version rollout schedule and associated release notes?

After browsing the manual for your Roku TV, there is no provision for hard wiring or USB networking. The TV has to rely on wifi. Is the gateway or your personal router near the location for the TV? If so, you might be able to change to either the router's 2.4 ghz or 5.0 ghz radio and recheck your connection (Playback). Be sure not to select 'xfinitywifi' public access network.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

So far so good. Still meets my (very basic) needs... just watching live TV. I have two other feature requests:

- Ability to permanently filter out channels I don't watch from the Live TV section. This is different from having the ability to set up "Favorite channels"

- Ability to pause Live TV (I thought this was avilable but I can't get it to work on my Roku Ultra)

Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

After browsing the manual for your Roku TV, there is no provision for hard wiring or USB networking. The TV has to rely on wifi. Is the gateway or your personal router near the location for the TV? If so, you might be able to change to either the router's 2.4 ghz or 5.0 ghz radio and recheck your connection (Playback). Be sure not to select 'xfinitywifi' public access network.

5 GHz isn't an option on this TV, and no, I'm not connected to SSID xfinitywifi. I don't believe it's a throughput issue at all. The router is close, the signal strong, and I have no trouble streaming in HD with any other Roku app (and I'm beginning to long for PS Vue again). The problems I'm experiencing are echoed throughout this thread by others using a Roku TV.

Contributor

@ChickIL wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

5 GHz isn't an option on this TV, and no, I'm not connected to SSID xfinitywifi. I don't believe it's a throughput issue at all. The router is close, the signal strong, and I have no trouble streaming in HD with any other Roku app (and I'm beginning to long for PS Vue again). The problems I'm experiencing are echoed throughout this thread by others using a Roku TV.

Yeah, it's still not working on any of the Roku TVs. It's not a networking issue. 

So that the techs can track the particular Roku TV version that you're having problems with, you might want to provide it in your posts.  It's not the TV model number. Go to settings>system>about to find the Roku TV version.

Official Employee

@ChickIL wrote:

Any rough timeframe on when improvements to the app might be made available? I have an Insignia Roku TV (Model: NS-40DR420NA16) that performs very poorly with the Xfinity Roku app in regard to HD channels. Streams either do not start, or start and play for a minute before the screen flickers once and audio goes out of sync. The app frequently crashes when exiting a stream, and is entirely unpleasant to use. I know many Roku TV users are reporting the same in this thread. Just wondering if there is any established beta version rollout schedule and associated release notes?

Yes, it appears that Roku TVs are having a poorer experience than those using separate Roku devices based on feedback in this thread. 

There isn't a defined release schedule for updates but work is ongoing. I'd expect another update within a couple weeks but it depends on testing and how much improvement the technical team tries to include in each update.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@BruceDelaney wrote:

@ComcastDan:

Equipment: Roku Streaming Stick (3600R)

New Problem popped up: It seems that while watching a few different channels for short periods of time that the stream will buffer and video will come back but sound doesn't. This happened 2 times yesterday morning, 1 time yesterday evening and then again 1 more time this morning. The only thing that would bring the audio back was hitting the Roku's back arrow key and then choosing the "Watch" option again which did in fact clear it up.

I hope this is helpful,

~Bruce

Thanks for the feedback and info on your device!  Much appreciated.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

New Problem popped up: It seems that while watching a few different channels for short periods of time that the stream will buffer and video will come back but sound doesn't. This happened 2 times yesterday morning, 1 time yesterday evening and then again 1 more time this morning. The only thing that would bring the audio back was hitting the Roku's back arrow key and then choosing the "Watch" option again which did in fact clear it up.

I had the same issue with a Roku 3 yesterday...

Contributor

I have the roku stick, the newest one and it had been working fine but as mentioned by the last two posters my audio kept going off today after about 15 minutes watching a show and than the screen would freeze. I would use the back button on the roku and restart it and it would work fine for another 15 -20 minutes and than repeat itself. It was working fine for the past week or so. I just noticed it today and checked to see if others were experiencing it and now I see I'm not alone.
Official Employee

@Lonniew wrote:
I have the roku stick, the newest one and it had been working fine but as mentioned by the last two posters my audio kept going off today after about 15 minutes watching a show and than the screen would freeze. I would use the back button on the roku and restart it and it would work fine for another 15 -20 minutes and than repeat itself. It was working fine for the past week or so. I just noticed it today and checked to see if others were experiencing it and now I see I'm not alone.

Thank you for giving the additional data points and sorry you are having trouble. I'll let the technical team know.

Frequent Visitor

I've been using the app since launch without issues (outside the app features that need work and have already been addressed in the forum.

I am on X1 triple play (200mb/s) internet on a hard wired Roku 4 to a Samsung KS8000 using HDMI ARC to a JBL Soundbar. Using my own arris TM822g emta modem and X4S netgear router.

No sync issues and all channels work perfectly. No pixelation or anything to report.

I'm happy with the app so far (Once additional features are added in), but, won't pay for it if that is a requirement.
Contributor

Should the on-demand show lists in the app be the same as online for network TV?  I went to catch up on a show via the app, I could see the latest episode on the xfinity.tv website (5 episodes total), but not on the app (3 episodes total).

Official Employee

@mark.bidewell wrote:

Should the on-demand show lists in the app be the same as online for network TV?  I went to catch up on a show via the app, I could see the latest episode on the xfinity.tv website (5 episodes total), but not on the app (3 episodes total).

The Roku app should match what is available at no additional cost on your television within On Demand.  The XFINITY TV portal and mobile apps also include "TV Go" content which is delivered over the Internet and is based on different rights.  The mobile apps and portal combine the in-home only content and this TV Go content.  Roku only offers the in-home content which is delivered over our managed network instead of the Internet.

-ComcastDan

New Poster

@Scarchelli wrote:
I am extremely surprised no one has said this yet, unless someone has and I missed the post. When I fast forward a show, because of commercials let's say, I can't see the picture going as I FF. So I have to guess when the show is back on. Is that only for certain on demand recordings? Because it is pretty much a dealbreaker, imo. I'd rather pay $10 a month to have that feature as opposed to probably $5 cor to use a roku, from what it looks like.

I'd like to echo these comments. I use my Roku almost exclusively to play my X1 DVR content... and trying to fast foward though the commericals is like playing hide-and-go-seek while blindfolded.

It may not be possible to replicate the fast forwarding/rewind experience seen in the X1 boxes, but anything is helpful - like in Netflix, where you see a small number of low-res thumbnail images to help guide you.

Other than that, I'm a happy camper - but I encourage you all to to complain frequently and loudly, as that'll keep 'em from charging us for as long as possible. (Ha! I'm kidding... maybe.)

Frequent Visitor

Same here the sound is good but the video freezes

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Roku App

@DigitalGENOcyde wrote:
No I have the Roku 3 and it's plugged directly into my television.

Did you try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it? If not then uninstall the app. Then unplug your Roku 3 wait 30 seconds then plug your it back in. Then reinstall the Xfinity TV app. You may have to restart you Roku again after the app is reinstalled. 

New Poster

No have not and spent all day trying...We give up....lol

Regular Visitor

I am a former long-time DirecTV customer, who recently "cut the cord" and went to all-streaming.   I have been trying out the typical vendors.    Since I have always been a Comcast internet subscriber, I decided to sign up for a no-contract TV package to give the new app a try.   Here's my feedback:

Pros:

• Guide:  Just about the best I have seen for a streaming app on Roku.    Would be nice to add features such as "record" on live TV.
  • Tuning:  Auto-tune to HD equivalent channels is a huge need.    It's not easy to get to the 800's every time I enter the guide.
  • Pic quality:  Definitely better than other streaming services -  I assume as the feed is coming in over cable vs Internet.

Cons:

• Per-device limits.   As Comcast is requiring the device be validated on my account (and based on all the rumors on this forum) it seems obvious that they are considering a per-device fee for streaming on Roku.    This is a big problem for the following reason:   The reason I have 3 Roku devices is not so I can watch 3 different streams... It is so I can watch a stream in different rooms without having to move the device.    Charging per-device will inflate my bill to a level that makes the service useless.      The question should be asked... Why develop a streaming system that MUST be on the Comcast network, and MUST have a device fee paid, when we already have that with cable boxes?
  • SD channels are showing up considerably smaller than the screen size.   Not sure if this is an app issue, TV issue, etc.

Overall:   Easily the best streaming app i have seen.... but thats just the app.    Functionality needs improvement (as in most beta instances), and clarification is needed in pricing structure.

My suspicion is that it will need to compete with the other streaming vendors from a $$$ perspective, or it will be a big waste of time.

Contributor

I feel your pain. I'm gonna have 5 Rokus before it's all said and done so I'm watching this pricing thing very carefully. We left Comcast the first time because we couldn't stand paying $70 in equipment fees per month, and while this will obviously be quite a bit cheaper, it still doesn't make me happy that we will be paying $6-$7 a piece if that ends up being true. Getting back to the app, will we be able to pause, rewind, and fast forward live tv at any time?
Frequent Visitor

ROKU

How do I setup HGTV on ROKU. Comcast isn't on the list.

New Poster

We have been doing this for days and we still cannot log in. I called Xfinity and they said to call Roku. I think there is a problem with the authorization API. We need a solution.
Regular Visitor

Question regarding DVR functionality:

I went to the guide and found an upcoming show that i wanted to record.  Selected the show, and set it up the series to record.

The show shows as having been recorded, and the DVR capacity is now at 2% used.   

The problem i have is that the show will not play.   I get the "Sorry!  Something went wrong.  Please try again later" message.  Is this a known issue?   Is there any DVR functionality that is working right now?

It is worth noting that i do NOT have any set top boxes connected right now.    The channel i was recording was my local HD feed of NBC.

I understand we are in beta, so if the functionality is not here yet, I get it.   If it is, I seem to be dealing with a bug.

Regular Visitor

@mdecou wrote:

I went to the guide and found an upcoming show that i wanted to record.  Selected the show, and set it up the series to record.

The problem i have is that the show will not play.   I get the "Sorry!  Something went wrong.  Please try again later" message.  Is this a known issue?   Is there any DVR functionality that is working right now?

It is worth noting that i do NOT have any set top boxes connected right now.    The channel i was recording was my local HD feed of NBC.

I understand we are in beta, so if the functionality is not here yet, I get it.   If it is, I seem to be dealing with a bug.

As a follow-up, i found that if i select that same show in the "on demand" menu, it reverts to my recorded show when i try to play it and it fails.    If i select another episode from the same show that i did not record, it shows as available "on demand" and will play.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: ROKU

There is no agreement between Comcast and Scripps Networks, of which HGTV is part of. It also affects Food, Travel and several others.

You can look here. You need to manually use a link, but edit it first to put your devices code. Basically, copy the link below and paste it into your browswer's address bar, edit the "reg_code=yourcode" to say "reg_code=ABCDEF" (the code your Roku shows onscreen), then ENTER to send it. Do NOT simply click on the link below, as it will not work. I used something similar to authorize Travel Channel on mine.

https://sp.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate?mso_id=Comcast_SSO&reg_code=yourcode&requestor_id=HGTV...

Frequent Visitor

More limitations encountered. As previously mentioned, there is no picture when using fast forward on a Saved show so it's a guessing game trying to skip commercials, which is extremely frustrating. Since this is not a problem on X1 boxes I'm hoping this can be added in the next beta release.

Of similar concern is the inability to fast forward or pause shows which are currently being saved. On the Roku app it is possible to watch a show which is currently being saved but there are NO controls avaible. Again this feature is available on X1 boxes and needs to be added to the app.

Expert

@mdecou wrote:

what area (city, state)?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The app is actually working pretty well for me, aside for some features it abosolutely needs, but am I the only one noticing the PQ is substantially lower than what you get from the cable box?  Looks like it's streaming in a lower resolution.

Anyone, requests

1 - better filtering for guide (i.e. HD only option)

2 - Quality settings to tailor the inage to the device (i.e. 720p, 1080i, 1080p like on the X1 box)

3 - Start up with last selected channel playing.  Essentially, when i start the program if I was on Fox Sports that's what immediately pops up when the software loads

4 - On screen remote, or some additional app for iphone and android to allow the functions on a regular remote like number channel selection, pause, live TV, etc.

5 - Beter overall image quality.  This might even be a good way for Comcast to introduce 4K programming to their product line (even if it's additional fee) without having to replace everyone's in-home cable hardware (because we know that's a monumental feat that will cost a fortune).

6 - Versions for Samsung TVs (please, even older ones e.g. 2015), nVidia Shield (the best set top box I've found), Apple TV (opens up a whole universe of users, and the App is already written), Fire TV (Huge userbase and a great way to pull subscribers in from Amazon's cord-cutting userbase)

7 - Reconsider the cost.  A 25% discount over a cable box is laughable.  Maybe $3.95 or even $4.95 would be reasonable, but this is basically an outlet only charge.  I DO love that it doesn't count against the data cap, but it seems it is using data for many currently.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV on Roku--Beta Feedback

Subject:  Feedback on Xfinity Live TV App for Roku

Good news:

1.  Picture quality very good HD

2.  Signal is stable

3.  Channel guide is same as presented by Comcast set top box

Bad News:

1.  First, Changing channels on Live TV is convoluted...for example, when I open the app and initially tune a channel, I open 'Live TV' then must push the 'down arrow' to get a display at the top which says "Tap * " to select a channel.  I should not have to press the down arrow to see "Tap * "

Second, it gets worse.....while watching the channel I initially select and then I want to change channels, I push all the buttons on the Roku remote, and nothing works to regain the channel guide.  Only way to change channels is to push the 'Back Arrow' and restart the App.

Third, many times when I start Live TV, and select a channel, it wants to select a program from the channel guide that was completed 1 or 2 hrs ago vice what is currently being broadcast live by Comcast.

As a footnote, I do not experience any of these problems when I use the Xfinity Live TV App for my IPAD or my Laptop.

Regular Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@mdecou wrote:

what area (city, state)?

Hunterdon county, New Jersey

Frequent Visitor

@sbushman719 wrote:

The app is actually working pretty well for me, aside for some features it abosolutely needs, but am I the only one noticing the PQ is substantially lower than what you get from the cable box?  Looks like it's streaming in a lower resolution.

Anyone, requests

1 - better filtering for guide (i.e. HD only option)

2 - Quality settings to tailor the inage to the device (i.e. 720p, 1080i, 1080p like on the X1 box)

3 - Start up with last selected channel playing.  Essentially, when i start the program if I was on Fox Sports that's what immediately pops up when the software loads

4 - On screen remote, or some additional app for iphone and android to allow the functions on a regular remote like number channel selection, pause, live TV, etc.

5 - Beter overall image quality.  This might even be a good way for Comcast to introduce 4K programming to their product line (even if it's additional fee) without having to replace everyone's in-home cable hardware (because we know that's a monumental feat that will cost a fortune).

6 - Versions for Samsung TVs (please, even older ones e.g. 2015), nVidia Shield (the best set top box I've found), Apple TV (opens up a whole universe of users, and the App is already written), Fire TV (Huge userbase and a great way to pull subscribers in from Amazon's cord-cutting userbase)

7 - Reconsider the cost.  A 25% discount over a cable box is laughable.  Maybe $3.95 or even $4.95 would be reasonable, but this is basically an outlet only charge.  I DO love that it doesn't count against the data cap, but it seems it is using data for many currently.

I agree with most of what you say, but not on the reasonable pricing. Your opinion isn't wrong, but below is my two cents.

There appears to be two sets of people interested in this app. Those that rent set top boxes, and those that do not (CableCard users and cord cutters considering coming back). Renters see this as a discount from the $9.95 set top box rental fee. Non-renters look at this as a way to watch the content that they have already paid for without renting equipment. We non-renters want to pay little or no rental fees.

I pay $7.45 ($9.95-$2.50) for my CableCard and it decrypts up to six channels simultaneously. I can share those six channels amongst ANY number of device. I am okay with paying the $7.45 because they are providing me with equipment that has served my home for eight years. Technically I get a $2.50 customer supplied equipment credit on my bill each month because it is the "primary outlet", but the principle is the same.

It would be more reasonable if they charged $7.45 ($9.95 - $2.50) for blocks of five simultaneous streams. These must be floating streams and not locked to a device. They can call them outlets if they would like.

-Tom

New Poster

Just started using this app earlier today
Video seems to be stable so far

Some improvements I would like to see:
Being able to delete saved DVR videos
Seeing the video being fast forwarded/rewound
Having an HD filter on channel guide

Also I strongly disagree with the plan to implement a useage fee when a customer already has at least one cable box in their home. Why am I able to watch on a laptop, iPhone and iPad at no addition cost using the xfinity X1 app but would have to pay a monthly fee for essentially the same app on a roku?

Official Employee

@mdecou wrote:

It's not that the boxes are connected but the fact that you probably don't have dvr service activated on your account.

Regular Contributor

@two_bits_11 wrote:

It would be more reasonable if they charged $7.45 ($9.95 - $2.50) for blocks of five simultaneous streams. These must be floating streams and not locked to a device. They can call them outlets if they would like.

My understanding about extra outlet fees is they have always been for equipment rental. As has been mentioned before, we already pay for content with the cable fee we're charged.

Prior to renting two X1 companion boxes, the signal coming out of my one cable/satellite box in the living room was mirrored throughout the house to 3 other TV's, no extra boxes, no extra fees for the mirroring or content.

I see no difference between that mirroring and purchasing Roku boxes to put on those formerly mirrored TV's. We own the Roku boxes and have already paid for the content and, for that matter, the development costs of the Xfinity for Roku app, which we also pay for with our monthly cable bill.

There shouldn't be any extra charge for using the app, especially since it's looking very much like I'll have to buy two more Roku's to replace two that aren't compatable with the app.

Contributor

I agree with you 100 percent workerdummy. I pay for the content. I paid for the roku. So what would the fee be for? I am already paying for a set top box to get the content. The fee would be for greed.. As much as I enjoy the app on the roku, no way would I pay a penny more.
Regular Visitor

Comcast team:

Regarding the DVR functionality, can you clarify the following:

Is a physical DVR box required in my home in order to record shows using Roku?    In other words, is the Roku stream supposed to be recording to the cloud, or is it telling the local DVR to record the show?

Regarding the app in general:

I have had to re-add devices to my account a few times in the past day.   Is this expected?   I know some others have mentioned this, but I did not see an anwer.

Thanks

Expert

@mdecou wrote:

Comcast team:

Regarding the DVR functionality, can you clarify the following:

Is a physical DVR box required in my home in order to record shows using Roku?    In other words, is the Roku stream supposed to be recording to the cloud, or is it telling the local DVR to record the show?

Regarding the app in general:

I have had to re-add devices to my account a few times in the past day.   Is this expected?   I know some others have mentioned this, but I did not see an anwer.

Thanks

If you (currently) have a DVR in your home it creates a recording in the home and if you have the cloud DVR rate code on your account and have accepted terms and conditions for using the cloud DVR then a separate cloud DVR recording is made.

New Poster

I got that on everything, so I restarted the Roku and then was able to play recorded Dvr shows and on demand content, but live tv still gave me that error.

Frequent Visitor

In live TV the HD CBS channel the audio is off, the background sounds are loud and the voice is very quiet.

I also tried to watch a on demand movie from Starz that was HD but the quality was very low def.

Otherwise it is working well. The live TV could use some usability enhancements like being able to switch thru the channels easily.

New Poster

I have noticed on roku Tv's like tcl the HD on demand and live tv channels take a while to load or freeze the app to where have to unplug the tv, it's almost like it's relying on internet to play the higher quality. If the HD does play it freezes up the stream or live tv stream shortly after playing and shows a message saying sorry something must of went wrong
Contributor

I am also having issues with the roku freezing when using the xfinity channel. Live tv, sometimes no picture, just audio or the wrong channel plays. I am ready to stop using until the freezing issue is worked out, Too much of a hassle to watch. 

Frequent Visitor

Just noticed I can't play any of my DVR recordings thru the Recordings menu, I click on them and nothing happens. I can open them however thru the For You section.

New Poster

I'd echo some of the feedback already given and add a few more:

-I like that the channel guide automatically only shows me channels I subscribe to, instead of all channels (actually wish X1 boxes would do this too), but it should automatically filter out SD channels when connected to an HD TV. As is, I have to manually type the first HD channel number to skip to that part of the guide every time I tune to a channel.

-The app currently is much slower than it should be when loading guide information. I'm not familiar with how much on-stick storage a Roku channel can use, but the app would be much improved if it could download guide information in the background like X1 boxes do, so that's it's up to date and fully loaded when the channel launches.

-Some Roku products, like the streaming stick I have, use bluetooth to connect the remote (Apple TVs can connect bluetooth devices too). The comcast voice remote is far superior for navigating a channel guide than the roku remote is. It would be neat if somehow those comcast remotes could pair to a roku for use with the XFINITY TV app.

Frequent Visitor

I now pay $18/month rental for 3 digital set top boxes that were initially distributed for use free of extra rental charges in addition to my X1 box. It now appears that I may be paying only $12/ month to rent Roku boxes that I already own in addition to $10/month extra for sports and broadcast fees. What a bargain. Is there no limit to Comcast's greed? What does standard charges may apply after the trial mean?

New Poster

Update - Xfinity updates the settings on their end - it was not a Roku problem. Now it works. My complaint is that we cannot use the set top box only the Roku due to wiring. We should not have to at for both devices.
New Poster

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

I bought a Roku Premiere+ today.  I am trying to use the xfinity app on it,  but I don't think it's working for me. I see an error code:  (Error createDrmSession.403-102) says to use a mobile device or Windows and I can't do anything with it on my Roku.  

Can someone help me out please.  

Thank you. 

20170212_003857.jpg
New Poster

I like the whole idea but dang, the I feel like I am watching TV in the 80s , the resolution not good , video and audio are out of synch, it's painful to watch, I understand this is a beta. So many things need to be fixed. If I have to pay for this and to have HD. I have to pass. I will stick with sling tv and have my awesome xfinity internet.
New Poster

Yeah if I have to pay a rental fee that is pretty much the same as a cable box, why would I get a box that has lower bit rate video and just overall a worse veiwing experince? If this was free like all the other apps that you have I'd be fine with it but paying 7 and change per month for a worse experience no thanks.

Frequent Visitor

For those commenting about the bad quality picture. Are you watching on a screen larger than a TV from the early 50's? From what I've been reading Comcast and their super duper high quality MPEG4 with super duper ultra compression that rivals the likes of VHS doesn't look all that great if you're actually watching on, you know, a real big screen TV and not a "big screen" iPhone 6 which they seem to be catering to these days.

Now that brings me to my own question. Hey Comcast, since I'm supposed to be watching TV on my 5" screened cellphone like all the "kewl kidz" can you tell me how I can connect my X1 to it? I really don't like streaming on my phone and using up all my data so being able to connect my X1 to my TV of the future would be great. Thanx.

Regular Contributor

Not sure if this has come up yet, but I have lost all of my local channels.  I am in the Denver market, on my Xfinity/Comcast router, in my home, but no local channels.  I tried to reset app, tried to delete and reinstal, tried to re-login.  Still no local channels.  What good in the app, if there are no local channels.  I can watch HBO easier on HBO go.  I can watch all of the "premium" channels I subscribe to easier on other Roku apps.  I thought the point of the app was to save from renting STB's.  I also do not want to run cables all over my home.  I have a good WiFi router that covers the entire home and garage, but waqnt to watch ALL of my subscribed channels, not just the government and 'QVC" type channels.  Please help, if you can.  I also agree that if they are going to chareg ANY fee for using my Roku, I will use a different service, such as DirecTV Now, Sling, or PSVue.  I have 5 TV's and if they charge even $5.00 per TV, that is $25.00 on top of the other cable charges.  Won't be worth it. 

Expert

@asndad wrote:

Not sure if this has come up yet, but I have lost all of my local channels.  I am in the Denver market, on my Xfinity/Comcast router, in my home, but no local channels.  I tried to reset app, tried to delete and reinstal, tried to re-login.  Still no local channels.  What good in the app, if there are no local channels.  I can watch HBO easier on HBO go.  I can watch all of the "premium" channels I subscribe to easier on other Roku apps.  I thought the point of the app was to save from renting STB's.  I also do not want to run cables all over my home.  I have a good WiFi router that covers the entire home and garage, but waqnt to watch ALL of my subscribed channels, not just the government and 'QVC" type channels.  Please help, if you can.  I also agree that if they are going to chareg ANY fee for using my Roku, I will use a different service, such as DirecTV Now, Sling, or PSVue.  I have 5 TV's and if they charge even $5.00 per TV, that is $25.00 on top of the other cable charges.  Won't be worth it. 

Your problem is likely account related not Roku related. If your set top box has your local channels, would you verify that the web portal https://tv.xfinity.com/ have your local channels?